Today, I would like to share my first creation on Eurobricks with you all. A model of a giant towbarless Pushback Tug. To be exact, the Goldhofer AST-1X 1360.

The real vehicle can lift up the front landing gear of the biggest aircrafts.

35531124344_3eb4260dd3_c.jpg

I tryed to build all the functions, how they are build in the real Goldhofer, especially with the rear steering.

The model has 8 RC functions:
- Front wheel drive (XL Motor)
- Front wheel steering (M Motor)
- Rear wheel steering (2x M Motor) -- I had to decide, whether I would like to have crab steering or steering with different wheel angles to allow smooth driving. In the end I've chosen the second option, because crab steering is still kind of possible.
- Raise cabin (M Motor)
- Pneumatic pump (L Motor)
- Raise landing gear (L Motor)
- Close lid (M Motor)
- Fix landing gear (M Motor)

Unfortunately, the model has some flaws. The cabin is lifted in a weird way, because of the battery box under it and I struggled with the lifting section. I had to use really strong clutch gears and worn out valves, and even with that, the valves didn't switch always. Also I had a problem with one of the pneumatic cylinders, the reason why I used two pumps. As a result I had to glue two 2L axle between the pumps to the red 1x2 thin liftarms because of the vibration. I was sick of searching for another solution :sceptic:.

35970070720_7ec97f82fe_c.jpg

35558559673_59bcc86ae6_c.jpg

35558563613_71e508dac5_c.jpg

36230144261_cd3c0da25b_c.jpg

35558561043_99097d2a0a_c.jpg

36329008066_7d73d22b07_c.jpg

Here is a quick render, made with LDD and Bluerender.

36007413540_e84cf02446_c.jpg

Images with higher resolution on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151347462@N05/albums/with/72157684495359644

I already took the model apart, but l would still love to hear your opinion, some tips or criticism. Maybe I'll give that model another go in the future.

Edited by Uranox

It looks awsome! The pictures are good, and it looks to work ok.

Edited by Aventador2004

Good model for first entry here.

Wellcome to Eurobricks :classic:

By my calculations this is some 1:22 model? Real AST 1X has 17.5-25 tires (1375mm in diameter)

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Video please.

You can find the video at the bottom of the post.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

By my calculations this is some 1:22 model? Real AST 1X has 17.5-25 tires (1375mm in diameter)

I had no firm scale, but you are correct, that it is about 1:22. Even if it is one stud too long.

Thanks for your comments.

54 minutes ago, Uranox said:

You can find the video at the bottom of the post.

Sorry, I missed that. The stickers are very good also.

Am I missing something here? *huh*

I mean, these are not the same models.... but we just had the EXACT same model posted earlier this week by a different user:

And the music in the youtube videos is even the same.  I mean, the models are different, several similarities but definitely different.  How is this possible?  Was there some collaboration on the projects?  Don't get me wrong, I think both are great but the probabilities for both exact same models (which we never even see anyways) in the same week with the same music in the videos is just too weird.....

33 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I mean, these are not the same models.... but we just had the EXACT same model posted earlier this week by a different user:

And the music in the youtube videos is even the same.  I mean, the models are different, several similarities but definitely different.  How is this possible?  Was there some collaboration on the projects?  Don't get me wrong, I think both are great but the probabilities for both exact same models (which we never even see anyways) in the same week with the same music in the videos is just too weird.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking wtf

14 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

This is pure coincidence :laugh:

I saw @Uranox video on Youtube only few hours after posting mine on youtube/eurobrick. We just had the same idée in the same time.

In fact this is not the first time it happen. My previous MOC was a catering truck, posted on Youtube on July 5th, few days later @BrickbyBrickTechnic was releasing his own :thumbup:

Now I'm pretty curious, will my next have a doppelgänger too? (it will probably be not another airport vehicule)

Edited by Superkoala

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

How is this possible?  Was there some collaboration on the projects?

This was actually all pure coincidence, how Superkoala said, also the music in the video. I couldn't believe it myself at first *huh*. So there was no collaboration.

I started designing my model in late 2015 and had it finished for quite some time.

I guess, I should have mentioned that.

4 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I did not intend to "doppelgang" your MOC- our catering trucks are quite different.

Agree.

By the way, those are are really specific vehicle, and quite rare in lego (technic) so it's good to see other variant from other builder.

IMHO it is apsolutely OK that each model have each own topic. Both models are nice :thumbup: