FortNerd

Elves MOC - Farran's grotto house

Would you believe it all started with the tree stump? (And the tree stump started with the new printed piece in Snow White set) I thought the house would have more space than it ended up having... the upper floor has less space than it looks to, because of the entrance hole over the ladder. I could only fit a tiny kitchen in there, AND I had to put the bed in the balcony, which makes no sense, but if LEGO designers did it in Rosalyn set then I'm allowed to do it....

http://imgur.com/a/TozWa

Edited by FortNerd

@FortNerd

This is a pretty cool little MOC. I can't really critique it too well, because builds look quite different in LDD form than real, brick built form. It looks a lot like a legitimate set from TLG, which is interesting. I can imagine this vividly as a set in a store, which is good if that's what you are going for. It seems to have lots of nice play features, but if I had made this, I might have focused a little more on the look. I think it seems like a fun little build, nice job!

My FLICKR!

Looks very plausible as a set to me. The level of detail, the building techniques used, and the color choices all feel very "real Lego set".

I like when a house opens this way :) I want to try such kind of building once too. And treetrunk is really cool!

Thanks everyone! <3 I made some changes to the roof, and placed the bed and a night lamp in there, so I'm much happier with that now.