Ayrlego

[COR - Aug FB] Armoury, Port Woodhouse

Development continues in Port Woodhouse. In addition to the recently constructed barracks, an armoury has now been constructed for the storage, maintenance and repair of small arms.

36212178521_b0ce40dc52_z.jpg

Inside, a hoary old veteran sergeant, one leg missing from some long forgotten skirmish, still serves his regiment as master of arms. An amateur gunsmith, he can service and repair most small arms. Here he inspects the custom pistol of a hussar.

35540198863_0c383a6b00_z.jpg

Another in a similar style as my barracks, I'm planning on doing a series of these small military buildings in this style for the settlement. This one will be licensed as a medium artesian in the name of the settlement.

Very nice collection of rifles!  And great continuation of the same style you used for your barracks.  Love the roof!  And of course the olive palm leaves... always awesome... :pir-grin:

Very nicely done, you've definitely nailed this style again, and this is a great representation of something we haven't seen much in BoBS! :thumbup:  I'm with Kai on the olive too, and I've got to admit those rifles are pretty neat! :grin:

Yeap, I love that style myself too! It is very distinct of a random colony of that era and really detailed! Keep up the great work as usual!

Another great-looking build from you! I like the weapons racks, and the little details like the hat on the coat tree, and the leaves/vines/flowers on the roof. Excellent! :thumbup:

Great idea for an artisan in a military camp, Ayrlego! It fits perfectly with your barracks, and continues the great style for Port Woodhouse. The weapon racks, weapons, and fireplace of the interior really makes it appear realistic. Well done!

I really like where this is going to!

Please keep continuing :D

This is so great. I like that you made your own door instead of using a original. 
Keep up the good work :thumbup:

The outside of this armory is great with its classic feel and Ayrlego flair. It has some great aspects that I had mentioned before on your partner builds. However, the interior on this build is the exceptional part. The gun racks are amazing and the lined up weapons are so perfectly orderly that they obviously must be in a Corrington armory. The work bench is great and I like the little but effective detail of the hussar holding his hat. I also like that the walls are two bricks wide which allows some details that are impossible with just one brick (ie window sills and door placement). Great job. 

On 03/08/2017 at 11:59 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very nice collection of rifles!  And great continuation of the same style you used for your barracks.  Love the roof!  And of course the olive palm leaves... always awesome... :pir-grin:

Thanks Kai! olive palm leaves are indeed awesome, although I felt a bit lazy simply recycling the main palm tree for this build - so much so I built a real tree for the next one :pir_laugh2:

On 04/08/2017 at 0:19 AM, Garmadon said:

Very nicely done, you've definitely nailed this style again, and this is a great representation of something we haven't seen much in BoBS! :thumbup:  I'm with Kai on the olive too, and I've got to admit those rifles are pretty neat! :grin:

Thanks Garm! I hope to do at least a few more, so hopefully I can continue to make them interesting. The rifle rack was probably the most fiddly part of this build!

On 04/08/2017 at 2:21 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Yeap, I love that style myself too! It is very distinct of a random colony of that era and really detailed! Keep up the great work as usual!

Thank you BD!

On 04/08/2017 at 2:28 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Another great-looking build from you! I like the weapons racks, and the little details like the hat on the coat tree, and the leaves/vines/flowers on the roof. Excellent! :thumbup:

Thanks Capt Wolf!

On 04/08/2017 at 4:16 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Can we have another pic with open door ? :devil::innocent:

Great armoury, a nice add-on to the troup barrack

Nope! :pir_tong2: Thanks Professor, this building is rather simple but I was hoping it complimented the barracks.

On 04/08/2017 at 5:36 PM, Bregir said:

Great idea for an artisan in a military camp, Ayrlego! It fits perfectly with your barracks, and continues the great style for Port Woodhouse. The weapon racks, weapons, and fireplace of the interior really makes it appear realistic. Well done!

Thank you Bregir, The whole idea mainly revolved around that gun rack! For whatever reason I struggled for artisans in Mooreton Bay, so I put a bit of thought into what I could build here.

On 05/08/2017 at 6:17 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine creation, both exterior and interior!

Thanks Captain Braunsfeld!

On 08/08/2017 at 9:16 PM, Maxim I said:

I really like where this is going to!

Please keep continuing :D

Thank you Maxim, no problem, posted build 3 last night! Although I'll never catch up to Trador, You motivated me to focus on getting a larger settlement at the other end of the Prio Sea, so thanks!

On 10/08/2017 at 9:49 PM, storm_666 said:

This is so great. I like that you made your own door instead of using a original. 
Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks Storm, I always struggle to decide whether to use Lego doors or build my own - good to brick built look good!

2 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

The outside of this armory is great with its classic feel and Ayrlego flair. It has some great aspects that I had mentioned before on your partner builds. However, the interior on this build is the exceptional part. The gun racks are amazing and the lined up weapons are so perfectly orderly that they obviously must be in a Corrington armory. The work bench is great and I like the little but effective detail of the hussar holding his hat. I also like that the walls are two bricks wide which allows some details that are impossible with just one brick (ie window sills and door placement). Great job. 

Thank you Silent Wolf. I made the front wall two thick mainly because TLG has yet to release 1x2 medium-dark flesh plates! (hopefully soon if anyone with influence is reading this...:pir_tong2:) As I needed some smaller MDF highlights I had to use 2x2 plates instead, hence the 2 deep wall.