Hoth Rebel

Voltron & Ship in Bottle IDEAS approved

Uh oh..... That awful copycat-company from far east has already copied the Ship-in-the-Bottle. And I have to admit that I like the ship better than the one LEGO has downsized so awfully. :hmpf_bad: Thank God, the rest of the build is just crude and nothing much to luck at!

Edited by Milan
Link removed.

4 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Uh oh..... That awful copycat-company from far east has already copied the Ship-in-the-Bottle. And I have to admit that I like the ship better than the one LEGO has downsized so awfully. :hmpf_bad: Thank God, the rest of the build is just crude and nothing much to luck at!

They copied it months ago.

Just posting here to say that season 5 of Voltron: Legendary Defender will be launching on March 2nd on Netflix.  I hope that an announcement on the Ideas set will coincide with this.

On 2/23/2018 at 11:33 AM, x105Black said:

Just posting here to say that season 5 of Voltron: Legendary Defender will be launching on March 2nd on Netflix.  I hope that an announcement on the Ideas set will coincide with this.

Maybe we will see something this weekend...

It is rather strange the lack of information about the release date for the Voltron set. No news that I can find. The ship in the bottle set has been out for some time now, so why the delay? One of those “things that make you go hmmm.” 

According to a reliable source on Instagram, LEGO Voltron will cost €179.99. That translates to roughly $221.50 USD!

Voltron Set number 21311 

Just now, MatthewRC said:

According to a reliable source on Instagram, LEGO Voltron will cost €179.99. That translates to roughly $221.50 USD!

Actually it’s probably going to be around $190-200 from what I’m hearing

Edited by Falconfan1414

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Voltron Set number 21311 

Okay, thanks for the correction. I did use an online currency converter for the price in Euro currency. That’s how I got $221.50 USD.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Maybe I've missed it if it had been discussed already, but have we any clue as to what release date we might be expecting for this set? With the Lightcycle set said to be releasing next month in April, should we perhaps expect Voltron's the following month in May? Maybe June?

23 hours ago, Blk69 said:

Yes, would think the demand would be better for Voltron than the ship in the bottle.  It maybe a license thing?

I think it's much more likely to simply be a consequence of a larger model generally needing a longer development time. Compared to a smaller, static display piece like the ship in a bottle, a large and complex model like Voltron will need a lot more testing to make sure it's sturdy and stable and that all the features (especially articulation and being able to separate out into the individual lions without any issues) work as intended.

The next Season of Voltron (that will sadly be the last) is going to be released on June 15 so it would probably be a good marketing strategy to release the LEGO set by then.

10 hours ago, PocasNuckie said:

The next Season of Voltron (that will sadly be the last) is going to be released on June 15 so it would probably be a good marketing strategy to release the LEGO set by then.

Hypothetically speaking, Seasons 3 and 4 make up a total of 13 episodes, like Season 1 and 2 each had before it. Since Season 5 has six episodes, it would be right to assume that Season 6 will have seven episodes. This would bring the episode count up to 52 episodes, meaning that there are still 26 episodes left after the fact, should Netflix stick to the commitment of 78 episodes.

4 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Do you think for $199, the voltron set could include minifigures from each lion?

It had better have at least the 5 pilots.  Super bonus points if it includes the Voltron Robot as a minifigure, but I doubt it without new molds...

6 pilots. (Keith, Lance, Hunk, Pidge, Allura, Sven/Shiro) Sven is expendable but if they want it to tie in with the current show, 6 is a must.

$200 is what I put in the Ideas form, in answer to "how much do you think this will cost"

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

It had better have at least the 5 pilots.  Super bonus points if it includes the Voltron Robot as a minifigure, but I doubt it without new molds...

Since LEGO Voltron will cost $200, I have a feeling it will be able to combine without having to be disassembled and rebuilt. This is what I’m hoping as well.

Calm down in assuming the Voltron coming is the one from the current Netflix show. The proposal on Ideas was for the classic one. Of course if LEGO is smart they will go with the new one but who knows ...

12 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Hypothetically speaking, Seasons 3 and 4 make up a total of 13 episodes, like Season 1 and 2 each had before it. Since Season 5 has six episodes, it would be right to assume that Season 6 will have seven episodes. This would bring the episode count up to 52 episodes, meaning that there are still 26 episodes left after the fact, should Netflix stick to the commitment of 78 episodes.

You're right. I could have sweared I had read somewhere it was 6 seasons only but that was probably my mind making up stuff.

10 hours ago, Artanis I said:

6 pilots. (Keith, Lance, Hunk, Pidge, Allura, Sven/Shiro) Sven is expendable but if they want it to tie in with the current show, 6 is a must.

$200 is what I put in the Ideas form, in answer to "how much do you think this will cost"

Well, 5 active pilots at any time.  I would love the full team.

I would love a full theme.  Zarkon, Lotor, and Haggar would be awesome, especially the 80s versions.  And yes, this Voltron is supposed to be based on the original 80s show.

3 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I would love a full theme.  Zarkon, Lotor, and Haggar would be awesome, especially the 80s versions.  And yes, this Voltron is supposed to be based on the original 80s show.

Who knows? Come 2019, perhaps the franchise will make an appearance in The Lego Movie's sequel, and therefore make its way into the film's tie-in sets. :shrug_oh_well: