MovieMocs

What UCS has not been done? (MOC or SET)

Hey guys, I'm looking to start a UCS scale star wars project but I don't know what to build? I've looked and almost all the ships, vehicles...anything, has already been done either as a Moc or an official Lego set. I'm planning to make instructions for this once I'm finished and sell them for quite cheap (Probably around $5 CAN) so if anyone can give me an idea that I end up doing, when I have the instructions I can give them to you for free. I just need some help finding the perfect Star Wars "Thing" to UCS. (Sorry, I'm using UCS as a verb...rip) Thanks!

Ebon Hawk? Dash Rendar's Outrider? Jedi Starfighters (the Eta-2, I think, not the Delta 7)... There's not that many iconic ships that spring to mind.

If you're going in for sculptures though, like Yoda and Darth Maul, then pretty much anything goes.  Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, Jar-Jar Binks...

Try a Harrower Class Dreadnaught from the Old Republic. Maybe the Sith Infiltrator. A-Wing. I would love to see what you come up with, because I was asking the same question here a few days ago. I might do an Eclipse in midi or System scale. I won't even bother wasting five weeks trying to design the Eclipse in UCS scale.

@GrahamSlam

@NathanR

@All in the Reflexes

@TemjinStrife

@Dragunov2

Thanks for the input guys:) I know there's already an A-wing (I was gonna do that) I was also considering the grevious bike wheel that fit the ucs grevious but...wow...that would be like..80 cm tall and about 8K parts...I don't have that kinda money though I challenge someone else to do it:)

I'm looking to build something that is fairly iconic but no ones built yet. I don't really want to get into the EU or old republic or even clone wars (There really were not many good new ships in the CW anyway) Thanks again for the ideas. I might do a grevious bike that's still UCS but not fit to the UCS figure. 

I and like five other people want a UCS Starspeeder 1000. It would be like a big bus for all my other Star Wars figures.  :laugh:

Okay probably with some broader appeal, how about some PT stuff? Gunship, Eta-Actis 2 Jedi Starfighter, Venator Class, Invisible Hand, Royal Starship, etc... While not as iconic as the OT vehicles, I think they have enough fame (Gunship and Venator especially) they would be well received. If we include the ST and Disney stuff, we need to also mention the U-Wing, T-70 X-wing, and FO Star Destroyer.

Just now, MovieMocs said:

@GrahamSlam

@NathanR

@All in the Reflexes

@TemjinStrife

@Dragunov2

Thanks for the input guys:) I know there's already an A-wing (I was gonna do that) I was also considering the grevious bike wheel that fit the ucs grevious but...wow...that would be like..80 cm tall and about 8K parts...I don't have that kinda money though I challenge someone else to do it:)

I'm looking to build something that is fairly iconic but no ones built yet. I don't really want to get into the EU or old republic or even clone wars (There really were not many good new ships in the CW anyway) Thanks again for the ideas. I might do a grevious bike that's still UCS but not fit to the UCS figure. 

Landspeeder of Luke?

There was one done and put on Lego Ideas...

42 minutes ago, MovieMocs said:

I'm looking to build something that is fairly iconic but no ones built yet. I don't really want to get into the EU or old republic or even clone wars (There really were not many good new ships in the CW anyway)

Actually you've got me thinking about the different vehicles in the original trilogy now.  Not that many really:  

For ANH I think everything has been done by someone (Bantha maybe...?).  

ESB: Rebel cargo ship, AT-ST type walker (not actually an AT-ST though), Tie Bomber (think I've seen one of those though), Twin pod cloud car, Cloud City?  

ROTJ: Jabba's sail barge, desert skiff, Mon-Cal star cruiser, Imperial Speeder Bike.

42 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I and like five other people want a UCS Starspeeder 1000. It would be like a big bus for all my other Star Wars figures.  :laugh:

Okay probably with some broader appeal, how about some PT stuff? Gunship, Eta-Actis 2 Jedi Starfighter, Venator Class, Invisible Hand, Royal Starship, etc... While not as iconic as the OT vehicles, I think they have enough fame (Gunship and Venator especially) they would be well received. If we include the ST and Disney stuff, we need to also mention the U-Wing, T-70 X-wing, and FO Star Destroyer.

We definitely need a decent FO Star Destroyer!

19 minutes ago, NathanR said:

There was one done and put on Lego Ideas...

Actually you've got me thinking about the different vehicles in the original trilogy now.  Not that many really:  

For ANH I think everything has been done by someone (Bantha maybe...?).  

ESB: Rebel cargo ship, AT-ST type walker (not actually an AT-ST though), Tie Bomber (think I've seen one of those though), Twin pod cloud car, Cloud City?  

ROTJ: Jabba's sail barge, desert skiff, Mon-Cal star cruiser, Imperial Speeder Bike.

Great ideas! Speed bike is done, desert skift is done, tie bomber is done, cloud car is done but not very well so I could maybe do a better version of that. Cloud city would be a great moc but not UCS and already done on Lego ideas. The sail barge is already 1K parts+ so a ucs would be tricky...maybe though...Again love the ideas.

1 hour ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I'm sorry the Starspeeder 1000 is just ugly. Sorry to be so blunt but it is.

Just now, Lahh001 said:

Palpatine's Shuttle would be cool

That sounds pretty awesome, it could be the same scale as the UCS Shuttle tydirium.

Just now, Space Police XVIII said:

Mouse droid.

um...no comment...

What about everybodys darling (allthough - since TCW-Series i made my Freedom with him)..

jar jar binks?

Edited by FrankusFurtus

44 minutes ago, FrankusFurtus said:

What about everybodys darling (allthough - since TCW-Series i made my Freedom with him)..

jar jar binks?

1 hour ago, Nantucketdink said:

Hailfire Droid tank

A technic one has been done by Lego

hqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

Darth Maul his shuttle or bike

The bike wouldn't be a very good UCS model and the ship has already been done :(

19870611430_3b2a5bb7d5_b.jpg

Just now, RogueRecon said:

I wanna build a Palpatine's Shuttle pretty bad

That's probably my #2 right now for UCS projects. It's a great ship :)

Just now, MovieMocs said:

That's probably my #2 right now for UCS projects. It's a great ship :)

Probably going to do a Palpatine's shuttle. I just find it REALLY hard to build something someone's already built better than you ever could, plus it's a nice ship and that's never a bad thing. The Resistance Bomber is something I'd love to make into a UCS when we get more official pics of it

A bit out of the box... what about a UCS Wampa that you can remove its arms!! :laugh: 

We already got a really detailed Rancor by Daiman which I built.

35964611340_4fa3bc0688_c.jpg

Edited by Azrielsc