cimddwc

[MOC] Noppe & Co. Brick Store (facade)

Hello everyone,

even the biggest basement room's space is limited - more limited than what I'd like for all the houses I want to build, so I'm building some as facades only. And I don't need that many bricks. :) 

Here's the first facade for this wall, the long-established brick dealer Noppe & Co.:
36286110001_061394556f_c.jpg

(Note that "Noppe" is also the common German word for a Lego stud.)

36422800435_d659a9f77e_n.jpg35615139273_9afca7ebf0_n.jpg

They primarily sell what we know as 1x2 bricks, also in variations:
36026158120_1f8f9b105a_c.jpg
The shop window currently displays sand-blue grille bricks, fancy glitter bricks and cheap remaining stock.

Office on the second floor, apartment above. I only built those interior parts that are visible through the windows:
35615138153_442d4432e0_c.jpg

At its final place - with space for several more facades:

35615137093_fc727e79d3_c.jpg
(I should add some decorations to the sidewalk on this traffic-calmed paved one-way road...)

Great building as always. I really like the color scheme. Those sand red tiles are very rare and they stand out nicely. Although I prefer complete buildings, it's smart to make them smaller to save space and bricks for others. Well done.

Mmmhhh sand red. ;-)

Looks great and very well balanced. A great example that one doesn't need crazy techniques to create a nice looking facade. I like the idea of using grill bricks as window blinds.

Really love this, I adore sand red but the colour aside the building style works really well. It's nice to see a building on a slope as well, baseplates really tend to stifle this kind detail. Love the crispy/burnt white 1×2 in the window too.

That said, I do think this could be improved by replacing the palisade bricks beside the leftmost windows with more sand red bricks:

qCI3HVN.jpg

I know how expensive they are but I think it would break up the grey.

Brilliant as usual :classic:
Not sure if that's intentional, but teh tile with the number 10 over the archway is upside down!

...I'd love to use some Sand Red in a build, but the price all the useful pieces command is just plain ridiculous :sceptic:

Thanks, everyone!

Well, yes, sand red around the windows on the left would look quite good, even though the sand red directly touches the windows (unlike on the right). But I only had 50 sand red 1x2 bricks available, bought for a decent price some time ago, and didn't want to buy more...

Upside down 10: oops, no, that wasn't intentional.

2 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

...I'd love to use some Sand Red in a build, but the price all the useful pieces command is just plain ridiculous :sceptic:

I think for one build/facade it doesn't hurt that much, especially when building 16wide (thats what I did). You only need like 30-40 bricks so about 50€, which is expensive but if you put it into relation to a complete model which can easily hit the 400€ mark it doesnt hurt that much anymore because the color is so damn beautiful. :)

C'mon TLG, bring it back for the next modular...

Lovely detailed facade! Very realistic looking. Like taken directly from a real-life town and shrunken into lego-size. I also really like the name and theme of the store :laugh:

Good call with only building facades. Much easier not having to think about support structure etc. I like it very much, I'd love some sand red. As said I hope a modular in the future can provide us with some! I look forward to see more of your work in a bigger scene. Well done!