Hoth Rebel

Voltron & Ship in Bottle IDEAS approved

On 30.8.2017 at 5:13 AM, Thewolfbuilder said:

Lego Voltron is a great idea . i hope it can transform. I would lik it to be the nextflix original series version though.

I'm more curious about the scale than whether or not the set will actually convert (as I'm certain that modding Voltron into split-able Lions wouldn't be too hard). Will the set come with Minifig Pilots?

As for the design, I like both versions of Voltron. I like the redesign of the Netflix Version, but prefer the proportions of "Classic" Voltron.

Just now, Brick Lover said:

Zusammengebaut.

Okay, I've checked their website, YouTube channel, and Twitter feed, but with no luck as to finding the particular mention of this. :def_shrug:

There is a leaked picture of the Ship in a Bottle set and it looks  A W E S O M E 

Best LEGO Ideas set so far??

By the way, why is this a jointed topic?

Voltron should go to licensed forum and Ship in the Bottle should go to the Pirates forum

Edited by Robert8

The design was slightly altered but in a good way. I like the cork stopper on the leaked picture. I think it captured the essence of the original fan design and it looks amazing.

The Ship in a Bottle is one of those sets that I will just build once and then display because it looks great on display anyway! 

21310 - 10/16, 09/17

21311 - 08/17, [06/18]

21312 - 02/17, 11/17

21313 - 08/17, 01/18

21314 - 11/17, [??/18]

21315 - [WIN/18], [11/18]

The dates in the brackets ([]) are just my thoughts, aren't official.

Edit: I saw the review video of Tron Legacy and a guy who didn't speak English told that the box is ready and I did hear that there were bricks in the box. So I don't think that 21314 is a September release.

Edited by Brick Lover

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There is a leaked picture of the Ship in a Bottle set and it looks  A W E S O M E 

Best LEGO Ideas set so far??

I just found the image myself, and yes, it looks incredible! *oh2*

But for me, the best part of this set is the return those large cylindrical quarter dome pieces in Trans. White! We haven't seen those used in that color since Paradisa, so the part will now be easier within reach for many. Maybe we'll see more people using it for awesome rocketcraft MOCs like this. :snicker:

SR  FAZOOM-O-CRAFT

Edited by Digger of Bricks

21313 Ship in a Bottle is now listed on Brickset and on French toy shop Born to be Kids' database. It costs 98,69€ and will be available from 01/05/2018. (According to Born to be Kids)

? 

21313 Ship in a Bottle is now listed on Brickset and on French toy shop Born to be Kids' database. It costs 98,69€ and will be available from 01/05/2018. (According to Born to be Kids) 

Does that date read January 5th or May 1st?

May 1st.

OK, thanks!

That date makes much more sense that the one Zusammengebaut gave us which you shared on this topic with us earlier. Perhaps that site was instead giving us the press release date?

24 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, thanks!

That date makes much more sense that the one Zusammengebaut gave us which you shared on this topic with us earlier. Perhaps that site was instead giving us the press release date?

Sure.

Whoa, Instagram user mario.power56 has an image of all the box contents for the Ideas Ship in a Bottle set! 

Those quarter cylinder dome parts... :wub:

Edit: It looks like he also has an image of a February store calendar with a teaser for the set, simply stating that it's "Coming Soon".

Edited by Digger of Bricks

There's a new image of the Ship in a Bottle on the LEGO Ideas Facebook wall today!

On December 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM, Robert8 said:

By the way, why is this a jointed topic?

Voltron should go to licensed forum and Ship in the Bottle should go to the Pirates forum

Seriously! I actually posted separately about the Voltron set in the Licensed forum back when it was first announced, and some mod actually moved my post here and merged it with this thread (!!!), even though my post served a purpose over there and just duplicated info here. *huh* :wacko:

Ok, this is looking like a very nice set but I am kind of on the fence with it.  It's clear that you will have to build the bottle around the ship, which I know isn't really a surprise since the whole thing is made out of Lego, but it feels like cheating somehow.  I was naively hoping for an optional, more difficult build where you make a ship with collapsable sails and then insert it through the neck of the bottle, the way real ships-in-bottles get made.

I will almost certainly get one though...

That has always been my problem with it too. A ship that you build a bottle around is not so interesting for me. It isn't really even a bottle. If you take the "cork" out, it is still sealed as the neck is not open.

There are some nice shaped glass pieces though.