Hello everyone, as i didn't see any Mods topic for this set, i decided to start it myself, and to start, i would like to share with you the LDD file for the official set (not sure if there was one already), there are some parts missing and some pieces are not fully connected (could i have used developer mode to solve this? yes, but for some reason i decided just to place apart the pieces i couldn't fit in), here is the model:

Missing parts:

-x4 24118 Panels in Dark Purple (Brick-built and grouped in the model)
-x11 6167281 (I didn't add any substitute) 
-x1 6187734 (The rope)

1280x668.jpg

LDD file:http://bricksafe.com/files/imanol/42069/42069.lxf

And next is my modifications for this set so far, the first thing that i wanted to do was to put wheels and tires, and because this is an snow-themed set, i decided to put tumbler tires, and i knew that these tires didn't look good in those very wide axles, with these tires the vehicle would look silly, but after narrowing the axle a little bit, i think it is looking like an authentic snow expedition vehicle (it even looks like an JLTV from the sides), i also changed some colors, but is just a test (the model is still WIP):

The goal is XL-Motor for drive, Servo Motor for steering and M or L-Motor for the winch (and possibly some lights):

1280x668.jpg

640x334.jpg640x334.jpg

I hope you like it, i will try to make more improvements, and i am looking forward to see more modifications by any other member, have happy modding.

Very nice work on the LDD file.

Here a quick (only 40 min) render of your work.

36363166775_d6a9fa3e8f_c.jpg

From the first time i finished this model i had the idea of making it in a different color.

How about orange/DBG?

36363166945_e679b9988e_c.jpg

Edited by JunkstyleGio
Added picture.

Started working on an orange one with a light grey Chassis.

I actually broke open my unopened Porsche box to start raiding the orange parts.

Ive got the official set too so I'll do some side by side shots at some point.

the orange one will be on wheels

42069 MOD - stage 1

changed to using Flickr :)

Edited by Seasider

I have realized that the orange color fits nicely with this set, i made some more modifications and gave it a similar style to the 9398, and i think it looks very cool like that:

1280x668.jpg

And this is just a weird idea which was in my mind, i may try it later:

800x418.jpg

Here a side by side comparison between the original and the orange wheel version36366025285_93145879a6_b.jpg

And here is a side by side comparion of the 42038 b wheeled and the 42069 orange/dbg version.

36239675761_12a41555f0_o.png

Edited by JunkstyleGio

On 4-8-2017 at 8:23 AM, JunkstyleGio said:

How about orange/DBG?

36363166945_e679b9988e_c.jpg

Sexy!! :wub:

@JunkstyleGio Aah right. I thought they weren't the same size, but I wasn't sure which way round. Thanks for the image though.

@Imanol BB That double-wheeled version looks interesting, but I feel it could do with having the body extended somewhat to make it feel more balanced.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Sexy!! :wub:

You heard the moderators, no quoting pictures.... :laugh:

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

He's above the moderator, thus, above the laws :grin:

Where is @Milan? That would be fun to see the moderator become the moderated.

On 8/5/2017 at 2:50 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Where is @Milan? That would be fun to see the moderator become the moderated.

There is always God above God :grin: 

Getting there ...

Up to stage 200

No model has been safe to get to this stage. Determined not to use any parts from the 42069 actual set (which I have). So far the Porsche, Claas, my MOD/MOC 40th Chassis and even the Creator London Bus (Routemaster) have given up parts! As you'll see a couple of non grey of orange parts have crept in. I've got a bricklink wish list slowly building.

unfortunately I'm now travelling for a few days so next build time won't be till Thursday I think. Still loving the construction of this. 

Haven't also worked out how I'll do the bonnet yet as you can't get the long fairing pieces in orange

I am surprised of how many different and nice color schemes fit in this set, the one i like the most is the red/white one, as Kmuffin said, it would be a perfect ambulance, BTW, after some inspiration watching some Unimogs and RM8's FJ40, i had the weird, but possibly nice idea to give this set some "attachment points", i have made the front one, it is driven by a motor which would drive the winch.

The current design of the attachment point is in WIP state, but it might be very similar to the one used in the 8110 (the bumper should be improved too), you can also see my own designed winch, which is capable to lift an 8110 and has a free-wheeling option:

640x333.jpg640x333.jpg

I am also thinking to convert this model into a chassis-cab version, why? because i have the idea to add a transport platform, like a container transporter, this way a container alike cargo could be attached to it (including a camper):

800x416.jpg

And this is where i got my inspiration, Blissmobil, imagine if the same concept is used in a smaller scale, could be perfect for this vehicle;

19 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

@suffocation

Care to show how the portals are attached?

Sure! I uploaded some pictures here.

It's not a good mod, though - I just wanted to see what the vehicle'd look like and didn't bother re-engineering the axles to reduce track width or improve turning radius.

As expected this models looks very nice in orange and black. Thanks for showing us.