Here is an updated post.

I put the original post in this spoiler.

Spoiler

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to finally share my new MOC, the Invictus V12 Supercar.

800x450.jpg

It all started when I saw a picture of the new Lamborghini Aventador. I instantly knew I wanted to build one. So I began by finding blueprints and finding all the lengths for the scale. I layed out a frame made of beams, and I then built the chassis using the size of the body. Once the chassis was completed, I started the body. As it progressed, I knew it wouldn't be the Lambo I originally imagined. So I threw the plan away. (Funny how that seems to happen all the time.) I continued working until I got the final product you see now. This all happened over the course of less than 2 weeks.

I had been wanting to use this combo of 42039 tires in the front and Tumbler Tires in the back for a while.
I used the bucket found in the 42043 and 42053 because I had known for a long time it would make a cool intake.
Another thing, there are 2 main cons to this car: the bodywork is fragile in some places because of the angles, and sometimes the front wheels rub on part of the arches.

Features:

A modified version of @Sariel's 4-speed gearbox
a V12 engine
aggressive bodywork
independent suspension
rollcage
HoG steering

And of course,

800x600.jpg

Gullwing doors!

I knew I wanted these even before I started the chassis.

More photos at Bricksafe.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x450.jpg800x416.jpg800x450.jpg

Tell me what you think! Is it an improvement over my Sinner Supercar?

Video!

And some actually good pics:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x600.jpg

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
Added video and new pics.

IMO, it is an improvement. I like the aggressive styling, and the front lights! :thumbup: However, the way the front is designed, or maybe just from the angle of the photos, the front tires look way too big, especially with how far they stick out from the fenders. It is fine for the Tumber tires because they are meant to be rather wide, but I think maybe 42000 tires in the front would be better, as they are the same diameter, but not quite so wide.

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
spelling error

4 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I think maybe 42000 tires in the front would be better, as they are the same diameter, but not quite so wide.

They are the same width, but with bigger diameter, higher.

Not awesome,  but really good car. I would try to fill more the front part, I don't like such a big holes.

Just now, Jurss said:

They are the same width, but with bigger diameter, higher.

My mistake! I meant these tires, which look identical. I didn't pay attention to the numbers noting width and diameter... :blush:

I love it! The front and rear are great.

Edited by Aventador2004

Great looking car! Personally I like a bit of space in the bodywork. I'm not a fan of closing everything up. It's nice to see the mechanics. The overall shape is very pleasant to my eyes!  :thumbup:

Looks very good and sleek, especially side and rear end. Has a feel of speed to it. Front looks a little 'boxy', but maybe its just because of the wheels protruding outside the wheelarches... Might look better if you where able to lower the bonnet a little, like 1 stud. Nice to see an original color on the seats, yellow is not often used there:thumbup:. And that clamshell bucket used as roofscoop, brilliant!!!

I'm impressed. This looks pretty good. I like the stance of the car, and the super wide rear. The front wheels are not too wide, but a little more coverage by the body work would serve you well. I like the short rear overhang, and the body work on the rear. Also, the air scoop on top is a great part use.

• Nicely done! I agree with some, filling a few bigger gaps might clean up the body work. Great work overall! :wub:

Thanks everyone so much for all your kind words! :classic:

8 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

It would look better if the front was filled in

14 hours ago, Jurss said:

I would try to fill more the front part, I don't like such a big holes.

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

a little more coverage by the body work would serve you well

4 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

filling a few bigger gaps might clean up the body work

Ok, how's this for the hood? I angled the pieces to make it like an air intake.
800x600.jpg

6 hours ago, Oliver 79 said:

Personally I like a bit of space in the bodywork.

I agree, this is why there are holes. I like to try to make MOCs that have the overall shape of the real thing by modeling the most important areas, and having spaces elsewhere.

14 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I meant these tires

I appreciate the input, but I doubt I will try this, since A) I don't have them and don't really feel like getting them now and B) I would have to redesign the suspension since it relies on the 3 pinholes in the rims, which those rims don't have. I may change my mind though. I'm entering this in a competition and I have to keep it assembled if I win to prove I'm the winner. There's a long time I must keep it built so my mind could change.

10 hours ago, LvdH said:

The shape somewhat looks like a Veyron. 

I didn't notice this, but you're right.

6 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

And that clamshell bucket used as roofscoop, brilliant!!!

6 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Also, the air scoop on top is a great part use.

Thanks you two!

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

This looks better. On the other hand, I should have been more specific: the area right under the headlights should be filled. They look like they are floating right now.

5 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Thanks everyone so much for all your kind words! :classic:

Much better :classic: 

13 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Much better :classic: 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

This looks better. On the other hand, I should have been more specific: the area right under the headlights should be filled. They look like they are floating right now.

Ok, I think this looks pretty good.

800x600.jpg

On 8/5/2017 at 3:10 AM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I like to try to make MOCs that have the overall shape of the real thing by modeling the most important areas, and having spaces elsewhere.

I think the best technic MOC's I have seen take this form. :thumbup:

20 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

I think the best technic MOC's I have seen take this form. :thumbup:

Agreed. (I'm talking about other MOCs, not trying to brag about mine:wink:)

@Aventador2004

Thanks! Sadly this is true, but something I hope to improve upon in my next MOC.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

16 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

@Aventador2004

Thanks! Sadly this is true, but something I hope to improve upon in my next MOC.

I'm not perfect either, so don't get me wrong, I like it, Just wish there were better body panels.