My goal as usual is a strong and playable MOC, I think it will have steering, fake engine and a pneumatic tilting bed. I am not sure with the suspension, it works fine but I don´t like having it only on the front wheels. I like the sturdy and narrow rear axle and the parts that prevent the axle of the front wheels from sliding in.

259X7UC.jpg?1ionPbHy.jpg?1bcYK8JN.jpg?1HLIFfab.jpg?1ZZLB7Qm.jpg?1yR7nbQY.jpg?1

Maybe you could put a balljoint frame between rear wheels to get suspension? 

37 minutes ago, Xewyz2001 said:

Maybe you could put a balljoint frame between rear wheels to get suspension? 

In fact in my bigger dumper I did it but in this case doing it the axles would slide off the differential with the wheels, I want robust MOCs over all.

You can probably work in a pendular solution. If you use a couple of small turntables you should be able to preserve the model's robustness.

5 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

In fact in my bigger dumper I did it but in this case doing it the axles would slide off the differential with the wheels, I want robust MOCs over all

Is it possible to place it the other way around, the frame in the chassis and the small connector on the axle?

Balljoint idea is difficult I don't have space for the rods or good place for the pneumatic cylinders, small turntables maybe a good idea I have to try, first time I use this hubs and the steering is very good.

Small turntable tried, it works but I can only use 1 turntable, so the rear axle is too unstable, but using 2 of them can be a great solution for another small MOC. My goal now is to choose the type of truck and make a preliminar body to know the space that I will have, probably will be a small dumper because they have large cabin and smaller wheels in proportion to the large ones, I will need all the space that I can get, another big problem will be where to put the hand of god steering, maybe a small steering wheel inside the cabin would be an option, we will see.

Maybe something similar.

fCPA7kB.jpg?1

I always build in miniature but sometimes my MOCs are too much miniatures together :laugh: . Skill? no my friend... skill would be to finish just 1 of each 5 MOCs started :hmpf_bad: .

You can replace the rear turntable with a frictionless pin to save space. Only the front one is necessary since it relieves the drivetrain of any coaxial load.

So far it looks simple and sturdy :thumbup:. Every fifth moc is finished - that is a good prototype development

8 hours ago, suffocation said:

You can replace the rear turntable with a frictionless pin to save space. Only the front one is necessary since it relieves the drivetrain of any coaxial load.

You are right again, I will try again.

Playing with suspensions... crazy enough or not?, it works very good normal springs were very big for this scale, I am working in the rear axle too.

9IWYF6H.jpg?1

VHXXNw8.jpg?1

ecafHgn.jpg?1

F3ltjqr.jpg?1

EnYzUPU.jpg?1

Interesting concept for front suspension :thumbup:

For HOG steering you can use fake air filters; many mining trucks have air filters air inakes in front so this could be idea, only look after ftont of vehiche that should not be to heavy. Good progress so far

I know how difficult it is to build small and efficient. A lot try and error, but you find some first simple solution. I can't wait to see the next.

Another nice progress, pendular rear axle robust and functional, use the turntable is a great idea but what would happen without it?, I could gain a stud, we will see how it ends. Thank you for the nice comments I always try to do my best and I hope some idea will be usefull for somebody. For me the challenge is to build small, you learn a lot and you get to the big constructions with many good lessons learned.

k2nhfrQ.jpg?1

bRgsqL2.jpg?1

thNrjFJ.jpg?1

b6qPbGr.jpg?1

8 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Another type of rear closed axle.

I assume the sole purpose of this design is to allow the use of the 5.5L axle with stop, since they cannot be fit into the 5x7 frame. I may have to keep this for future replication, ahem, reference. :wink:

On 6/8/2017 at 5:15 AM, Beck said:

I assume the sole purpose of this design is to allow the use of the 5.5L axle with stop, since they cannot be fit into the 5x7 frame. I may have to keep this for future replication, ahem, reference. :wink:

You are right :thumbup: .

This MOC is being more fun than expected because it gives much to think, the final rear axle is the most strong type I could do so it has pendular suspension. It is very modular and I have done most difficult part... two L pneumatic cylinders with special linkage to the bed because they are not long enough. I am still thinking in the steering and the air, in the pic the pump is connected to the drive axle but It could be better to make a crank somewhere and put a fake one cylinder engine, if it fits :laugh: . Sorry about the pics, you know me guys... I will never change.

v4UVbuc.jpg?1

q0SfZuY.jpg?1

nUeVB9V.jpg?1

It is starting to take nice boxy shape (like it should be). Nice from you to make belly shots.

One cylinder engine, hm perhaps it would be less unusual to make V2 engine? Please do not use chains as LEGO did with their mining truck.

That's nice, in that scale or any scale. Good work, looking forward to seeing the finished article 

A lot of things to say, pendular suspension with stops to prevent the wheels can touch somewhere, independent front suspension with short travel, 2 cylinders fake engine, special linkage for the tilting bed (WIP), steering wheel (WIP) and pneumatic circuit (WIP) that will be a nightmare... At the moment we have some modular parts and very easy to separate, wheels, rear axle, main frame with front axle, pneumatics and fake engine and secundary frame with the bed and the special linkage, 4 parts in total that make the construction more easy for me for add changes and for everybody to build it.

MuGq84L.jpg?1

IKyYOsM.jpg?1

AqhOYFc.jpg?1

jZTRq5J.jpg?1