kbalage

[MOD] 42069 Extreme Adventure RC variations - PF+Sbrick/Buggy+BuWizz/Wheels

@kabalage

You could perhaps provide an LXF file for the installation of the Motors?
Unfortunately, the pictures do not show how the motors are mounted on axles.

GreetZ from Germany

Joey

@Joey73 I'm not planning to make a 3d file, sorry. I disassembled partially the set, took a series of pics of the axles and some additional ones of the internals. I'll compile them and create a short video, hopefully this week.

Video with partial instructions is published:

It contains detailed instructions for the 2 axles and some hints about the M motor placements. Please note that the images were taken during the disassembly, so the steps might not be very logical. Since I took apart the set and started another mod I won't be able to provide any further instructions for this one. If you're looking for 3d files and/or better instructions I suggest to follow this topic, it already has some great content and I'm sure it will have more as others will share their mods.

This is an awesome MOD, used your m motor and servo placement in my own version, but ended up only using 2 L motors for power and changing it to wheels. Moves pretty well though.

Edited by Kryne

@Kryne thank you!

I made a second much lighter version with buggy motors:

Originally I didn't want to remove the tracks but I was asked to test it, so a version with wheels is in the works, too :)

Really like the set with the wheels and RC motors.

Which of the two outputs did you used and are the RC motors driving the wheels directly or did you geared them up or down?

Wasn't so impressed by the original set though I have it on my "maybe" buy list because I liked the B model but with wheels and RC motors for me it really moves it to the must buy.

Need then two RC motors more and especially two buwizz too then, which probably kills my Lego budget for next year ?.

Is it Possible to get some instructions/photos/videos as hints for building?

Though I like figuring it out myself and I m usually limited on parts so I often need to work with what I got, it's always good to get some ideas. And often I learn something by looking at instructions and modifying them to my needs or get to know some parts I didn't knew about at all.

@kbalage

I have some Questions and need hints for some mounting Gears and an M-Motor for the Engine Simulation.

See the Pictures below.

It would be nice if you could help me here.
In the video you can not see everything so precisely.

6.jpg How is the engine mounted here? How is it held

How is it Held

5.jpgWhich Gears were installed here?

4.jpgWhich Gears are installed here?

unfortunately I can only upload 100Kb to files

Edited by Joey73

Just to know of 4pcs buggy motors got any overheated and shut for safety before?

Got the case of 2pcs buggy motos with sBrick and work a minute then need to be cooldown themself.

@tamahandy The buggy motors are driving the wheels directly from the outer (slower) output. Tested with the faster output as well but that was too much stress for the BuWizz units. I can help you with the construction of the axles, I created some photos while I was disassembling them, I can put together a small video similar to this one if it helps. It won't be a complete instruction set but might be enough to give you the idea.

@Joey73 That M motor is mounted to an "L" shaped DBG liftarm with a single black pin, and also the axle is supporting it. Regarding the gears I cannot really tell you more than what you see on the image. As this model is disassembled I cannot give you more pictures. I suggest to try to fit the motor yourself in your build and see how these gears can fit and where/how you have to transfer the drive with them. 

@JTCN The buggy motors did not overheat, in some scenarions the protection of the BuWizz units kicked in when there was a sudden load increase (like hitting an obstacle or accelerating with full power from zero using the high output). To be honest I did not run these cars for too long in a single take, 2-3 mins maximum.

A little  help if someone wants to build the wheeled version with the buggy motors - I created video instructions for the 2 axles: