Introducing a new Lego Classic Space Spaceship - Aquarius, which is a Wanderer Class Planet Hopper, Mark I, which was inspired by the Scorpio from Blake's 7, hence the name Aquarius, the spaceship is a combined cargo carrier and explorer spaceship.

The Lego Classic Spaceship is 3 ft long, 15 inches wide and 10 inches tall and I estimate between 3000 and 4000 pieces were used.

The Lego Classic Spaceship has a ramp at the back which folds up and unfolds when the spaceship lands on a planet or a suitable surface, there are two sections of the spaceship roof which can be removed revealing the cargo bay and light drive engine mechanism and the flight deck, which is connected to the cargo bay by a sliding door.

There are rear doors leading out to the ramp, the legs are permanent feature of the spaceship as they have rockets which are powerful enough to lift the spaceship of a surface before the spaceship flies away using the Light Drive Engines.

The Light Grey, Light Bluish Grey and Trans dishes on the roof are the sensor relay network, the three trans orange aerials are the communications array, the gray object which looks like a gun is the radar system, the various grill and round bricks on top are the exhaust ports.

The trans yellow aerials are laser, the ship has two on the front and six midway next to the missile launchers, the round brick structures with yellow and black lines are missiles ready to be fired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The below image is of the right front of the spaceship.

36430348955_1d062457fd_c.jpg

The below image is of left front of the spaceship.

36033748730_8e7bc7d468_c.jpg

The below image is of the front of the spaceship.

36430348745_2b53992332_c.jpg

The below image is of the left back of the spaceship.

36294079531_f45185e16e_c.jpg

The below image is of the right back of the spaceship.

36033752020_798f7d1d02_c.jpg

The below image is of the back of the spaceship.

36262050022_eeabf49972_c.jpg

The below image is of the top with the rear removable section removed revealing the Cargo bay and the two Light Drive Mechanism which are fenced off from the rest of the cargo bay, the three vehicles are parked ready for a missions or tasks the crew may have.

36430350535_02f5871a4a_c.jpg

The below image is of the top with the front removable section removed revealing the flight deck with 7 Lego Classic Space Minifigures, and two custom Lego robots.  the flight deck is connected to the cargo bay via a sliding door which in flight would be closed and sealed with the flight deck being pressurized.

36430348535_14b80f2600_c.jpg

The below image is of the rear showing the rear doors open, the ramp lowered and unfolded, the Light Drive Engines and the three explorer vehicles.

36430350375_1f2f8bed4d_c.jpg

The below image is of the rear removable section showing the various lights, the communications relay, two sensors (part of the sensor array of the spaceship), the vents.

36430350265_06019297a9_c.jpg

The below image is of the front removable section showing four dishes (part of the sensor array), the radar, the various lights, and the exhausts.

36033750440_762fa1c8f2_c.jpg

The below image is of the right side of the spaceship, showing the landing legs, the four lasers, the missile which is ready to be launched and the rear engine room.

36430349925_0e148fda08_c.jpg

The below image is of the rear of the spaceship, showing the ramp folded up as if in flight or getting ready to take off.

36430349295_9df2996a1e_c.jpgThe b

The below image is of the left side of the spaceship, showing the landing legs, the four lasers, the missile which is ready to be launched and the rear engine room.

36033749340_b2347194e7_c.jpg

The below image is of the front of the spaceship, showing the six lasers and the two missile launchers with missiles ready to be launched and the three landing legs.

36033749650_d6e1a3529b_c.jpg

The model took one and halve weeks to build and 2 weeks to sort the parts I needed.

Awesome ship! Makes me want to stick all my Classic Space bricks in a pile and see what I can come up with. Don't think it would be that big though :-D

I was lucky to have a large Lego collection, not counting the 12 Lego Models I have built and on display, I have a bookshelf with 32 plastic boxes, each box is 8 inches long, 6 inches wide and 5 inches tall, I estimated I have 32,000 pieces of Lego. the spaceship empty 4 boxes which were refilled with more Lego I had in a cardboard box.

36794833800_e82d63351d_c.jpg

the second shelve from the bottom has Lego which is reserved for a Lego Titanic model I am planning to build.

Hi James! A really impressively-sized starship. Good to see the classic space fleet is growing strong.:classic: A shame I didn't see your post before.

There are a couple of things that don't quite work out though. Some of them are the same issues I ran into when I did a large (but not quite as large) classic space vessel by myself, which needs quite a serious overhaul too. So here are my thoughts:

Detailing:

There is a lot of blank blue and grey surfaces where the ship could use some detailing. Maybe some more elaborated detailing by using SNOT-technique (studs not on top): portholes, radiators, tiles for armor-plating and markings, random tech-stuff... like on the "roof" of she ship, which looks really neat.

Shaping:

The overall shape is also quite blocky, which relates to the issue of detailing. To me, it really wants a more smooth overall silhouette. Same for the engines. I would consider using technic-wheels, which work really well for that. Maybe an array of those per side? The landing is pretty blocky as well. I would also use technic-elements there. Maybe even make it retractable.

Colours:

The translucent neon-pieces sadly look quite out of place compared to the classic-space colour-scheme, which is mostly primary colours. Light blue for the ship robot and the interiors in general should work well with the established colours though.

I would also avoid having two colours for the floors. I think grey works just fine. Since the hangar is a dangerous area, maybe some hazard markings instead. 

Proportions:

The ratio between the fuselage of the ship itself and the grey "triangular" wing-plates is not ideal. It needs either a larger wing-area (which would requite to significantly increase the surface area), or reducing the footprint of the hull.

Crew:

I would also give the crew hair-pieces and individual faces (if they don't have them already). That really makes them come alive and gives so much character!

I hope you don't take my criticism too negatively. I know that builds of such dimensions are time-consuming and sometimes quite hard work. :wink: But I'm sure that if these issues are fixes, your ship will really stand out! There are a lot of amazing builds in this forum which offer tons of inspiration.:classic:

I had to use what I had in stock, as at the moment, I can't afford to buy any Lego, once I can, I will completely redesign her, including making the engine room and rear engines bigger, and adding more detail, but for the moment, I happy the way it has turned out, I am considering at a later date to completely redesign the spaceship if I have enough money, it may be a while as I have another Lego project which is currently on hold until I have all 10186 pieces in stock, plus a lot of of my available capital will be assigned to a Model Railway I am planning to build in the new year.