Umbra-Manis

(GBW - Campaign 3) Isle of Rahz - RON Defense PART B1 (LDD)

Nation:  Isle of Rahz

An edge to getting the info leaked out that the CoAC was attacking grids E4 and E5 was that the RoN had a short window to set up quick defenses.  Tanks can dig out a hole in the ground very quickly, almost as fast as a front-end loader.  These tanks, the Rahzian Barron (The first model to be produced by Rahzian engineers to see service on another continent), arrived here a few hours ago and have entrenched themselves into the ground.  This provides cover in that much less of the tank is exposed to anti-armor fire.  When the fighting began here, the tanks easily defended themselves from the enemy.  Most of the threats have been eliminated, so the team has called the command post to report.  Command has dispatched an infantry team to their location, which should be arriving shortly.

35465432984_1c0b105391_c.jpg

36299501715_bbabfd3b3a_c.jpg

Bonus Tank shot in the spoiler, C&C Welcome! Mecabricks Model

Spoiler

36166714061_85d0cbf78f_c.jpg

Edited by Umbra-Manis

You’ve been awarded (7) points.

Judges’ comments…

The color hue of everything here really threw me off. I like the tank though and the surrounding areas. Being LDD, I would have liked to have seen a little more here.

Quick scene here of a tank entering the forest...although it struck me as more of a SPG (Self Propelled Gun). I like the look of how solid this thing is. Kind of reminds me of a Bulldog; small, yet with a very intimidating look to it. Can you adjust the lighting on your renders? I ask because the second shot of the tank just feels very dark, which I'm sure is due to your selection of darker colors. And with it being dark, it cast some strange reflections. As it is a forest, feel free to add a few more trees, but I like that you varied the ones you have...not all the same size, but a few different ones make the forest scene work well.

A nice vehicle with some good terrain. I’m particularly fond of the trees and am intrigued by the way you addressed the top of the tree. I might have to try experimenting with that technique. The vehicle has plenty of details and some good features, too. My main complaint is that the tank looks a little too sci-fi. The orange doesn’t seem like a good color for a vehicle fighting in a forest or jungle and the overall design looks more like a futuristic vehicle than any modern tanks that I am familiar with. If anything, it looks more like a self-propelled gun of some sort. Now I certainly don’t want to criticize creativity and there are some really odd tank designs and prospective designs out there, but some basic, distinguishing elements of a tank seem to be missing (rotating turret instead of just the gun rotating, slopped armor, etc.).

Thanks for playing!