Hi, 

This is not a model of Ford Mustang, or any real derivate of this iconic car, although I can't deny, that I was 'slightly' inspired by it. :blush: 
I started with chassis that had to be similar to my Rallycar;

I added simple gearbox, steering, independent suspension, forgot to add the HOG system, and then started the body. I am not satisfied with this build, because the only working thing are door handles and locks. They work fine. Other mechanisms don't. 
The main problem is the drivetrain - the gears in gearbox are not in right order, and shifter is really tricky to manipulate right. Missing HOG and extremely weak rear suspension also do not add playability to the model.
However, the body does not look so bad, in my opinion, but the whole rear section could have been two studs higher.
So, enjoy, if you want, and do not try to persuade me that it is good model :devil: :wink:

35574780804_3f80b55948_z.jpgNot a 'Stang by Horcik Designs, on Flickr
35574788194_83d68f1927_z.jpgNot a 'Stang by Horcik Designs, on Flickr
35602235473_efabc2989c_z.jpgNot a 'Stang by Horcik Designs, on Flickr
36364977096_58aac22807_z.jpgNot a 'Stang by Horcik Designs, on Flickr
36273399831_8b15a58ec6_z.jpgNot a 'Stang by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

Question: 
Who knows where I used Photoshop instead of Bricklink? :devil: 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

13 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Question: 

The rims. They don't make them in black.

Cool model, I like the blue, black, and white color scheme. I don't think you have to raise the back that much, but instead change the roofline to make it a bit lower. Other than that it's visually pleasing. Sorry about it not working right, I know that can be very annoying.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

You're partially right, @Offroadcreat1ons. Unfortunatelly not, because the rims are painted physically. The photoshopped part does exist in colour that is present in the pictures, but I have not it in my collection, because it has only appeared in one set so far.

Looks a tad weird having the front sides with gaps and completely enclosed rear. I like the rear part , however the curved panels imho are out of place with a flat hood. Is the edited ("photoshopped" as nowadays ppl say) part the 3mm rigid hose on the front ? It's color is inconsistent through the photos. Btw , why so much noise on the photos?

Edited by Xewyz2001

It still looks sick ! You photoshoped the 19L blue flex-axles ? They only apeared in the blue wasp set I think.

I'll bet it is the steering wheel.......Eglor's Twin Bike  dark azure blue. okay not so rare!!

Edited by AFOLegofan66

No, no, no, the steering wheel is real. :tongue: (it is realatively new part, that I missed, but crucial for this MOC)
The rigid hose and 19L flex axle are both very close to the edited part (it really sounds and looks much better than 'PSed'), so it might get some 'treatment' too.

@Xewyz2001 - I did not say, that it should be model of existing 'Stang. Some parts of the MOC are just inspired, or strongly associating this car.

Nice, the blue looks great! :sweet:

11 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Question: 

I have 4 guesses:

• The tail lights - they look very grainy
  • The thing that holds the hood open - I can't tell if it's white or yellow
  • The 3mm rigid hose above the front wheel - part of it is grey in one photo
  • The 3x13 curved panel - it is made in blue, but the color looks off in some photos...
Edited by mocbuild101

Well done! I love it!:wub:

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I have 4 guesses

Tail lights were brightened up, because they were too dark in the photo. Hood-support bar is yellow, but accidentally desaturated (the same thing happened to the 3mm rigid hose).
And the right answer are the panels. I have them only in green, and I did not want to buy them just because one (slightly bad IMO) MOC.

Thank you all very much, I am really glad you like it. I think that I will give the 'stang project more care in the future.

4 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

And the right answer are the panels.

Yay! :laugh: And great work with that editing - you can barely notice it!

Now that mystery is solved, we can get back to commenting about the MOC itself...

11 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I'll bet it is the steering wheel.......Eglor's Twin Bike  dark azure blue. very rare!!

Not very... I find them all the time and only bothered to buy one. 

Very nice looking model! Would be nice to have on display!

Well done, it looks more like some inspiration based on Mustang for Mad Max theme / movie...

Nice model. I'm not convinved about the steering wheel. what set is it from?

H

Thank you very much :)

@TechnicRCRacer  Maybe after fixing current bugs (and buying blue panels :D )

@Meatman That hoses are also another reason why I do not like the current state of the car very much. Thanks :)

@I_Igor  As I said, it is only inspired by some of the Mustang's most iconic shapes. I have not used any reference picture, nor a blueprint when I've been building. MadMax style is not my cup of coffee, but I see your point. 

@Horace T Here is your answer:

13 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Eglor's Twin Bike  dark azure blue. very rare!!