DwalinF

[MOC] Thane Rori Dulgisson from Karak Zorn

This time I tried myself in new genre. I've never done before big figures. So let me show you Rori Dulgisson.
Surely he was inspired by Warhammer Fantasy Battles universe. I tried to save style, proportions and sizes of warhammer dwarfs.
He turned out quite big (52 cm, 2.5 kg), strong and full of pathos. Joints are movable (arms, hands, fingers and feet), but it doesn't help because the weight is too much for joints. But dwarf can stay without any support.

Thanks to my wife for cape with runes, it makes Dwarf more realistic and "alive".

36225135715_d915e66532_c.jpg

36225133775_7a06c46e13_c.jpg

36225136625_2940c8d233_c.jpg

36225132445_ecff99f525_c.jpg

Hope you like it. More photos on my Flickr

Edited by DwalinF

Wow! This is awesome! The detail in the helmet is great! The hammer also has some nice shaping! The beard is also nice, and has a good natural look! Two small complaints, is that the legs look a little short in size comparison to the rest of the body, and the trees should be up to scale of the dwarf... I can see if there was a lack of pieces though... Besides the two nitpicks, this is a beautifully composed moc! Keep it up! :D

He looks really good. I can almost hear the clanging of the metal plates. He looks hefty and full of character. Great work! :classic:

Thank you all!

On 29.07.2017 at 2:23 AM, TheLordOfBricks said:

Wow! This is awesome! The detail in the helmet is great! The hammer also has some nice shaping! The beard is also nice, and has a good natural look! Two small complaints, is that the legs look a little short in size comparison to the rest of the body, and the trees should be up to scale of the dwarf... I can see if there was a lack of pieces though... Besides the two nitpicks, this is a beautifully composed moc! Keep it up! :D

Yes, I agree that somthing isn't so good as it should be, but after I was looking and looking at it, I understood that its not legs are small, but head is big :(

4 hours ago, DwalinF said:

Thank you all!

Yes, I agree that somthing isn't so good as it should be, but after I was looking and looking at it, I understood that its not legs are small, but head is big :(

Honestly, I like the head being big, it gives that feel of he has a big thick iron helmet on. IMO it isn't that bad... Anyways, keep up the good work! :D

A beautyfull build. I am not in to these themes, but i have to say i like this one very mutch. Great job, very good and amazing moc..

23 hours ago, MovieMocs said:

I am speachless...Mind...BLOWN!!

Yeah ,this is epic, epic stuff.............."nuff said!"

Wow! That's really cool! :thumbup:

By giving the figure a suitable pose and adding some frightened minifigures that are running away, you could turn it into a super-cool minifigure scale giant - maybe a dwarf deity of war called upon to defeat an orc army.