sigpro

[GBW] - Troop movement - Erotema – Crossing enemy lines

GRID E4 STUDICA – GRID Q6 GENERAL MAP (APPROX)

After the successful offensive movements of the COAC, it was time to seize enemy territory.

This is a territory divided by a river. Erotema is on the left and Briolui on the right. Not a very wide and deep river, but enough to difficult the crossing without special means. A lonely combatant is searching the area, with his .50 sniper rifle. He doesn´t seem to wear the standard Briolui uniform. Maybe a mercenary? A member of a local militia? Who knows…

35742260780_dde8e469f8_c.jpg1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

35742260080_3ce44e91b8.jpg2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

A few minutes later, an EROTEMA MRAPv (Mine-resistant, ambush protected vehicle) arrives at the area. They are inspecting the border.

36135283315_8beec60c40.jpg3 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

36135285485_faf4f4eb96.jpg3 1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

35294031414_dcc7f69e76.jpg3 2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

This vehicle features a quad 7.62 mm machine gun to provide support and self-defense, however other versions can carry a mortar, a TOW missile…

Suddenly, the MRAP crew spot the sniper, who opens fire against them, so they have to do something...

-Sierra 1, we are under sniper fire, we return fire, we return fire.

36135282005_84a2241e62_z.jpg4 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

And the machine guns take no time in silencing the enemy.

36135280695_d4e9e646d1_z.jpg5 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

After this small skirmish, the 2 members of the crew decide to inspect the river…

36135279115_6d8b0c6a8a_z.jpg6 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

-We need the bridge layer tank, call the HQ. Call for an EOD team and the HUMINT cell, we need to get info from that fighter´s gear but there may be bobby traps or IEDs; however we will have to identify him and take his body for a proper burial.

-Yes, Sir.

They left the area and a few minutes later a bridge layer tank arrived. As many other armoured vehicles in Erotema, it shares the same hull than the previously seen SPH and AAA tank.

36135275065_93fab8c9b9_c.jpg7 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

35294026734_d15e5c5baf_c.jpg7 1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

35742255120_be958d4c78_c.jpg7 2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

This model can save obstacles up to 14 metres long (approx). A future version will have a longer bridge (the real Leguan tank can save obstacles up to 24 m).

The first thing the tank must do is lower the front support.

36000841831_fb5433223e_c.jpg8 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

And after a short time the bridge is laid. The advantage of this sliding bridge is that it is difficult to be seen from longer distances, as the overall height is lower if we compare it with older bridge layer tanks. This model is inspired on the German Leguan bridge layer tank, in use in many European Armies.

35742252470_978ed16b1b_c.jpg9 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

35742253150_5467c87fb1_c.jpg9 1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

So the tanks can cross the river. Let´s slip the dogs of war!!!

35326769123_ddc18c7bee_c.jpg10 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

Another member of the same-hull-family. The MBT has a 125-mm smooth bore gun, a coaxial 7.62 mm machine gun and a remotely operated 7.62 mm machine gun on the turret. 16 multipurpose grenade launchers (smoke or fragmentation grenades) complete the weapons array. As it has the engine in the front, it can be used as an APC.

36135266345_3b5d1d3d8b_c.jpg11 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

35964226062_fdf79f2004_c.jpg11 1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

36135267065_ce8283a311_c.jpg11 2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

36000832301_cfc81cf77e_c.jpg12 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The bridge is left so other members of the COAC can enter Briolui with heavy vehicles.

And So you crossed the Rubicon... :devil:

Don't believe those RON deads will stay unpunished !

BTW, a great Engine you have with your Bridge Deploying device ! And a quite good tank too ! Good job !

Very good job with the bridge but also with the tank too. I like when I see large dioramas. Also I like the mystery with the dead sniper

I like the bridge veichle and the tank.

On 2017-07-29 at 8:13 AM, paintballman said:

I like when I see large dioramas.

I second on that and you make them large!

You've Been Awarded (4) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Great Job. The water here looks great how you dropped it down below level so nicely. The bridge design is also very unique, I sat staring at it for some time to understand the functionality. Very solid effort here.   

I like your build, but that scenery almost always looks the same.  The tank and the bridge layer are great, very creative build with the bridge layer.  The similar chassis that these tracked vehicles ride reminds me of how the Soviets used the same chassis over and over in their heavy vehicles; if it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Maybe throw in some figs for additional details, but I did not count that against your score at all.  Presentation wise...Build seems well lit up, but maybe throw a solid color background down, say a white or black sheet over the floor.  This way, there is no distraction from your build. Me; I'm curious about that rug!       

Tons of activity and details. The vehicles look great (though the MRAP could use a little work in my opinion), but the bridge layer takes the day. I might suggest adding some Eroteman soldiers directing the bridging operation, but that didn't hurt your score.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!