Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

A journey to Mitgardia

Albion was eager to get back to Mitgardia and Steen Larsson. de Gothia and Albion were heading up to Thorshaven but decided to spend the night in the castle of the Bear Clan. They were a stubborn and proud people living in the mountains of Mitgardia. Some say thet were big dwarfs and the Bears didn´t say anything about that, perhaps they were, perhaps not. But their taste for gold and digging was in their blood. 

35443762023_1bda62cfe4.jpgA journey to Mitgardia by de Gothia, on Flickr

35443763323_0512f63305.jpgA journey to Mitgardia by de Gothia, on Flickr

35443763993_a66348b85a.jpgBear soldiers by de Gothia, on Flickr

35443754113_86af585d9e.jpgA journey to Mitgardia by de Gothia, on Flickr

36081468282_d229d29ed3.jpgRoom by de Gothia, on Flickr

Time have been against me and my bricks. This have been finished for quite some time now. 

Thanks to SK and Little John for their great homepage with all great tutorials! I may have borrowed some ideas! :)

C&C most welcome

Really cool Mitgardian build dG! :grin:  The brown and dark tan work really well.  And great interior!  There's even a pigpen inside! :laugh:

I like the winding path through the rock work, the imposing walls with just the right amount of texture for a well maintained fortress. But most of all I like the furniture within. The chairs, dressers and tables are amazing!

I really like, quite similar to something I'm still building right now ... Anyway, hope the rumors of Steens demise are not true and that you will find him in or near Thorshaven ...

A nice castle with very clean lines, DG! It looks well-maintained, as others have said, rather than being all run-down and decrepit. I have a few small critiques: one, I don't like the blue technic connectors used to connect the icicles to the building, as they look unnatural and out of place; two, the grill bricks in the wall throw off the texture to me, as they only work (in my opinion) in walls that go to an extreme of texture, rather than something simpler like this one; and three, the tree seems too large and sprawling to me. Some things I like: one, the SNOT beams holding up the top story of the tower; two, the snow around the castle; three, the interior, particularly the various dressers and cupboards; and four, the way the path wends its way through the rocks. Good to see you building, DG!

Nicely done, dG, and great to see something from you again! :thumbup:  The windows above the door are really catching my attention, and the interior is excellent as well :classic:  I may have to borrow that candle-stick design sometime! :grin:

Thanks guys! 

The design of the candle stick was stole...I mean borrowed from brickbuilt by SK and little john :)

The blue technic connectors were only for the idea stadium and was meant to be replaced... but the MOC was ready for so many weeks and then I forgot about it!

The tree was a tricky one, I didn´t it to be to small next to the large tower. My idea was to buy some white leaves on BL but that price was scary!!

I don´t know if I agree about the grill bricks. I like them as they break up the wall and I think that the castles back then (even the smooter and cleaner) had some areas were the wall was more worned down. But that´s the beauty with Lego, we all like different things! :)

Cheers again guys!

Quite a beautiful castle, dG! The winding path through the rock reminds me of ZC's work :thumbup: Excellent snow work too, the little touches like brown carrot tops peeking through in various spots are great details.
The various additions and niches in the fortress really bring it to life, and it has a great rugged aesthetic :wub:
So many details packed inside too!

Edited by soccerkid6

A very nice build indeed Goth! As others have stated, the interior is really well done sir!

An excellent castle !

It has nice clear lines and appears as a solid stronghold like that. 

Like other said, the interior is very well done. It brings the castle to life.

Geat job !

Sweet! :wub: I really like the landscaping, and the colourscheme is very nice too (especially the dark tan for the timbered sections :thumbup:)

Yea, I've found BB a very useful site as well :wink: 

Thanks again! Now Im sold into building with interiors!! Its all brickbuilts fault!:p