Spud The Viking

[GBW-CP3] New Brickika - Advancing on an arid base

Map Name: Studica

Grid: E5

Size: 48x48

Due to great mobility, the New Brickika armed forced quickly advanced to enemy positions. A coordinated effort with Erotema took down an enemy fighter jet which was crashed inside the military facility. Sadly, it looked like the pilot could not eject in time.

The base had a railway line in front of the gate but being so remote, the place was clearly being covered in sand due to lack of care taking. 

36072572552_240337bfc3_z.jpgGreat Brick War Campaign 3 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

The commander insisted that he should lead from the front. One of our men was already picked off by a sniper in the tower.

36105271531_7b3b43867c_z.jpgGreat Brick War Campaign 3 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

35846973050_346f4d1653_z.jpgGreat Brick War Campaign 3 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Again, Erotema came to our aid as a Humvee rolled up to the gate. I managed to shoot the last guard and an Erotema soldier did some counter-sniping.

36105277441_db0d2db8af_c.jpgGreat Brick War Campaign 3 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

One of their medics also came to the aid of our wounded commander, though he still insisted a real leader should take the front of a charge!

A small victory perhaps, but these small gains can ensure the overall defeat of our foes!

Spoiler

I decide to take some advice and photograph my build outside but I had to wait a while on the Scottish weather permitting me.

I also had a little helper out to oversee my work.

35433676233_3660f70671_c.jpgGreat Brick War Campaign 3 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

35846968920_6dd8cd5425_c.jpgGreat Brick War Campaign 3 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

The COAC rules! Nice build, the effect of the downed plane is excellent. The obstacles and fence are good too.

45 minutes ago, sigpro said:

The COAC rules! Nice build, the effect of the downed plane is excellent. The obstacles and fence are good too.

Thanks for the kind words. 

I saw it first in FlickR and I was sure there will be an interesting story behind that. It's a nice build with 3 different terrain types. 

You’ve been awarded (8) points.

Judges’ comments…

This is a great balanced build. I sat looking at it trying to take in its detail, which is kind of the point. Honestly I was most intrigued by the Hummer, I wanna see more of that. Nice.

A crashed jet, a fence line, a tower, and a roadway with a toy soldier HMMWV....I kid, I always think of that when I see the standard green entirely used on a military vehicle. My only concern is the use of the jet in this build, and although the focus isn't entirely on that, you still have it used as a feature in your build, but your focus was the team so good balancing act. You went outside for the pics, and the lighting shows, great job. Although, a solid color base/backer will help if you choose to do photoshop or just to focus the build. The grass pulls the viewer away for a moment.

There are some great details here. I love the watchtower; great execution with the angled legs. The railroad is great, too, with just enough ballast showing through the sand. The crashed aircraft looks fine, too, but perhaps adding some debris would help make the crash a little more convincing. Finally, I’d note that the coordination with Erotema is well done. After seeing both stories, the coordination becomes much clearer with the aircraft and the reinforcements. One point is that the Eroteman Humvee is a little rough around the edges in places, but I can’t fault you too much for not being able to replicate another player’s vehicles.

Thanks for playing!