First off: making a small factory is really tough. :pir-grin:  It's way too easy to slip into artisan mode.  So think of this not so much as a small factory, as a small part of a factory.

36163502871_6cb830ac5d.jpg

A small landed proprietor fell upon hard times back on the Eslandian mainland and decided to turn to industrial pursuits.  Thinking that the colonies offered more opportunites in this regard, but not interested in moving too far off, he settled in Bardo and opened a wheel spoke factory in conjunction with a nearby blacksmith who undertook to put the finishing iron band around the wheels.

36129112892_c2fe54debb.jpg

He developed a new machine to expedite the spoke-making process.  This machine makes four spokes at once.  First, two rough poles must be put inside the machine between the two 5 stud-long sides.  (Each pole will later be cut in half for a total of four spokes.)

35901442400_63e161e457.jpg

The machine is placed upright and an iron bar is placed between the two poles.  The T piece on the end of the bar is swiveled back and forth and turns the cross pieces along the poles, smoothing the poles out as it is pushed slowly forward.

35490370523_194969873f.jpg

I'm not sure it would work in real life. :pir-laugh:  I have admired the educational factories we've seen, but I couldn't find a process simple enough to be shown on a small base like this, so I just invented something.  C&C welcome!

I like the roof, even if it is only put down on the first floor

Nice the reuse of the tool for a bender one. I think that the light saber 4L bar are to be bent around the capstan you use as wheel rim (good idea looks just like it)

I'm not sure if that process would work, but I like the build, and fantastic figure posing, as in all your builds! Nice use of dark brown, and I like the intentionally uneven floor tiles. Nice effect! The open attic is a nice feature as well. :thumbup:

A very well presented and clean build as usual! I agree small factories can be difficult, but I think you've done a great job here. I like the inventive process as well. Good work!

Small factories are my bane. (All factories are my nemesis for this era.) It is interesting that you have created an idea that may or may not work. It looks and sounds authentic. :pir_laugh2: Nice job on the flooring and the photography.

Small factories are indeed a bit hard to come up with, but I think you have found a great example of a standardised product, created by a (home-made) standardised process! I like how "dense" the build is with details, and the colours go really well together for a warm, although subdued colourscheme.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:57 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I like the roof, even if it is only put down on the first floor

Nice the reuse of the tool for a bender one. I think that the light saber 4L bar are to be bent around the capstan you use as wheel rim (good idea looks just like it)

Thanks Professor!  Getting a roof like this to fit perfectly on an A frame is not too easy, so I decided to avoid that problem altogether. :pir-grin:

On 8/1/2017 at 2:39 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I'm not sure if that process would work, but I like the build, and fantastic figure posing, as in all your builds! Nice use of dark brown, and I like the intentionally uneven floor tiles. Nice effect! The open attic is a nice feature as well. :thumbup:

Neither am I! :pir-laugh:  I have a feeling it would need some tweaking at the very least.  Thank you though!  Glad you noticed the uneven floor tiles.  Those were fun to do!

On 8/2/2017 at 4:26 AM, Ayrlego said:

A very well presented and clean build as usual! I agree small factories can be difficult, but I think you've done a great job here. I like the inventive process as well. Good work!

Thanks Ayrlego!

On 8/2/2017 at 0:40 PM, SilentWolf said:

Small factories are my bane. (All factories are my nemesis for this era.) It is interesting that you have created an idea that may or may not work. It looks and sounds authentic. :pir_laugh2: Nice job on the flooring and the photography.

:pir-laugh:  Thanks SilentWolf!

5 hours ago, Bregir said:

Small factories are indeed a bit hard to come up with, but I think you have found a great example of a standardised product, created by a (home-made) standardised process! I like how "dense" the build is with details, and the colours go really well together for a warm, although subdued colourscheme.

Thank you!  I was initially going to try to do a complete wheel factory, but then researching it, I realized that it was more an artisan sort of job... but I still wanted to get wheels in there somehow. :pir-wink:

On 8/4/2017 at 4:16 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine small factory!

Thanks Captain! :pir-classic:

I really like that arched door/gate! This MOC may be small but it's filled with personality!

On 8/20/2017 at 8:00 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Ahahahaha! I am still trying to figure out if your invention would work irl :tongue: Nice moc nevertheless!

:pir-laugh: Thanks blackdeathgr!

22 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I really like that arched door/gate! This MOC may be small but it's filled with personality!

Thank you! 

43 minutes ago, ArchitectureFan said:

That is indeed a very clever small factory!

Thank you!

An ingenious mechanism! It should contribute to accelerate the production in case of need. And I like how you've made the arch on the door.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, Bodi said:

An ingenious mechanism! It should contribute to accelerate the production in case of need. And I like how you've made the arch on the door.

Thank you!  The half arch worked well indeed, I think it's a concept I'll have to revisit!