Sariel

Another YouTuber stealing your Technic videos

Guys,

Check this YT channel: https://www.youtube....&view=0&sort=dd

Whoever runs is does a very poor job in stealing videos from many builders here. He stole stuff from Madoca, Lucioswitch and several others. Good news is, together you can take the videos and his entire channel down.

Here's how to proceed if you see your video was stolen - what I describe below is how to get the stolen copy taken down:

1. Go here: https://support.goog.../answer/2807622

2. Check "Copyright infringement" first, then "I am!" next.

3. Fill the rest of the form. Don't worry, it's unlikely that YT will share the data you provide with anyone, most they usually do is to provide the name of the YT channel that demanded video takedown. I know, I'm getting my videos stolen all the time.

4. Check all legal checkboxes, type your name and submit the claim.

You should get an email confirming that your takedown claim is being processed and within 24 hours the stolen video is usually taken down. Here's the nice part: for every video YT recognizes as stolen and takes it down, the thief gets a so-called strike. If he gets 3 strikes, his entire channel is taken down. Which may sound cruel, but consider this:

- he benefits from all your heavy work by simply copying a video

- he gets views that you should be getting

- he may trick people into actually believing these are his videos and his creations

- there is nothing really valuable on his entire channel, just some stolen stuff and some childish attempts at filming

- he will continue stealing more & more

I really despise content thieves, they are the worst of the worst, so I wanted to bring this to your attention and to help you solve it. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Rest assured, submitting such a notice will not affect your original video in any way. You're just helping YT to deal with very stupid people.

Edited by Sariel

I have seen the stolen video from Lucio today, he even didn't tried to copy it well. Just full screen and bandicam *facepalm*

This is one of the reasons i stopped with my you tube channel some time ago. :hmpf_bad:

Too bad. This way the bad guys basically win and we don't get to see your amazing stuff :(

I think that guy wants to be banned (and i hope he will); i have reported the channel directly to YouTube e-mail, lets hope they do something about that guy.

Well, luckily he's very small fish I'd say. Hardly over 100 videws on his videos.

Anyway, I tried following your steps Sariel but the first one fail already. It automatically redirects me onto the form which assumes that it is MY content being copied. I could research some more but I sort of doubt it really matters :) Hopefully they shut him down based on your report or some others who succeed.

Edwin - that's a shame... is it worth it? Not to share some great video content just because copiers? I mean, they can copy your images as well, much more easily in fact. I don't see an irritation from copyright issues as a solid (single) reason for quitting the channel :) Unless there was more to it.

EDIT: I should better read twice before taking action. Browsing over the post fast, I thought you were askibg others to report the guy. Now I can see it's just advice for others with similar trouble. Thanks ;)

Edited by krisandkris12

Well, luckily he's very small fish I'd say. Hardly over 100 videws on his videos.

The Lucioswitch's trucks alone is nearing 1,000.

Anyway, I tried following your steps Sariel but the first one fail already. It automatically redirects me onto the form which assumes that it is MY content being copied.

Of course it does. If you could report someone else's content being stolen, I would have dealt with this guy myself and spare all you folks the trouble.

i have reported the channel directly to YouTube e-mail, lets hope they do something about that guy.

I'm afraid this has smaller chance of success than takedown requests. Requests are automated and fast, an email need someone at YT to actually read it and care about it.

Edited by Sariel

I reported his channel for scam/ fraud and included links to all the original vids. probably won't do much, but it's the least I can do to help. will try the form in a bit.

How do you find such channels? It is so minor, barely exist.

How do you find such channels? It is so minor, barely exist.

His video was in my recommendations yesterday, I guess Sariel found him a similar way

Channel reported.

Too bad. This way the bad guys basically win and we don't get to see your amazing stuff :(

Ditto

Maybe it is just some 9yo kid, who is deluded by "likes" and "views" world. Maybe one polite email will do the trick.

Maybe I am naive.

Edited by J_C

Probably using a watermark or logo in the vids makes these frauds job harder. They have to edit it out (if they are capable to do it at all.) If it sounds stupid that is because I'm new in the business. :blush: I'm sharing vids to entertain, not for views or subscribers. Never had the intention to earn money (besides I am nowhere close to this by the numbers) so if this would happen to me I wouldn't stop sharing. But luckily I consider myself a small fish, hopefully far from this "danger" :sweet:

Edited by Attika

Maybe one polite email will do the trick.

Someone already told him something in the comments and he didn't care.

Thanks buddy, but i my mind the youtube watchers have lost and post only here at EB and Mocpage :laugh: :laugh: .

I got rely sick from all the negative side effects of Y.T

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Probably using a watermark or logo in the vids makes these frauds job harder. They have to edit it out (if they are capable to do it at all.) If it sounds stupid that is because I'm new in the business. :blush: I'm sharing vids to entertain, not for views or subscribers. Never had the intention to earn money (besides I am nowhere close to this by the numbers) so if this would happen to me I wouldn't stop sharing. But luckily I consider myself a small fish, hopefully far from this "danger" :sweet:

but if you noticed, he didn't even try to hide lucio's name on the crash tender, so I'm inclined to believe that stuff wouldn't help much...

Thanks a lot Sariel to have reported it! I just submitted the requests for take down my two videos!

I guess, if you think about it, this could kind of be taken like a compliment, that someone thought your video was good enough to steal... :wink:

I guess, if you think about it, this could kind of be taken like a compliment, that someone thought your video was good enough to steal... :wink:

A compliment, :angry:

This is stealing someone else is property.

This happened to me, and the channel was gone within 24 hours of me filing appropriate copyright claims against his videos. Don't worry!

Stealing a video from another YouTube channel is of course unacceptable. Something similar actually happened to me today, someone sold instructions for my Bus MOC on eBay for 20€. The listing was removed immediately after I contacted the seller, but the listing page said that one copy was already sold.

Edited by HallBricks

This has happened to Tommy styrvoky before and technic dragon, I really don't know why people do this

Sheesh. 18 subscribers from all that copied stuff. Even my highly unprofessional channel has 33 subs off far fewer videos. Why bother?

These people are a blight to Youtube and I hope this channel gets deleted. Not acceptable at all.