Current status:

800x450.jpg

8+N+R gearbox, D-N-R shifter, and the engine done. Also some color matchings and a little bit of interior

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone.

Today, I would like to introduce my new moc in progress (and the first to post here).

It's Mercedes AMG GT R. (in 1:8, with porsche wheels&Tires)

640x382.jpg

(From https://www.autoevolution.com/news/black-mercedes-amg-gt-r-does-insane-nurburgring-passes-110677.html)

I'm planning to make it in black, as 3x11 curved black panels are available now.

If amg gtr convertible model comes out, I want to try the convertible mechanism, too.

My current status is only up to the drivetrain (engine&gearbox)

800x450.jpg

And this is it. It's a 8 speed gearbox, with D-N-R which I built by myself.

At first, I was goint to use charbel's 8 speed gearbox, which is awesome, but soon found out that the gear ratios aren't realistic (the last gear is 45 times faster than the first gear.)

This gearbox is also combination of a common 4 speed gearbox and 2 speed gearbox, but different in the fact that the 2 speed gearbox is shifted every 90 degrees, and the 4speed gearbox is shifted every 180 degrees. And that resulted in a realitic gear ratio... in which the last gear is 6.25 times faster than the first gear.

The hardest part was the mechanism to make one shift in the 4 speed gearbox while the paddel shift (which is not built yet) is shifted twice.

The mechanism is here:

800x450.jpg

Here's the sifting video:

Under the chassis, you can see the D-N-R selector, which the gearstick to shift it is not built yet.

800x450.jpg

As I only have times on Sunday afternoons, the progress will be very slow, but I will finish it sometime, so don't be angry even if the progress is slow.

Comments are welcome, and advices are also welcome.

Thanks.

Oh, I missed some explanations on the gearbox.

The 4 speed gearbox is just the regular one, with 1:1 to 1:5, and the 2 speed gearbox is 1:1 to 1:1.25 which doesn't work yet as currently I don't have any chains.

The chains are also linked to reverse gear.

Edited by move5
wrote the scale and changed gtr into gt r

I would like to see the end result. So far it looks promising..

Gearbox idea is not bad at all, but keep in mind that Mercedes has only one reverse gear :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Gearbox idea is not bad at all, but keep in mind that Mercedes has only one reverse gear :thumbup:

Yeah the reverse gear is one independent gear:sweet:

and thanks @JDL1967

Edited by move5

1 hour ago, move5 said:

Yeah the reverse gear is one independent gear:sweet:

Clever :wink:

Mercedes AMG GTR does not exist, the car you are building is a Mercedes -Benz AMG GT, or there is a racing mod, called AMG GT R, not GTR like other manufactures :classic:

Edited by Aleh

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Mercedes AMG GTR does not exist, the car you are building is a Mercedes -Benz AMG GT, or there is a racing mod, called AMG GT R, not GTR like other manufactures :classic:

No, it exists, actually. It is also mention on the mercedes homepage. https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/passenger-cars/amg-gt/

FYI, the mercedes made 2018 amg gtr's first debut at 2016 goodwood festival of speed, and amg gtr black series & roadster is soon coming out.

So, the amg gt family members will be: amg gt, amg gt roadster, amg gtc roadster, amg gtc edition 50, amg gtr, amg gtr, amg gtr black series, amg gtr roadster.

Please leave comments if anything is wrong :sweet:

Edited by move5

@move5 At the homepage you placed car called Mercedes AMG GT R (there is a space between GT and R letters).

Please do not confuse with the classic CLK GTR. 

For me as for Merdedes fan this is important.

BTW would you be so kind to think about build the monstrous The Black Series Editiion? :wub:

I will look through the topic carefully aftrwork today. 

and you forgot about amg gt4 :grin:

Edited by Aleh

@Aleh I'm so sorry for mis-reading your comment. I didn't see that you said it is gt r not gtr. I didn't notice I wasn't using a correct name at all until now!

Thanks for your correction, and I will change them asap.

6 hours ago, Aleh said:

and you forgot about amg gt4 :grin:

Yes I did! Thanks!

6 hours ago, Aleh said:

BTW would you be so kind to think about build the monstrous The Black Series Editiion? :wub:

Yes, as soon as it appears officially, I'll then consider changing it into the black series or even the roadster model.

Thanks again for your comment :tongue:

57 minutes ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

You both forgot the amg Gt3 ;) Be complete if you mention race cars....

True. As for the GT S 

@AkiyamaWataru No, it's not a geneva mechanism. (I guess so)

It's just making a 90°turn by rotating a liftarm (in larger radius) with a pin around the technic knob wheel.

Or is it? I'm not very familiar with geneva mechanism, so maybe it is different from what I saw in a video on it, but still a geneva mech?

Edited by move5

A little progress yesterday... (some color-matching, some interior, d-n-r shifter, a new fake engine)

First of all, I changed the original fake engine into a smaller one, for shortening the chassis, and finally the inteior and D-N-R shifter is in the right place:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Some color-matching (or what should I call it?)- interior and exterior will be all in black, and any place else will be in LBG.

And rearrangement done on the parts around the gearbox.

Lastly the D-N-R shifter:

Next, I'm going to work on the paddle shift, which I have an idea about. 

@IA creations it is similar, though there's difference in the fact that he used technic cams, while I used simple 1x2 liftarms.

Edited by move5

@LvdH You are right, in the video it takes a lot of force, however, the force that I took was for keeping the liftarm behind the selector in the right place, not the selector itself. It will be okay if I add some reinforcements after on behind it. If it still takes a lot of force with aome reinforcements, I will change it to a smoother one. Thanks :sweet: