Hi community,

after reading a lot of posts in this forum i want to present to you my finished MOC of a Volkswagen Polo R WRC. I spent some month of building time to create my first own creation. Technical features are reduced to a minimum to get a first easy success.

The model is nearly in scale 1:10 and full remote controlled by one SBrick. But let us start with the framework:

800x533.jpg

The car has all-wheel drive with front, middle and rear differentials. For driving two L-motors are placed in the back. In my final version I have placed the battery box between the L-motors. The servo-motor is for steering, is located between the race seats and powers also the steering wheel.

I had a lot of space difficulties with the fake motor and the front bumper. Here is a WIP picture:

800x533.jpg

And now here are some pictures of the final version with decals:

800x480.jpg

Front:

800x533.jpg

Back:

800x533.jpg

Some interior: For Power-On you have to push the reserve tire, which covers the battery box and you can not see the power functions.

800x533.jpg

And finally the video:

I hope you like it! Give me some feedback! More pictures you find on http://bricksafe.com/pages/Nura1989/lt-vw-polo-r-wrc-full-rc

In future I want to build more complex cars, but therefore I have to build bigger. :-) So, now I am searching for remote controlled gearboxes.

Best regards

Nura

I think you have done a great job, nice, little, compact car. Good colors and i like the redbull decals..

Edited by JDL1967

Looks awesome, especially the front end. Sides are a bit cluttered with all the little pieces and colors, but overall shape is still good. Nice job on fitting in all RC stuff together with 4 wheel drive too.

I think you did great for a first creation, keep it up!

Nice build, this car looks great, especially from the front! Maybe try to make the sides a little bit cleaner with fewer colored parts mixed together, but overall, this is a really good car! :thumbup:

And welcome to EuroBricks! :classic:

Thanks to all! :-)

Yeah, the color mixed sides were difficult. I tried to get the original color scheme without using decals. Here is a picture of the original:

800x534.jpg

For my next project I will concentrate on one color. ;-) Most MOC's look better with a simple color scheme.

Jumping on this late to say it is a great MOC! Congrats.

it has also got me excited about the potential for the rumoured H1 2018 rally car official set.  Hopefully lots of scope for custom decals, a rally car is one of the few vehicles where loads of stickers looks better and not worse.

Works for me! Great job. Do I recognise those parts from the ocean explorer, 42064? Those blue panels at the front work well.

H

11 hours ago, Nura said:

Here is a picture of the original:

I see, it actually looks much better when you compare it to the original. :look:

Terrific build, more so considering it's your first MOC. Very well done.

18 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Awesome MOC!

Personally I'm not a sticker person, but in this case they certainly enhance the model. It is stunning.

I also like MOCs without decals more. For example you could build the prototype just in white. But therefore you need another solution for the hood.

On 07/28/2017 at 11:03 PM, Horace T said:

Works for me! Great job. Do I recognise those parts from the ocean explorer, 42064? Those blue panels at the front work well.

H

You are right! I just bought the ocean explorer for it. :sweet:

On 28.7.2017 at 4:10 PM, Nura said:

Technical features are reduced to a minimum

You even added technical features, as the real vehicle has no central diff (there were prototypes for 2017 season, that had one, but as VW stopped rallying after 2016 they were never used). However, it will improve the models playability.

Sorry for this criticism, but as I am currently building the exact same thing (in bigger scale), I had to mention it.

1 hour ago, Lucullus said:

You even added technical features, as the real vehicle has no central diff (there were prototypes for 2017 season, that had one, but as VW stopped rallying after 2016 they were never used). However, it will improve the models playability

That is right. I planed an all-wheel drive without thinking that the real one has no central diff. But it can be locked! :wink:

I am excited to see your results!

@Nura

Do you have an LXF file of tis model?

This modell would still be missing in my WRC series (Building Instruction like)

Edited by Thorsten50

On 08/05/2017 at 10:42 PM, Thorsten50 said:

@Nura

Do you have an LXF file of tis model?

This modell would still be missing in my WRC series (Building Instruction like)

Maybe you have recognized my questions to your software solutions. ? Last days  I tried MLCad and LDD. SR3D would be an option too. I will create an lxf file of this model and would like to have instructions.

@Nura I had written that shortly before it.

If you need help with the stickers, you can  Help you.

Edited by Thorsten50