Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

BRICKYWOOD - Day 3

4 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

My apologies, I worded that wrong, what I meant was, there are two investigators overall in the game, not that there were tow investigators left. Again apologies, I didn't communicate it clearly.

Oh geez, oh man, you guys are taking up a lot of space and thought space parsing out what you're each saying....

Mr. Foley seems to be suggesting he believes that Mr. Nouget was an investigator, which again doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Mr. Ebrick seems to be suggesting he understands what you're saying, Mr. Foley, but that he doesn't believe Mr. Nouget was an investigator. What he gets wrong though is claiming that Mr. Nouget went to Mr. Plastic and told him he was a investigator, when actually Mr. Plastic uncovered that all on his own.

So, Mr. Ebrick, you want to throw Mr. Plastic to the wolves? You think he would have come out with this convoluted story after his scum buddy was sunk to try to save him, especially once a bandwagon was starting?

One scum rolecop + one town investigator = two total investigators

William followed Ari and saw him investigating, which most likely means he rolecopped someone since Ari flipped scum today. 

The second investigator is town-aligned and contacted Glenn with the scum result on Ari.

So, who to lynch today? I don't think there's much to see in the voting patterns from yesterday after Glenn announced the result on Ari, and we haven't heard anything from Glenn or the PR's yet.

Audrey, Thelma, and Brick have been very quiet. I would be interested to hear their thoughts on today's situation.

Aw man, Brickie. I liked that dog. 

I'm worried about this whole confusing investigative mess. I personally don't see that we've concretely learned anything from anybody who was directly involved in it, except that Ari was in fact a scummy dude.

I remember being in a mafia film called Secret Enemies, and at the end it was revealed that the two villains had played against each other early on so that the Town would trust one of them in the second half. I'm wary that something wacky like that might be going on, since it's all so muddled and cryptic. 

Birckie nooo. :distressed: :cry_sad: Your gorgeous life had barely begun, you could have been a star in this business, maybe even nearly as successful as me! *dramatic hair swishing*

8 hours ago, jluck said:

To recap, I was the source. I tracked (not watched, my bad) Ari and saw he performed an investigation. Playing the odds I assumed he was town and contacted him. Hence my defense of him.

A fairly usual assumption, it is not normal for the scum to have an investigator.  Perhaps rolecop is correct, perhaps conversion was brought up to cause us confusion.  Knowing Ari well (he was my agent after all), I suspect confusion was the aim, but you never know.

I'm not sure I see much benefit in lynching the person who claimed tracker.  That said, since we know who has that role now, perhaps you should let us know if you had any night time success?  Is Glenn's source able to report on any more success with investigating?

I'm also interested in whether Ari revealed his investigation result (or alleged result) to William.

1 minute ago, Dragonator said:

I'm not sure I see much benefit in lynching the person who claimed tracker.  That said, since we know who has that role now, perhaps you should let us know if you had any night time success?  Is Glenn's source able to report on any more success with investigating?

I'm also interested in whether Ari revealed his investigation result (or alleged result) to William.

Hm both good points. Assuming Ms. Clutch is town (which is the easiest assumption, though technically its possible Burpamount is playing a fast one on us by playing two of their members off each other right away... but Occam's Razor and what not...) it might be good for Mr. Plastic to start to pass his findings to her. If someone was watched or tracked or whatever it is that Mr. Plastic can do, and they didn't take any action it's pretty likely they are vanilla town - there probably aren't a lot of Burpamount folks in our numbers so they probably all act at night. No reason to out vanillas to the whole town (because it will tell the Burpamount folks who not to target) but it might be good to let Clutch and by extension her investigator know what Mr. Plastic has already found out.

5 hours ago, Tariq j said:

If you look back at Day 2 Mr Clutch kind of (almost) dig himself his own grave, he posted some fluffy posts with no substance whatsoever, he then voted randomly for Mr Nougat claiming his bite was illogical and that he couldn't reveal any info as to why he placed the ore despite multiple people asking him too. And then when people did vote on him he said he would be happy to be lynched and then only revealed the critical information until 2/3 during the day. He was giving off scum reads which is why I voted for him.

I'm still not sure how any of that made Clutch scummy. The way I saw it, his actions were far too bold for a Burpamounter. 

Do you think everyone else voted for Clutch for the same reasons you did? Do the other votes for Clutch not strike you as scummy?

7 minutes ago, Dragonator said:

I believe William told us that Ari didn't reveal this. As has been suggested, I wouldn't be surprised if Ari targeted Brickie, discovered he had a role, and killed him before anyone knew about it.

As of now, we had no other confirmation of a Burpamount and one of us was cleared last night.  That's about it for now. 

Well, for the record. I don't expect anyone to fully trust me and I am perfectly alright with it. More importantly, I would rather we work together to nap the most highly probable possible Burpamount. 

2 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Audrey, Thelma, and Brick have been very quiet. I would be interested to hear their thoughts on today's situation.

You speak my name, and I shall appear.

I'll be honest, I didn't initially think Ari was scum. We didn't have much to go on Day Two, and he seemed to be acting level headed. For me, Clutch was the most suspicious person of Day Two until she made clear why she initially voted for Ari. Her crypticness and unwillingness to come out and speak what she had learned felt like she was intentionally withholding information, as well as her initial sheepish reasoning for voting for Ari.

47 minutes ago, Dragonator said:

Birckie nooo. :distressed: :cry_sad: Your gorgeous life had barely begun, you could have been a star in this business, maybe even nearly as successful as me! *dramatic hair swishing*

A fairly usual assumption, it is not normal for the scum to have an investigator.  Perhaps rolecop is correct, perhaps conversion was brought up to cause us confusion.  Knowing Ari well (he was my agent after all), I suspect confusion was the aim, but you never know.

Ya, I'd really like to have someone trustworthy to funnel results to. I will say that last night's action was fruitless. I'll likely tell someone by the end of the game day who I targeted. Additionally, Ari told me nothing, claiming to not trust me yet. 

Also, Rosamun contacted me last game night and asked who I would target. Didn't seem like info that any townie needed to know since if I'd died I wouldn't have been able to reveal the results anyway. Figured I'd share here and let the conversation be public. 

I'm starting to feel like Burpamount must have had the goods on Brickie, because otherwise it would have made more sense to target Ms. Clutch and give us a major setback in terms of building a block. Now we have a 3 person town block, whereas if Clutch had been killed the source would have had to reveal themselves, or the new addition to the block would have had to try and prove their trustworthiness (Probably against a counterclaim). The question that leaves is: What did we lose?

40 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Her crypticness and unwillingness to come out and speak what she had learned felt like she was intentionally withholding information

Is intentionally withholding information a scum-tell?

1 hour ago, Dragonator said:

That said, since we know who has that role now, perhaps you should let us know if you had any night time success?  

34 minutes ago, jluck said:

Also, Rosamun contacted me last game night and asked who I would target. Didn't seem like info that any townie needed to know since if I'd died I wouldn't have been able to reveal the results anyway. 

Mhmm. :hmpf_bad: Fishing for targets and night action results is definitely suspicious. 

Rosamund and Audrey have been elevated to the top of my suspicions list. That just doesn't sit right.

6 minutes ago, TinyPiesRUs said:

Is intentionally withholding information a scum-tell?

Not in every circumstance, no, I'll admit you are correct. A cop withholding his investigations can be helpful in building a town block, as well as finding out who scum are. However, the cop is unlikely to openly state he's the cop until he's gathered enough info and declares himself the cop. 

Let's assume for a moment I told you that I'm voting for Gopher, and the reason why I'm voting for Gopher is... um, well, you don't need to know why. I have information that I'm not telling anyone else about.

Would you not find that suspicious? What do I claim to know something about the person I'm voting for, and why am I withholding it? In my eyes, it's just a way to jump over having a reason to vote for someone, and is incredibly sheepish. It looks productive, but it's ultimately hollow.

54 minutes ago, jluck said:

Also, Rosamun contacted me last game night and asked who I would target. Didn't seem like info that any townie needed to know since if I'd died I wouldn't have been able to reveal the results anyway. Figured I'd share here and let the conversation be public. 

I find this somewhat curious. I'd like to hear more from Rosamund about what happened last night. Also, you claim your nightly prowl was fruitless. Does this mean you were blocked, or that you simply didn't get a positive result? I want to know just for clarification.

42 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Not in every circumstance, no, I'll admit you are correct. A cop withholding his investigations can be helpful in building a town block, as well as finding out who scum are. However, the cop is unlikely to openly state he's the cop until he's gathered enough info and declares himself the cop. 

Let's assume for a moment I told you that I'm voting for Gopher, and the reason why I'm voting for Gopher is... um, well, you don't need to know why. I have information that I'm not telling anyone else about.

Would you not find that suspicious? What do I claim to know something about the person I'm voting for, and why am I withholding it? In my eyes, it's just a way to jump over having a reason to vote for someone, and is incredibly sheepish. It looks productive, but it's ultimately hollow.

I find this somewhat curious. I'd like to hear more from Rosamund about what happened last night. Also, you claim your nightly prowl was fruitless. Does this mean you were blocked, or that you simply didn't get a positive result? I want to know just for clarification.

Sure, it was successful and there was nothing to see. 

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

My reasons for asking were simple: If he died and the results were important, I could get them to the town. At the time I didn't realize that if he were killed, he wasn't going to get those results. :wall: It was a big scummy blonde moment which might possibly be my undoing. He told me the target, but due to recent revelations even he/she isn't fully cleared.

Just now, Rider Raider said:

My reasons for asking were simple: If he died and the results were important, I could get them to the town. At the time I didn't realize that if he were killed, he wasn't going to get those results. :wall: It was a big scummy blonde moment which might possibly be my undoing. He told me the target, but due to recent revelations even he/she isn't fully cleared.

William already said yesterday he made arrangements in the event that he was killed last night, so why would you feel the need to reach out to him again?

As far as I know, you're not cleared either- why would William intrust you with this information?

7 hours ago, Zepher said:

Mr. Ebrick seems to be suggesting he understands what you're saying, Mr. Foley, but that he doesn't believe Mr. Nouget was an investigator. What he gets wrong though is claiming that Mr. Nouget went to Mr. Plastic and told him he was a investigator, when actually Mr. Plastic uncovered that all on his own.

So, Mr. Ebrick, you want to throw Mr. Plastic to the wolves? You think he would have come out with this convoluted story after his scum buddy was sunk to try to save him, especially once a bandwagon was starting?

I never claimed that Ari told William that he was an investigator, in fact that would be counter to my express opinion that William is probably lying. As to your second question that is sort of what I'm saying, the final vote had not been cast yet when he made his claim to being in contact with an investigator that had cleared Ari, the whole I-saw-Ari-investigate-someone-and assumed-he-was-town story came after Ari told us he was scum, which would, in this scenario, be a combination frantic attempt to clear his own name/make himself look good to the town.

Oh man, oh geez, time to get to voting! It seems we don't have anything power role to go off of right now, so let's say who we suspect due to circumstance and voting record... for now it appears fruitless to go after Ms. Clutch, so I will consider her "cleared" until something tips in the other direction: ideally the investigator would get around to clearing her eventually... of theres also a chance Brickie was the investigator and Burpamount sacked Mr. Nouget by having Ms. Clutch pass on good information, and then killed Brickie so no one would ever doubt Clutch again...

I've already been upfront about my suspicion about the three who tried to discredit Ms. Clutch, those being Thelma, Finn, and Nash. Thelma is the least suspect of the three because she led the charge, which I think would be bold for Burpamount especially if they were afraid they might lose Mr. Nouget. Finn strikes a strange chord with me on only one count: his weird insistence that there COULD be a jail keeper. Might this be to make the blocker not think about who they blocked night one? Out of the three, Nash is the most suspect to me.

Mr. Plastic still seems like a bad bid to me. I just think the defense would be too brazen, especially when it seemed so clear Nouget was a loss already. But I suspect some will push for him.

The floaters at the moment strike me as Mr. Brickcaprio, who beyond attempting to get Audrey to speak up has added little, and Mr. DeMille, who is adding little of anything.

Finally we have Rosamund, who asked for results from Mr. Plastic. This too strikes me as sort of weirdly brazen - would rather investigate her or watch her in some coming day than sack her as it stands.

For now I will Vote: Nash Bricksman (medium snowman) . Based solely off voting record and behavior yesterday, he is where my gut points me. Unlike Ms. Clutch's gut yesterday there is no secret behind the scenes thing telling me this, and I'm ready to move the vote if something else springs up or someone makes a compelling case.

3 minutes ago, Zepher said:

For now I will Vote: Nash Bricksman (medium snowman) . Based solely off voting record and behavior yesterday, he is where my gut points me. Unlike Ms. Clutch's gut yesterday there is no secret behind the scenes thing telling me this, and I'm ready to move the vote if something else springs up or someone makes a compelling case.

I can't seem to copy the formatting for yesterdays quotes correctly (I miss the plaintext editor :cry_sad:), but Thelma and I's posts, both fairly lengthy, were posted within 5 minutes of each other. Go check the timestamps if you don't believe me. While Thelma appears to have started the votes for Glenn, we both voted at almost the same time, and there is no way I could have composed my entire argument complete with quotes within 5 minutes. Therefore your argument that Thelma can't be scum because she was the first to vote doesn't really hold much weight.

In addition, I outlined my reasoning fairly well, it was not a throwaway vote. Glenn had parroted many posts, and then voted for Ari with almost no reasoning. It is very similar to what Thelma had to say here, though I said it first. :blush: 

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Would you not find [Glenn] suspicious? What do I claim to know something about the person I'm voting for, and why am I withholding it? In my eyes, it's just a way to jump over having a reason to vote for someone, and is incredibly sheepish. It looks productive, but it's ultimately hollow.

I don't think there necessarily has to be a scum between Thelma, Finn, and I, though I admit it is reasonable.

My point being, I had solid evidence behind my vote, it wasn't a throwaway, and Glenn was acting very suspicious yesterday until she revealed that she had been contacted about Ari. I think my vote on her was justified, but I didn't hesitate to retract it when she shared her reasoning behind her initially scummy vote.

For now, I will Vote: Rosamunde Bricke (Rider Raider) because fishing for night action targets is just not something any townie would have any reason to do. :wacko:

**fishing for night action targets from the only publically claimed power role, too!

7 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

one of us was cleared last night.  

And who's that?

To me it was a far too muddled up event with way too many facets to draw any clean conclusion from, so I'd wager there was a lot of scum misinformation going around that we didn't notice. I think it's unwise to count anyone as in the clear yet. Also, who's hungry?

1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

And who's that?

To me it was a far too muddled up event with way too many facets to draw any clean conclusion from, so I'd wager there was a lot of scum misinformation going around that we didn't notice. I think it's unwise to count anyone as in the clear yet. Also, who's hungry?

Do you want this information to be revealed in public and tell the whole world who is cleared? This is insane especially if this person who is cleared and is also not in danger. I don't get it and why the need to expose? Because I know who's cleared? Well the Burpamounts already knew their teammates in secret and are plotting our deaths. There's no reason to put that cleared citizen in danger. The source already proven to me that the investigation is sane and I will put my life for this very person, no matter the cause. 

10 hours ago, TinyPiesRUs said:

I'm still not sure how any of that made Clutch scummy. The way I saw it, his actions were far too bold for a Burpamounter. 

Do you think everyone else voted for Clutch for the same reasons you did? Do the other votes for Clutch not strike you as scummy?

I see what you're saying, but the aim of the scum is to chaos in the town and confuse them, and if you look back on Day 2, then I'd say mission accomplished, he copied someone else's reasons into his own post and used that as a basis for voting, and then when multiple people questioned him about it, he said he couldn't reveal anything. That too me was enough to cast my vote on him.

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

Finn strikes a strange chord with me on only one count: his weird insistence that there COULD be a jail keeper. Might this be to make the blocker not think about who they blocked night one?

How is that weird? A jail keeper is a very common role in a game, and it was merely a suggestion as to why there was no night kills. I'm not sure why you would find that suspicious.

You also seem to be obsessed with myself, Thelma and Nash, I'm not saying one of us can't be scum, but it almost feels like you're trying divert the attention from other players onto us. 

6 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

I'm on the fence about this, for a scum to go and directly ask a PR role for the results is an incredibly bold and risky move to make. But then on the other hand, Mr Plastic specifically stated yesterday, he had a "Plan B" if you like, should he die in the night, so there shouldn't have been any reason for any players to conatact him (unless of course they're a PR role). 

9 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

William already said yesterday he made arrangements in the event that he was killed last night, so why would you feel the need to reach out to him again?

I must've skimmed over this, sorry. :blush:

9 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

As far as I know, you're not cleared either- why would William intrust you with this information?

I never specified he had to tell me. I told him to tell myself or anyone else, because that info needed to get out.

6 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Do you want this information to be revealed in public and tell the whole world who is cleared? This is insane especially if this person who is cleared and is also not in danger. I don't get it and why the need to expose? Because I know who's cleared? Well the Burpamounts already knew their teammates in secret and are plotting our deaths. There's no reason to put that cleared citizen in danger. The source already proven to me that the investigation is sane and I will put my life for this very person, no matter the cause. 

Cool beans, bro.