The rules I am outlining for myself for this different no electric motors, no batteries, 100% Lego, and No Pneumatics. I am doing this because of the cheap price of Pull-Back Motors on BL, so I thought It would be worth a try!

My first idea was basically to use a singe pull back and go motor and the large motorcycle wheels. It would look something like this:

800x566.jpg

But It was not fast enough ( :

So I have the Idea to actually add more Pull-Back motors. Using 4 of the newest ones I am hoping to get an increased speed using this method I have 3 more of these motors on order and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.

I want to see if anyone else on this forum might have another idea I am willing to hear their ideas.

Edited by Bostons Brick Closet
Added Pic and Better Explanations

3 hours ago, rollermonkey said:

I wonder if you could put 40T gears on the sprung axle and 16T gears on the wheeled axle. :) 

Yeah, I think you should gear it up, the pullbacks have lots of torque 

22 hours ago, Bostons Brick Closet said:

Sure I'll try that!

I tried gearing up a pullback once, 3:1 and 1.667:1 both stalled it.

Not sure a pullback will give you the power you need.  But, there are other methods that use no pneumatic elements, no motors, etc where lego can still go pretty fast.

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Not sure a pullback will give you the power you need.  But, there are other methods that use no pneumatic elements, no motors, etc where lego can still go pretty fast.

Not really what I was thinking about, but pretty cool.

How about using two pullback motors for front and rear wheels, with different gear ratios? For example, the rear, high torque one provides fast start and the front, geared up "sustainer" provides some extra speed.

Also, reducing mass would help. For example, by using single motorcycle wheel on the back and two small wheels in front.