Sariel

Another YouTuber stealing your Technic videos

48 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I personally think that's fair. They didn't steal/copy the video. They didn't claim it was their own MOC, and they did build it with their own parts, looking at the wheels. It's like posting a review online in my opinion. 

Ok, thought putting "NMOC" may have helped.

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

He's clearly stolen the video, but I don't get how he's made it 5 minutes longer...

It's simple - the original video is played 2 times, you can see it restarts in the middle.

People like this don't have a viewers base or infrastructure, he has 36 views, half of those are probably his mom:head_back:
Still a sad display, good spot.

These are the worst:
this one

This someone who copied my video DIRECTLY to facebook and has 9100 views at this moment.

They have another one of my video's up there in a similar fashion, and I reported both to facebook 2 days ago but they're still up!:damn:
Facebook is deliberately slow with taking down copyright infringing content, and there's basically no penalty for the poster.

PS: @Sariel I tag you so you see the above, and to notify you the same channel steals your video's LINK

Edited by shadow_elenter

I occasionally post links to YouTube videos of MOCs from people on here to my Work Car Club page but always make them aware its not my work

I'd never consider using the video on my own YouTube channel though

8 minutes ago, shadow_elenter said:

These are the worst:
this one

This someone who copied my video DIRECTLY to facebook and has 9100 views at this moment.

This site/business has a long history doing this, if you check their page it is full of such videos. They think if they indicate who's the original creator (strictly text only, no links to the original content) then it's completely fine. They posted once one of my videos, I contacted them via Fb message to have it removed, unfortunately I did not start with a report to Facebook. Here is our conversation:

Me: Hi! Please remove my video (took from RacingBrick YouTube channel), I did not give you authorization to use my video on your Facebook page to promote your business. Sharing a YouTube video's link via Facebook is a common practice but this is different. I understand that you'd like to drive traffic to your own Facebook page but this is a bad business practice, please stop doing this - I see you're actively uploading other creators' videos as well.

Oldlego guy: obviously I will do it with extreme pleasure, if you do not understand the advantage it is not my fault. Goodbye

And he banned me immediately after. So as you see the guy even thinks he's doing good for the creators, which means he's either plain stupid or thinks that I'm stupid enough to get this. Anyway, the more creators report the videos uploaded by them to Facebook the better, maybe he gets the message one day.

10 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I occasionally post links to YouTube videos of MOCs from people on here to my Work Car Club page but always make them aware its not my work

A link to a youtube video is a good thing, that way the content creator just gets more views (even if they feel the urge to claim it's theirs).

If someone downloads a video and then re-uploading it, that's when the views go lost and that's when I personally take offence.

3 hours ago, SNIPE said:

video stolen from sariel:

Actually, no. I don't know whose video is it, but it's not mine.

Why don't you think this guy created this video himself? Too professional for 36 views?

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

Why don't you think this guy created this video himself? Too professional for 36 views?

It was stolen from Brick Builder. The original has upwards of 10M views and I have watched it several times.

30 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

It was stolen from Brick Builder. The original has upwards of 10M views and I have watched it several times.

Aaah, if you know this, that's ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Hello,

My Video was also stolen and cutted , it was shared on Facebook many 1000 times . Some friends posted the links to me .

I found not the YT channel of him . the good Thing is , there is no adv. on it .

An other good Thing with FB is : FB is very short timed , the Posts are forgotten after 1 or 2 weeks .

The same at "Bored Panda" and similar channels . There´s a short Hype , then it´s over and forgotten .

But what else ; my Video will scatch 2,500,000 clicks next week

Maybe to "defend" video we need to put some logo on it. I will try to implement it in my nearest video.

9 hours ago, Aleh said:

Maybe to "defend" video we need to put some logo on it. I will try to implement it in my nearest video.

The problem with that is people can just cut it out either by trimming the video lengh or "cropping" the video.

Maybe put it in a part of the video where it cannot be cropped out without cropping part of the video out too.

Edited by SNIPE

If there was a good, easy and viable solution to this, big companies would already be doing it on mass scale, buy even they can't fully stop this (yet).

The best thing for now is notifying each other like this so the content creator can take it down by filing a complaint.

I wish that all sites were required by law to pay the revenue someone gained on an illegal post to the original content creator when they file a copyright claim.
That way they get a bit of a hassle when someone illegally posts something, and they might actively try to prevent this.

36 minutes ago, shadow_elenter said:

I wish that all sites were required by law to pay the revenue someone gained on an illegal post to the original content creator when they file a copyright claim.

Facebook cheats this because they gain money for any videos. They also have it rigged so that the time the video goes down, it has reached peak views. This encourages the copying.

6 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

That way they get a bit of a hassle when someone illegally posts something, and they might actively try to prevent this.

No thanks. There were cases where several hour long conference videos have been banned or demonetized only because some has been playing a music in background during one of the breaks. Like come on, 99.5% of the video is original content. Why should someone else gain $$$ because of some minor issue?

Ideally such system should be flexible, for cases I mentioned above, unlike it is "all or nothing" now.

@Sariel do you get tip's or do you actively search for thieves every once in a while? and if so, how?
Because this channel has 5 subs and 450 views total...

How do you stumble upon something like that?

I've tried to report it using youtube stupid channel reporting page  but it is the biggest load of crap ive ever seen.

I officially give up trying. and youtube can go screw themselves.

Edited by SNIPE

I made a Report about my stolen Video , after 2-3 weeks the channel was down . :classic:

But

after 1 month was it online again ! :damn:

He has much sampler and thousends of followers , millions clicks