Bardo is known for it annual music festival, and one of the constant reminders of the importance of music in this island town is the statue of the Pied Piper at the center of a small fountain near the center of town.

coins.jpg

Children and animals seem drawn to the statue. Some say the wind plays an alluring tune when it blows around the statue at just the right direction off the ocean. And local custom has turned the fountain into a wishing well.

couple.jpg

And it's not just children who throw coins in the well; couples also believe the fountain brings good luck.

A view of the full build:

full.jpg

------------

A quick build to add a small art & culture property to Bardo. All C&C welcome.

Very cool build! I started the one for Elysabethtown yesterday, but got carried away...

I really like the white forester's hat!  Didn't know those came in that color.   Nice little build, I like the fact that you included a monkey. :pir-grin:

Nice, I too didn't know they came in white.... do I detect an under-shade of green... could it be painted??? :pir_laugh2:

A simple yet effective monument, good job!

Nice and representative build for portraying the atmosphere on Bardo, the cultural exchange center for the Bards in the Brick Seas.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, RocketSeason said:

Simple yet effective! Great little piece.

Thanks!

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:39 AM, Maxim I said:

Very cool build! I started the one for Elysabethtown yesterday, but got carried away...

Thanks! Every town should have a fountain or statue on the town square, I think. Looking forward to what you come up with for Elysabethtown.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, Kai NRG said:

I really like the white forester's hat!  Didn't know those came in that color.   Nice little build, I like the fact that you included a monkey. :pir-grin:

Thanks. The monkey was a must, of course! As for the hat ...

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice, I too didn't know they came in white.... do I detect an under-shade of green... could it be painted??? :pir_laugh2:

A simple yet effective monument, good job!

Thanks. And Ayrlego has revealed my deception. I painted the forester's hat! If I worked in LDD, no one would care, but since I work in real bricks... :pir-oh:

I had various white hair options, and even some white hat options (although none were very period or subject appropriate), but the forester's hat really made the statue, so I indulged in a small bit of heresy.

50 minutes ago, Sir Stig said:

Nice and representative build for portraying the atmosphere on Bardo, the cultural exchange center for the Bards in the Brick Seas.

Thanks (and thanks for suggesting a music-themed build). I'm glad I was able to come up with something that fit with the character of the settlement.

Though this is a simple build, it really has a lot of appeal. The pied piper in all white (marble?) is definitely the best part of this build. The posing is great and makes it seem so real.