After a year of thought, weeks of work, and a failed debut at Brickworld Chicago 2017, I am proud to finally be able to share this creation.

Inspired by M. C. Escher's "Waterfall", watch as a stream of crystals flow upstream and cascade back down.

My ideas for this project began to swirl around in my head a couple weeks before Brickworld 2016. The idea of manipulating small particles in a GBC like fashion sounded like an interesting challenge, and a fountain or flowing water affect seemed like the best approach. While at the one of the stores in Chicago, I saw an open case of Trans-Blue Rock 1 x 1 Jewel 24 Facet. Obviously the logical conclusion was to go ahead and purchase about 4-5 cups of the stuff! :laugh:

36117010561_c8e56c839a_c.jpg

The trickiest part of working with such as small element is avoiding ways for them to get stuck in the mechanisms. The elements that made the whole thing work were also the bane of its existence! Trial and error, and identifying pinch points was the key.

36251740495_49ce47a369_c.jpg

The entire model is ran off of two Power Functions L-Motors, one at the base, and one on the 3rd ladder from the top. Each ladder is connected to each other through 40t gears, to ensure even transfer of power.

35418457534_0c8749de69_c.jpg

I step away for one minute and look who I find fooling about in the fountain!

Thanks for taking a look at my model, I hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by Jarren

The speed at which the jewels move is impressive and the fountain works flawlessly. It is mesmerizing to watch!  Amazing work