Might look great next to the 42038 b model like how JunkstyleGio showed. I'm still waiting till it gets cheaper to buy it. Don't have enough money to pend on it.

I'm trying to replace the dials for the functions with motors. In LDD I've added 4 wheel steering but I think the rear bottom 5 x 11 frame has to get removed.

The two links with ball joints are 1L further back on the rear than the two on the front.

I also added a red 4L centre diff. I'll post the lxf shortly if anyone is interested. I don't know how strong it will be yet however. I have not even finished building the real model (unmodded).

Who likes portal axles?:

640x333.jpg640x333.jpg

It has an overall clearance of 5.5 studs using these tires, and might be 6 studs with Xerion ones, i have also started to make the rear platform:

640x333.jpg

The previous axle design still fits for a more "conservative" style:

640x333.jpg

Hi Guys, the low budget Rc Version is done. -> lxf

36688313755_a24f3f2a4e_c.jpg

edit: next on stage the Quadrohorse

36647063646_6138d8ccff_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

On 21.8.2017 at 1:17 AM, Aventador2004 said:

Is that skid steered?

No, steering is included

which door would you prefer?

36843870995_6ccc2e5f8d_c.jpg

I'd like to share my second 42069 RC mod. It's called 42069 Superleggera, as the aim was to streamline the body and remove all non-vital components, while adding 4 buggy motors and 2 BuWizz units for maximum speed :) The vehicle became a single seater tracked pickup, and it's pretty fast for the size. It's fairly sturdy too, you can see it in action in the video:

Hi all,

As well as TC12 (now abandoned for me) I’d been working on this too. I’ve got the official set still to build but I also wanted to build a wheeled variant using the Claas tyres but on black wheels.

She’s not complete, you’ll notice lights etc aren’t done and there’s some random colours in places ... and significantly I’ve just ripped the track mechs off and the wheels are held on by good intentions only!

I’ll pick this up along with the Bumper Car (to be reimagined post TC12) after my holiday (off for 2 weeks) in the mean time enjoy ... ps I think orange body and black bonnet and roof is the plan

Initial build almost complete

I am thinking about getting this set. I have very little experience with Technic, so probably a stupid question. Can I just replace the v8 engine with a XL motor to drive all 4 tracks with a servo motor for steering? 

40 minutes ago, wgemini said:

I am thinking about getting this set. I have very little experience with Technic, so probably a stupid question. Can I just replace the v8 engine with a XL motor to drive all 4 tracks with a servo motor for steering? 

Yes, there is plenty of space under the hood of this set to place one XL or 2 L's, and the servo can go in the middle of the chassis between the seats.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make the tracks spin a bit better because my one it just slids and doesn’t role. 

52 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make the tracks spin a bit better because my one it just slids and doesn’t role. 

Hi Jim, welcome to Eurobricks, did you add the small rubber pieces to the chain links?, if they are already added and you still have not enough traction you could try to buy some more and add them, or place some rubber bands on them, i think i saw a video some time ago about how to put rubber bands for big tracked models, i will see if i can find it for you.

12 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Are they spinning freely when you're spinning them by hand? Resistance in the drivetrain might also hinder the free movement of your tracks.

hi all,

I finally got round to modding the set in real life so that it has 4 track steering and soft shocks all round. I basically just copied the entire front unit again and put it where the rear unit would go.

I ran out of yellow cross blocks and DBG 3x5 liftarms thin so just used alternate colors. I decided to remove the red 4L centre diff from my original mod idea mainly because it it means there is reduced torque and one wheel already stalls if there is even the slightesy amout of friction.

I did manage to bodge a steering mode selector like in the claas xerion tractor as well as the wishbones attached to the exaust pipes.

The rear tracks might catch against the bodywork but it is too flimsy to properly text yet. (hence the bodge job).

I later want to motorise the drive, steering, whinch, doors, and roof later on. I might just put a motor per track like efferman did.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Regards, snipe

Edited by SNIPE

I really like what you've done here, pretty cool idea. I do think it would look better though if the rear tracks were set back a little further, like two studs maybe. Might just be the camera angle, just doesn't look quite right to me. 

Look forward to seeing it motorized too, good job so far. 

I have yet to mod mine yet, even though I have used some parts of it in other projects. May be soon though, lot of great ideas in this thread. 

Actually still want to build the B model as well, something I normally don't do. 

16 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Wow, that is awesome! How is steering mode switched?

There is just a set of bevel gears which invert the rotation one one half of the steering shaft. The bevel gears are inbetween a clutch and clutch gears. I'll add photos of this soon.

Here is my second update, I think using wheel axles made out of motors is a good move because:

It is super strong and compact since the 3 motors are crammed together.

It allows for much more torque and less axle stress on the steering and the drive.

It allows for both the same three steeirng modes as what the class xeron tractor has, as well as the ability ti just use rear wheel steering AND lao to have skid steering.

It takes up less parts and space than the stock axle so I can have bigger/doubled up shock absorbers.and more suspention travel.

here is the first prototype: there will be another one of these fpr the front unit controlled by 1 or 2 buwizz's

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by SNIPE

I'm gonna dig out this topic a bit as i have start doing proper suspension version. Maybe someone gonna use the concept to make it something better.

34984509_2011172022228827_5023915154136335142882_2011172182228811_6062619064432334984228_2011172202228809_8430569959330934984980_2011172612228768_79951860794036

Hey Irekk, 
I like your MOD a lot!
could you please share instruction on the wheels? Especially the front wheels. I'm trying to figure it out, how to put them on, but I don't want to be the wheels just on 1 axle.
I would like to put the wheels to the 3-pin part.

thanks

lego_wheel_bearing_with_three_pins__92909__lego-dark-stone-gray-wheel-bearing-with-three-pins-92909-30-514223-50.jpg