Digger of Bricks

Who's Your Favorite Brickfilmer and/or Brickfilm?

Being a rather slow subforum here on Eurobricks, I thought I'd start this discussion to help liven it up, since many here I'm sure have a personal favorite as far as Brickfilmers go. If not anyone in particular, perhaps just a specific Brickfilm.

There are many great Brickfilms out there, but still, my all time favorite will still be Fancy Pants's Force Unleashed Brickfilm. After seven years now, it still such a mindblowing piece of work!

Now an overall great Brickfilmer who's work I thoroughly enjoy is Brotherhood Workshop, who is not only a great Brickfilmer, but a hilarious one at that! He does not resort to over the top violence or profanity, but just good old-fashioned, fast pased slapstick humor.

Here are two personal favorites of mine, one done for HISHE, which both great! :grin:

Some Brickfilmers I quite enjoy (no specific order) :

• Brotherhood Workshop (the one who brought me into animating)
  • Something's Awry Productions (love his choppy animation style)
  • Forrestfire101 (sometimes a bit violent but a filmmaking genius)
  • Fancypants (best comedian)
  • Dylan Woodley (awesome Lego effects)
  • Paganomation (speedbuild effect king)
  • Forlorn Creature (He animates at 12.5 fps but it looks super smooth)
  • Pantsahat (amazing set design)

This is just my personal opinion but I think every Brickfilmer has something special

I think MICHAELHICKOXFilms is by far the best one. I also like Brotherhood Workshop. I can't really find any that come close to those two (in terms of having both humor and good animation)

I don't watch "Brickfilms" very much but, by default I would have to say MICHAELHICKOXFilm$.  But I don't like some of his more recent films like "LEGO tree house", I hate that one:damn:  And he (like many others) is pretty much doing it for money now.

EDIT: I just remembered about a Brickfilmer called: Keshen8, he makes more "adult" Brickfilms.

Edited by Hart New Bob

OK, this has got to be one of Brotherhood Workshop's best Brickfilms yet, and probably one of my newest favorites! :head_back:

Done for YouTube channel HISHE (How It Should Have Ended):

On 9/13/2017 at 6:25 PM, Hart New Bob said:

I don't watch "Brickfilms" very much but, by default I would have to say MICHAELHICKOXFilm$.  But I don't like some of his more recent films like "LEGO tree house", I hate that one:damn:  And he (like many others) is pretty much doing it for money now.

EDIT: I just remembered about a Brickfilmer called: Keshen8, he makes more "adult" Brickfilms.

MICHAELHICKOXFilms is not a particular favorite of mine, but in the past, there have been a few films of his that have caught my eye that I have watched which were both cute and clever. But yeah, some of his more recent offerings are quite weird and just plain awful, particularly two of his more recent Spiderman films. Not really sure what to make of those, they're quite out of character for his sort of fare. :wacko: 

Now I have watched much of Keshen8's work, he really is a great Brickfilmer! His more recent Lego Civil War Brickfilm is really one fast paced, snappy piece of animation excellence! 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

MICHAELHICKOXFilms is not a particular favorite of mine, but in the past, there have been a few films of his that have caught my eye that I have watched which were both cute and clever. But yeah, some of his more recent offerings are quite weird and just plain awful, particularly two of his more recent Spiderman films. Not really sure what to make of those, they're quite out of character for his sort of fare. :wacko: 

Now I have watched much of Keshen8's work, he really is a great Brickfilmer! His more recent Lego Civil War Brickfilm is really one fast paced, snappy piece of animation excellence! 

I 100% agree. (though, I have not seen his Lego civil war film yet)

15 hours ago, BrickFrick said:

Why no one said anything about LCM brick show and Brickdictator? Those two guys make fantastic brick war films! 

Damn, I've never heard of either of them before myself! Just watched only a few minutes of both of their most popular Brickfilms and was left awestruck! Brickdictator's Battle of Brody has not only excellent stop-motion animation, but some impressively done backdrops and sets of a vast scale! :thumbup: *oh2*

Any other Brickfilmers you can reference me to that are favorites of yours perhaps? :classic:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Damn, I've never heard of either of them before myself! Just watched only a few minutes of both of their most popular Brickfilms and was left awestruck! Brickdictator's Battle of Brody has not only excellent stop-motion animation, but some impressively done backdrops and sets of a vast scale! :thumbup: *oh2*

Glad to help you with this :) .  Also check LCM brick show, he has maybe not so smooth animation but he's historical war movies are also awesome. Iraq modern war and Napoleon war and D-day they are masterpieces 

How come ono one's mentioned Alexander Studios? If you're going for humor, they've got it! The animation is soemtimes bviously superimposed on top of something, but overall well done. Check out his "LEGO Bowling" vid on YouTube! It's hilarious!