Sign in to follow this  
badchriss

[MOC] Lego City Future - Hovercab

Lego City Future - Hovercab
------------------------------------

Inspired by the amazing Shapes of Gerald Riedmann`s Work i designed another neat little Hovercar for my "Lego City Future" Scenario.
This Taxi Van was build for tight urban Landscapes.Large Doors ensure the easy Entrance of Passengers on both Sides and the Taxi can be piloted by a biological Humanoid and a Droid.
The Roof shows a bit of Advertising and the rear End houses the powerful Antigrav Engine.
This Model was quite fun to build,even if it has some minor Kinks.The dark green Roofs were actually just used until some black or yellow Parts can be found but after a while i really started to like the Color Combination of yellow,black and dark green.
Hope you like this new MOC,Comments are always welcome.

@badchriss I like it. The design itself could use a retouch, mostly because it is rather cramped inside, but it seems a lot like something TLG would make. My favorite part, though, is the theme, because I think City Future could easily be a LEGO franchise, and that makes this little hovercar very special. I like also how you know how it works, by which I mean you have built the story for it that works, and makes the model itself very interesting. The advertising board on the roof is also a very nice touch. I like the colors quite a bit as well, it seems like the kind of thin that might be in The Fifth Element or something of that genre. Nicely done, Chris!

You can visit my Flickr account here!

I like it, it gives me the impression that it was someone's everyday van and they converted it into a taxi.

Things I would change though:

•The two black [1x2 grill slopes] on the nose; maybe change them to a [2x2 yellow tile]. I think the slopes look weird against the round body, the tile would look more natural.

•The four grey [1x2 grill slopes] over the rear engine; change them to yellow. Using yellow grills would make it look like the engine is recessed into the body (giving it more depth) with vents there, instead of like a solid wall of engine parts.

•I agree with Kev that the blue slopes need a change, maybe just make them a [1x4 tile]? I'm guessing you need that there to keep the door from pushing in too far.

Also, what's that pink horned creature on the roof from? I remember seeing stuffed toys of that at SDCC a few years ago but forgot to come back to the booth

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

I got bored so I tweaked your model. It reminds me of the old Ninja Turtle van :p

Rear window slit is one plate taller, streamlined the body a little, black tiles inside keep the doors from folding in, but the most notable thing I added is sliding step bars.

I don't know how stable it is but it looks okay lol

20gaemG.jpg

Y2Abivf.jpg

Here's the Studio file if you want to tinker with it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yx3lhaq3ii81385/VAN.io

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

On 7.8.2017 at 8:03 AM, Kevin Yoo said:

Great work. I think of the smaller size of the interior as a compromise to keep the vehicle in a 6-wide scale. I like the design, the lettering on the top gives it a Blade Runner-like feel. The only critique I have is to replace the blue 2x1 double cheese slope pieces with tiles so the minifigs can get out of the car more easily.

Yes you are right,i tried to keep it in 6 wide so it still would fit most Lego City Sets and to stay in the Lore.Of course it`s a bit cramped in there but i wanna see Lego pull of a 6Wide Car with Room for 3 Minifigs :D

On 6.8.2017 at 11:28 PM, XBrickmonster said:

@badchriss I like it. The design itself could use a retouch, mostly because it is rather cramped inside, but it seems a lot like something TLG would make. My favorite part, though, is the theme, because I think City Future could easily be a LEGO franchise, and that makes this little hovercar very special. I like also how you know how it works, by which I mean you have built the story for it that works, and makes the model itself very interesting. The advertising board on the roof is also a very nice touch. I like the colors quite a bit as well, it seems like the kind of thin that might be in The Fifth Element or something of that genre. Nicely done, Chris!

You can visit my Flickr account here!

Yeah,i might modify it a little bit.It would be really cool if Lego would do such a Series,it could be something like Space Police meets Lego City.I mean Cars and all that are cool,but who doesn`t wish real Hovercars would exist....

On 13.8.2017 at 0:18 AM, Henchmen4Hire said:

I got bored so I tweaked your model. It reminds me of the old Ninja Turtle van :p

Rear window slit is one plate taller, streamlined the body a little, black tiles inside keep the doors from folding in, but the most notable thing I added is sliding step bars.

I don't know how stable it is but it looks okay lol

20gaemG.jpg

Y2Abivf.jpg

Here's the Studio file if you want to tinker with it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yx3lhaq3ii81385/VAN.io

Wow,i have to say,those are some really cool Modifications,and those Stoops are a mighty fine and clever Idea.Call me crazy but they look like they can be pulled out a bit for easier getting in and out.Also love what you have done with the rear End.

You`re right about the Color Combination,it really looks a bit like a modern Turtles Party Bus,doesn`t it?

On 13.8.2017 at 2:45 PM, roadstermatt said:

https://twilightswarden.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/3-03-gridlock-killcolor-4.jpg

I do like this it kinda reminds me shape wise of the vehicles in the Grid lock episode of Dr Who with David Tennant

Dang,how could this get past me?Now that you mention it,it really looks damn close to those black Hover Vans.Maybe i will modify the Design a bit and build a Gridlock Van.It is on my To Do List for Ages now....btw,huge Doctor Who Fan here :D

Very happy to see that so many People like this Design,thanks a lot for the Comments and Ideas on how to improve the Design.

BTW,those green Roofs are both from the 7930 Star Wars Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship.I think they shape the left Door or Access Hatch.