Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

The Battle of Maerwynn Creek

For many years the forces of Arbenheim have tested their neighboring kings power by pillaging border villages. In an attempt protect his people the king ordered small encampments around the borders. One location was the homestead of Maerwynn, an important location as it was host to one of the few mills in the area. The kings intuition had been right, for only a fortnight later did the horns of Arbenheim sound in the village of Maerwynn. 

36169852541_c187f3cae9_z.jpg

36169859341_7a0cfdc8e6_z.jpg

36136710642_71c144c716_z.jpg

A collaboration between SirWilsonBricks( https://www.flickr.com/photos/133117612@N02/ ) and myself for the CBS 2017. His is the left, my side is on the right.

Hay, after me finally finishing editing (which is a bit sloppy in places) here it is :D This was our main build for the show and it is the biggest build to date for both of us. It was great fun planning, skyping,  planning, bricklinking, more planning and finally building this whoppa. If I could change a couple things I probably would (namely the ground texturing on my side) but it still came out looking incredible. The reception we got at the CBS was also great, with loads of people loving. I must say though, I may have stared a kid to death after he said "Hey mum, look NEXO KNIGHTS"

Speaking of the CBS, it was a real blast and getting to know people better, meeting new people was awesome :) and of course seeing new creations (cough David Hense... Cough) Cannot wait to next year to see everyone again.

Another creation on the way and hope you enjoy, C&C always wanted.

Edited by The Maestro

Looks great guys.  nice job on the texturing.  The houses are neat and I really like your windmill.  I like the house on fire and the minifigs battling.  Overall well done.  

Awesome, TM! I always love collabs, and this is no exception :wub: all the details are great, as is the landscaping. All the minifigs are lovely, and you posed them very well. A last remark goes to the small tent with the red-yellow cross, which is just yummy :drool: Keep it up!

Oh My... Great battle scene ! Excellently done !

My favourite part is the camp with those spikes and this great tent. I will probably get 'inspired' by this design to build tent in the future !

Excellent job !

I can't believe this was you, TM, as that windmill was clearly built for 360-degree viewing...

But great posing, excellent use of landscape and form. My one real complaint is the lack of close-up detail pics, but perhaps the grass is also a bit too uniformly green for my taste. Other than that, I love this. 

On 8/7/2017 at 0:09 PM, zoth33 said:

Looks great guys.  nice job on the texturing.  The houses are neat and I really like your windmill.  I like the house on fire and the minifigs battling.  Overall well done.  

Thank you Zoth

On 8/12/2017 at 0:43 AM, TitusV said:

Awesome, TM! I always love collabs, and this is no exception :wub: all the details are great, as is the landscaping. All the minifigs are lovely, and you posed them very well. A last remark goes to the small tent with the red-yellow cross, which is just yummy :drool: Keep it up!

Thanks Titus, although I am useless at posing, it was Sirwilsonbricks that did it all :p

On 8/14/2017 at 11:50 PM, Faladrin said:

Oh My... Great battle scene ! Excellently done !

My favourite part is the camp with those spikes and this great tent. I will probably get 'inspired' by this design to build tent in the future !

Excellent job !

Thank you Faladrin, I cannot wait to see what you cook up

10 hours ago, de Gothia said:

More battle scenes in Historica! Great sense of action and of course details!!!

Thanks De Gothia :classic:

10 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I can't believe this was you, TM, as that windmill was clearly built for 360-degree viewing...

But great posing, excellent use of landscape and form. My one real complaint is the lack of close-up detail pics, but perhaps the grass is also a bit too uniformly green for my taste. Other than that, I love this. 

Ha, I suprise even myself sometimes Henjin

We were planning on including patches of dk green among the normal green but unfourtuantly we forgot. We are planning another collab next year (with even more collaborators :thumbup:) and I hope to include patches of sand green or such to break it up.

As for photos:

35447709383_8956a52739_z.jpgWindmill detail by Jed  Cameron, on Flickr

35447707053_ccec72d6d1_z.jpgVillage detail by Jed  Cameron, on Flickr

Edited by The Maestro

Tremendous collaborative battle scene! The landscape is quite good: in particular the various slopes, and river/swampy area impressed me :wub: Beautifully detailed buildings as well, their small size helps the build look appropriately large :thumbup:

Beautiful collab man, I really like the windmill and the tent there!