BrickWild

60th Anniversary of the LEGO Brick (2018) - Your Predictions

Recommended Posts

Only one more year to go until the 60th Anniversary of the LEGO Brick! :grin:

And 2018 is going to be a good year for me as I might be going to LEGOland Billund for the park's 50th Anniversary celebrations!

Hoping for some special commemorative sets in the Creator category for instance.

What are your predictions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 is also the fortieth birthday of classic space & classic castle. I'm hoping Lego will do something special for those two themes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed! I certainly have high hopes for next year, especially for the Creator theme just like you've mentioned, including other members here such as @danth, @LegoMonorailFan, and others. :sweet:

While a large, commemorative D2C for the Castle or Space themes would be amazing, I'm counting on some non-Expert Creator sets for those two. Pirates, on the other hand, could be seen for 2019 instead for that theme's 30th anniversary, at least that is what everyone is expecting.

Now we just need @Sir von Lego to fill us in on winter 2018 Creator sets to see what is in store.

Hey, great topic by the way! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they might make a golden Lego brick and enscribe "60th Anniversary" or something similar into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will get 5 sets especially for the celebration "60 years" topic.

For one particular theme or across several different themes? *oh2*

Now I'm seriously hyped! :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blacked out (not really, but without images, just boxes) but seems to be a new theme. One looks like a creator box in shape like a brick, and the smallest one should be around 5.99 to 9.99..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why this hasn't occured to me before, but it just hit me, 2018 will also be the 20th anniversary of the Adventurers theme. Perhaps maybe we could see something in store for then? :purrr:

7 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Blacked out (not really, but without images, just boxes) but seems to be a new theme. One looks like a creator box in shape like a brick, and the smallest one should be around 5.99 to 9.99..

A new theme?! *huh* That's quite unexpected, could we be seeing something like the Lego Legends line from the early 2000's?

By the way @Sir von Lego, speaking of Creator, do you know anything about sets for that theme next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

Going to the year 2018 some Town Plan, to celebrate 60 years Town Plan ??? @Sir von LegoCould you give us lights? :) :laugh::classic:

Like I said: boxes without pictures, just numbers and prices, no info on names nor content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Like I said: boxes without pictures, just numbers and prices, no info on names nor content.

Can you list the prices please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Only one more year to go until the 60th Anniversary of the LEGO Brick! :grin:

... What are your predictions?

Not really a prediction and possibly just a nod to the LEGO brick's 60th anniversary, but one of the costumed characters from a forthcoming CMF range will be dressed as a LEGO brick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Like I said: boxes without pictures, just numbers and prices, no info on names nor content.

By the way, is this brick shaped box you speak of like the plastic boxes utilized for the Classic and Juniors themes, or is it a brick shaped cardboard box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it is the box from classic. I would suggest that we will get 5 sets placed in different themes (f.e. the box a classic one) ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we just have to hope that whoever was responsible for celebrating 40 years of Lego Technic in 2017 is not responsible for the 60th Anniversary of the Lego brick next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps we'll get a classic space set? But like an updated version,like how they updated the town plan set for 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31.7.2017 at 11:22 PM, paul_delahaye said:

I think we just have to hope that whoever was responsible for celebrating 40 years of Lego Technic in 2017 is not responsible for the 60th Anniversary of the Lego brick next year!

Yes, it seems they started the celebrations one year to early :tongue:
Hope for a nice castle set with some new animals, sheep, deer, crow maybe :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than more prominent examples, such as the five unknown sets SVL has mentioned here, I wonder if we will see 60th anniversary references spread throughout sets in other themes just as subtle easter eggs. 

Specifically, we could see many City products that could reference past notable sets, and Nexo Knights could include stronger 40th anniversary references to Classic Castle in next year's sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm setting my expectations low on this one. I'm not expecting anything more than Classic sets. Anything more will be more than welcome, but I don't want to get my hopes up only to be met with disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will just have to wait and see, but I could see next year's Creator Expert modular being riddled with many references and easter eggs to the System's 60th anniversary, at the very least that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A Creator Expert museum seems very appropriate for an anniversary.  A large brick museum jam-packed with references to old themes. It sure would excite a lot of people. 

I'm hoping for a CMF series with updated versions of old characters from different themes. With the emphasis on 'updated', not just new interpretations. Similar to the updated Johnny Thunder from a Lego Movie set. 

Edited by Glerick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Glerick said:

I'm hoping for a CMF series with updated versions of old characters from different themes. With the emphasis on 'updated', not just new interpretations. Similar to the updated Johnny Thunder from a Lego Movie set. 

The current rumor is for a costume series, so it would probably just be new figures dressed as the old ones.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:54 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

We will just have to wait and see, but I could see next year's Creator Expert modular being riddled with many references and easter eggs to the System's 60th anniversary, at the very least that is. 

That's more likely than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Glerick said:

A Creator Expert museum seems very appropriate for an anniversary.  A large brick museum jam-packed with references to old themes. It sure would excite a lot of people. 

That's an excellent idea, certainly would be a easter egg bomb of references! :thumbup: :sweet:

7 hours ago, Glerick said:

I'm hoping for a CMF series with updated versions of old characters from different themes. With the emphasis on 'updated', not just new interpretations. Similar to the updated Johnny Thunder from a Lego Movie set. 

I really wish something like this was happening, but instead, we are getting an entire CMS of stupid* costumed figures for the minifigure's 40th anniversary next year. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry, but not only do I not care for those CMFs, to do that seems like such a waste of an occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I really wish something like this was happening, but instead, we are getting an entire CMS of stupid* costumed figures for the minifigure's 40th anniversary next year. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry, but not only do I not care for those CMFs, to do that seems like such a waste of an occasion.

Maybe it will be more like S14 Monsters, with the characters in "costumes." I'm hoping that's the case for most of the series, but at least a few figures will follow this format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Maybe it will be more like S14 Monsters, with the characters in "costumes." I'm hoping that's the case for most of the series, but at least a few figures will follow this format.

Well, this is what has been so far confirmed by various sources on @Robert8's S18 Rumor topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.