brickmasterben11

(GBW-CP3)-Refnor-The First Trench

Map: Briolui

Grid E5

Size: 32X32

We were marching through the fields of Briolui on our way to meet up with another squad of soldiers. Suddenly, we heard voices. I motioned to drop to the ground as we listened to Briolui soldiers in a nearby trench. They complained about how boring the country was and how they wished that they were somewhere facing combat. Their wish was about to come true. Jack and Dan ran towards the trench to provide distraction while Mike and I crawled around to the roadside of the trench. 

35615151232_b29ecc1491_n.jpg

35615150392_ae5d5856d0_n.jpg

I looked around the corner and saw 4 soldiers. I threw a flash bang and ducked back behind the wall.

35743880016_7bab51ae8a_n.jpg

35396389460_08719af8e7_n.jpg

35615159372_97f0466568_n.jpg

We ran back around the corner to find all four soldiers on the ground. By the time they could see again, they were surrounded by Refnor soldiers.

35652842361_0c6e931b14_n.jpg

35652842431_fe2b42dea1_n.jpg

We searched the trench and found a small laptop with a few locations of other outposts. We sent the info back to HQ and continued along the road into Briolui territory. 

The build:

35615149332_93bf6f73df_n.jpg

Edited by brickmasterben11
Added size and grid

Hi! I see nice details such as the trenches and vegetation. However, remember to tell the grid in which you are!

You’ve been awarded (5) points.

Judges’ comments…

Your story line building up to this was the highlight. The trench work wasn't too bad, but you can definitely push yourself to do a little more. Vary your terrain shaping and coloring a little bit more to give it a more real effect. Pictures are getting better. Solid effort!

I like the use of the lever base as your grenade, I also liked the fairly detailed floor, but would have liked to have seen a few bushes or trees? All three of the guards are looking out into the field so they most likely would have seen soldiers marching through the fields. When you take photographs, be sure to use a solid background for the ENTIRE build. Even with those overall shots, it's the ones you forget about the background or a little corner where it really stands out and can mess with your photos. Lighting isn't bad, have you considered shooting outside in the natural sunlight?

Not a bad build. I would suggest using larger pictures to help show details, but at least these are linked to a larger version. I like the effort to make the fortifications partially below ground level and you added some nice equipment. Nice job with the vegetation and with the difference in the terrain height. I would recommend adding some more details to the ground inside the trench, even some basic tan plates or trans-clear to show a puddle of water would help. I did enjoy the story, but the campaign calls for coordination with your allies. I cannot see any reference to any allied forces. This issue did not destroy your score, but they did result in the loss of a few easy points. Finally, you might consider adding some details to your soldier’s weapons to make them look more modern. There are some great designs of brick-built guns and how adding a few parts to Lego weapons can significantly enhance them.

Thanks for playing!