Custom produced by FTF (Floor Truck Factory) using components from around the world, the truck was first put in use in 1989 by the Roseboom company. After switching owners and company the truck is nowadays beautifully restored in his old glory. After finding images of the restoration I fell in love with the color scheme and the challenge was set to build this beauty of a truck.  

36262198012_ba52ea8a2d_c.jpg
Tan, red, sand green and dark green :wub: - Flickr
35631778583_0daaae0143_c.jpg
The cabin tilts to reveal the V8 detroit diesel engine - Flickr
36302412351_a2c91cee7d_c.jpg
Fully detailed interieur - Flickr

The truck is combined with a Scheuerle EuroCombi Hauling a humongous dark red beam. The final model is build with full suspension, working fifth wheel, opening doors, cabin tilt and remote controlled with Sbrick. The trailer has a mechanical steering controlled by the two turntables the beam rests on and a detachable and operatabel gooseneck

36262354942_5eeaa77619_c.jpg
Dark red combines perfectly with the truck in my opinion - Flickr
36393634446_13d1c29206_c.jpg
Yes, it is a long truck.... - Flickr
36393770016_2fd681ceb9_c.jpg
The trailer comes fully equipped with extra weight and tools - Flickr
36042562320_f5f4f9f08d_c.jpg
Most of the details have been taken care of - Flickr 

PS, Yes the rims are painted.

A beauty this truck. The cabin is that the color sand green? Not one of my favorite colors due to the fact that they are ofthen high priced. But the whole combination is an amazing build, love it..

This is realy a masterpiece Dirk and in my mind your best jet:wub::wub:

Not only the countless spot on details, but that everything also works, just WOW.

You make my day happy.

That's a really amazing build. The shapes of the real thing is very unusual and recreated in bricks just beautifully. The color combination is an eye candy. I can't stop looking at it. Very nice, no, just brilliant work. Haven't seen anything that gorgeous in a long time. TLCB might be right. It should have been a real joy to assemble. Thanks for sharing!

This one is indeed your best to date, it is truly beautiful. :D

I really like the attention to detail on the whole build. Great job done! 

Beautiful looking truck with an amazing attention to detail and functionality. Just WOW!

Thank you all! :blush:

18 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

...The cabin is that the color sand green?....

Yes that is sand green, expensive but also very beautiful. For me the softer colors of Lego that are the rarest often give the best realistic look.

38 minutes ago, Ludo Visser said:

....Do you have a video?

Nope no video sorry.

4 hours ago, dikkie klijn said:

Thank you all! :blush:

Yes that is sand green, expensive but also very beautiful. For me the softer colors of Lego that are the rarest often give the best realistic look.

Nope no video sorry.

I like the total build. Old trucks are difficult to build. Due to the round shapes. But you covered very good. The only thing why i dont like sand green, is because ( you sayd it allready ) there are expensive and hard to get..

Really amazing

8 hours ago, Lipko said:

That's beautiful. I think it would do well on Ideas.

That would make me sign up at ideas just to vote on this

5 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

Really amazing

That would make me sign up at ideas just to vote on this

I think that everybody will vote on this on Ideas, but as Dikkie Klijn also knows as insider that his model got no change by the TLG team to go on into production.:wink:

And when you look at this model, instructions would be out of the question I reckon.

First of all, this must be the most realistic truck at 1:16 scale. I have a few questions:

1. Can you post pictures of the suspension and drive of the truck as well as the mechanism for the forced steering on the trailer?

2. Why did you choose to make the wheel arches using 3mm tube instead of arch bricks? (genuinely curious)

3. From your pictures, I can see that the frame of the truck is made using technic bricks sandwiched by plates (correct me if I am wrong). How sturdy is this construction? I ask because I am trying to build a truck of my own, but am using two levels of technic bricks separated by 2 plates with technic liftarms holding the frame together. (is one technic brick sufficient?)

Simply beautiful, do you have any wip photos? ( and the underside photo ) of this masterpiece.

The level of detail is beyond, the rubber bands on the fuel tanks, the curved beam is just something else.

Old school style, I'm really impressed :thumbup:

Hm, now Ingmar has serius competition :devil:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Hm, now Ingmar has serius competition :devil:

:laugh: I_Igor,

The only competion as Scale modeling builders have, that every time we improved our self and in real we are good friends and love others work.:wink:

9 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

:laugh: I_Igor,

The only competion as Scale modeling builders have, that every time we improved our self and in real we are good friends and love others work.:wink:

Isn't that point in everything? 

On 8/9/2017 at 9:12 PM, Edwin Korstanje said:

I think that everybody will vote on this on Ideas, but as Dikkie Klijn also knows as insider that his model got no change by the TLG team to go on into production.:wink:

Nope, the complete model has 36 wheels, 18 springs, 3 motors, sbrick and a rechargeable battery box to start with....

On 8/9/2017 at 11:44 PM, Dafgek81 said:

And when you look at this model, instructions would be out of the question I reckon.

Yes, instructions are out of the question. Id rather inspire then let people recreate :wink:

On 8/10/2017 at 3:29 AM, Beck said:

First of all, this must be the most realistic truck at 1:16 scale. I have a few questions:

1. Can you post pictures of the suspension and drive of the truck as well as the mechanism for the forced steering on the trailer?

2. Why did you choose to make the wheel arches using 3mm tube instead of arch bricks? (genuinely curious)

3. From your pictures, I can see that the frame of the truck is made using technic bricks sandwiched by plates (correct me if I am wrong). How sturdy is this construction? I ask because I am trying to build a truck of my own, but am using two levels of technic bricks separated by 2 plates with technic liftarms holding the frame together. (is one technic brick sufficient?)

1. Coming up shortly :classic: 

2. I can get more detail this way. Now i can choose where the arch ends and starts. Besides that now the small black rim could be added on the side of the wheel arches.

3. It is sufficiently strong for a model like this. though I would not use it for a model where there is a large amount of stress on the chassis, for example a crane, towtruck, or a tipper.

On 8/10/2017 at 5:48 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

....How well does it drive?

It can pull the complete beam :grin:

On 8/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, brickless_kiwi said:

Simply beautiful, do you have any wip photos? ( and the underside photo ) of this masterpiece...

Coming up shortly :classic:

Wow,:wub: At first I thought you used Unimog tyres to work in a scale that offers the room for all these details, but then I realized that you used the standard 62.4 mm wheels... Incredible amount of detail for that scale.

EDIT: My 1000th post, I thought it would be nice to post a MOC or something for my 1000th post, but this model deserved that honour

Edited by Jeroen Ottens