Hi everyone,

I’m please to introduce you my latest MOC, the Aircraft Super Tug, an attempt to make something inspired from the Goldhofer AST-1X 1360 used for moving biggest aircraft including A380 on airport platform.
5017240426_0c1114161f.jpg
If you’re curious there’s some nice videos on Youtube.

The MOC:

35941277250_d68779c456_c.jpg

36337840715_45aed4ba2d_c.jpg

36169265552_973dcce56e_c.jpg

36337831475_b0df14cf08_c.jpg

36337811435_30afb11286_c.jpg[

36337815715_7f726c48c9_c.jpg

36337823185_0c3b917786_c.jpg

36293612876_33c860ae96_c.jpg

All images are available on Flickr

There is some basic function controlled through SBrick inside:

• Propulsion (1 PF XL)

• Steering (1 PF-M) through several mini linear actuator

• Catch the aircraft landing gear (1 PF-M): adaptable to different size of wheel

• Lift/down the aircraft (1 PF-M) through 2 linear actuators

A video will explain better :

There’s a lot of issues with the functions, the gears don’t engage properly so the truck is unable to move or turn under its own power.
Not a great success so maybe I will restart this vehicle from zero one day to make a better version 2.

Thank you for your time, best regards,

Very nice towbarless aircraft tractor.:wub: My favorite creation constructed by ing. Michael Bammel (I've contacted him about this AST-1X several times). My version (with twin V8 engines in scale 1:18) is on wait several years due to expensive tumbler tites. Really nice to see that someone likes the same vehicle like I do. Once again - very pleasent surprise to se AST-1X made by LEGO Technic

@Superkoala - echoing the above comments, this is fantastic - another unusual build, a brilliant MOC of a utilitarian vehicle.

What I would now love to see:

1) Custom decals on the grey side panels, e.g. like the Lufthansa decals and Hi-Vis numbering on the vehicle in your first photo.
2) Try it out with a full Technic plane - MOC or official (might be too heavy to lift?  But it'd look awesome anyway...)
3) Your MOC sitting alongside this one:

Thanks for yous comment, I appreciate.

4 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

@Superkoala - echoing the above comments, this is fantastic - another unusual build, a brilliant MOC of a utilitarian vehicle.

What I would now love to see:

1) Custom decals on the grey side panels, e.g. like the Lufthansa decals and Hi-Vis numbering on the vehicle in your first photo.
2) Try it out with a full Technic plane - MOC or official (might be too heavy to lift?  But it'd look awesome anyway...)
3) Your MOC sitting alongside this one:

I will keep in mind the decals and picture with an aircraft. There is 90% of chance I'll redo this vehicle later.

However, the MOC from @BrickbyBrickTechnic isn't really at the same scale, the tug is really bigger. This would be more credible (this is another of my moc (here) i did just before come on Eurobricks). You will appreciate my incredible Photoshop skills.

36184355332_37234c33de_c.jpg

Talking about scale ...

1 hour ago, mocbuild101 said:

Great work! Now you just need to make a plane to go with it...at the same scale! :grin:

An A380 should be 3m long. Not impossible for some furious builder :laugh:

Nice implementations of the functions in a rather tight space. Did you use yellow at the back intentionally or was there parts availability issue? It looks good, I'm just curious. Also thank you for some learning experience - I didn't know that such vehicles actually lift the front of the aircraft by the front landing gear :-)

12 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

How long is the tug @Superkoala?

@BrickbyBrickTechnic, it is 60 x 22 x 10 cm (or 75 x 27 x 12 studs)

1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Nice implementations of the functions in a rather tight space. Did you use yellow at the back intentionally or was there parts availability issue? It looks good, I'm just curious. Also thank you for some learning experience - I didn't know that such vehicles actually lift the front of the aircraft by the front landing gear :-)

Actually ... I had enough light bluish gray panel to make it full gray, by i didn't like the idea. My favourite color theme would have been the AST-1X prototype's one but i didn't have enough yellow panel

AST-1_X_800.jpg

Edited by Superkoala