Fifulin

My Hopes for LEGO Batman Movie Minifigure series 2

My hopes for the series.

1: Bat-Lady

2: Lady-Bat

3: Soccer Mom Batgirl

4: Gala dress Barbara Gordon

5: Harvard for police training outfit Barbara with baseball cap and reversible head with yellow glasses.

6: Trenchcoat Barbara Gordon

7: Mermaid Barbara Gordon (From the bloopers)

8: Batgirl with glowing eyes

9: Friends are Family Batgirl

10: Surfer Batgirl

And then...maybe some other figures. There were probably some other characters in the film or something, I don't know. They could probably fill some slots.

Here's a handy montage for my hopes!

montage_167.png

and there's also this in the making of book...soooo.

20170816_005135_253.png

5 hours ago, Catanas said:

My hopes 

2 hours ago, Catanas said:

my hopes!

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I think @Catanas just confirmed half the cmf are babs / batgirl!  :tongue:

3 hours ago, Catanas said:

and there's also this in the making of book...soooo.

That's pretty cool though. I sure hope it's in one of the sets, 'cuz I don't recall seeing it.

19 hours ago, Catanas said:

20170816_005135_253.png

Lego has changed from clay to 3D printing or so my friend the civil engineer said. Just before I saw Kai's hair in TLNM movie making set and now this; not I doubted my friend I'm just surprised he knew before me :laugh: 

I just want a civilian Barbara for the headpiece. Not gonna buy the Scuttler or Arkham just for that and while I did find the 2016 Scarecrow and Killer Moth I haven't found the Scuttler set on sale.

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

I just want a civilian Barbara for the headpiece. Not gonna buy the Scuttler or Arkham just for that and while I did find the 2016 Scarecrow and Killer Moth I haven't found the Scuttler set on sale.

Doesn't the Pink Power Batgirl have that same hairpiece? Only with a silver band instead of gold?

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Doesn't the Pink Power Batgirl have that same hairpiece? Only with a silver band instead of gold?

Oh my bad, I meant the actual head. :grin: Sorry. They printed a pink domino mask onto what would otherwise be the perfect face print for this version of Babs

25 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Oh my bad, I meant the actual head. :grin: Sorry. They printed a pink domino mask onto what would otherwise be the perfect face print for this version of Babs

Theres also the cop Barbara variant from CMF with a normal head. Its only the one expression though, but its cheap

Aside from the ones that have been confirmed I most want Phosphorus and the 60's suit. Did Alfred wear the cowl along with the 60's suit? I can't find any pictures online.

I'd also love to see the Beyond suit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the D2C set instead.

Edited by Megaflora

2 hours ago, Megaflora said:

Aside from the ones that have been confirmed I most want Phosphorus and the 60's suit. Did Alfred wear the cowl along with the 60's suit? I can't find any pictures online.

Pretty certain he did start off with the cowl on.

@Megaflora Alfred donned a variation of the '66 cowl, which seemed to have whiter expression lines.

Also, in the recent 2018 leaks, a City set possesses a hat/ponytail hairpiece, so I would say that a Training Barbara Gordon is quite likely.

On 21/08/2017 at 9:27 PM, latenightguy said:

@Megaflora Alfred donned a variation of the '66 cowl, which seemed to have whiter expression lines.

Also, in the recent 2018 leaks, a City set possesses a hat/ponytail hairpiece, so I would say that a Training Barbara Gordon is quite likely.

seems likely there will be at least one Barbara variant, possibly two ... as they will have to make sure there are a few female figures and so far we only have a Canary and Wonder Twin 

A bit of speculation based on the previous series: There were very few new molds. The only ones were the lobster, the inner-tube, and Eraser's head. All of these are also easy to repurpose later on. This makes me very doubtful that lego would produce any of the batsuits that would need hats molded onto the cowls. This might mean Soccer Mom is out as well, although the hood isn't as much a single-use item as the others.

Silent but Deadly doesn't require any new molds, but it looks like it would include too many parts for a cmf. I guess it could be included with only one of the guns.

I think that the most likely suits are the Baturion, Easter Bat, Racer Batman (all very likely),  Batriot, St. Batricks Day, Prom Date (somewhat likely), and maybe Batman Beyond or Arctic Bat (which just seems a little too normal for the series).

2 hours ago, Megaflora said:

A bit of speculation based on the previous series: There were very few new molds. The only ones were the lobster, the inner-tube, and Eraser's head. All of these are also easy to repurpose later on. This makes me very doubtful that lego would produce any of the batsuits that would need hats molded onto the cowls. This might mean Soccer Mom is out as well, although the hood isn't as much a single-use item as the others.

Silent but Deadly doesn't require any new molds, but it looks like it would include too many parts for a cmf. I guess it could be included with only one of the guns.

I think that the most likely suits are the Baturion, Easter Bat, Racer Batman (all very likely),  Batriot, St. Batricks Day, Prom Date (somewhat likely), and maybe Batman Beyond or Arctic Bat (which just seems a little too normal for the series).

On the strength of that the Ninjago series has Garmadons pouring out of its proverbial ears, two Lloyds with new (as in introduced within this theme) headgear, and various fish villains.

TLG are as capable of delivering good surprises as bad. None worse in this theme - to me - than Manbat with his no-change-here attitude. Considering the TMNT sets got some random new moulds once upon a time, they could have smoothed over that particular rough edge.

Also the cowl with goggles is technically new, as are Gordon's, Barbara's and Dick's hair.

I missed the googles, catman's cowl, and Harley's nurse hat. I wasn't including the hairpieces and other parts that appeared in sets released at the same time.

Shame about Manbat, he should have gotten duel colored wings and maybe the flying monkey legs.

Edited by Megaflora
addition

It's looking like we may get way fewer villains in CMF series 2 than in the first series (11 rogues) Correct me if I'm wrong but those that have been confirmed are:

1. Clock King

2. Hugo Strange

3. Killer Moth

4. Zod 

5. Possibly "tropical" Joker

hopefully we get Dr Phosphorus ( would be great with Ghost rider moulded flaming hairpiece) but any ideas who else could make up the numbers if no Phantom Zone villains? 

Another Harley variant? Other unreleased  Arkham variants eg Scarecrow? Non-licensed Phantom Zone folk such as Swamp creature?

For team Batman I hope we get 60s suit Alfred, trenchcoat Barbara or Soccer Mom, and winged avenger Robin.  

2 hours ago, AntiKragle said:

hopefully we get Dr Phosphorus ( would be great with Ghost rider moulded flaming hairpiece) but any ideas who else could make up the numbers if no Phantom Zone villains? 

Another Harley variant? Other unreleased  Arkham variants eg Scarecrow? Non-licensed Phantom Zone folk such as Swamp creature?

For team Batman I hope we get 60s suit Alfred, trenchcoat Barbara or Soccer Mom, and winged avenger Robin.  

Swamp Creature was a previously released minifig, so I doubt we'll see him. Now, Agent Smith and the generic, non-Stripe Gremlin have not been released, so they might have a chance. 

I also think that Series 2 might be a good time to release 60's suit Alfred, seeing that the Classic Batcave D2C will most likely be retired by then.

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

On 15. 8. 2017 at 11:41 PM, Catanas said:

My hopes for the series.

1: Bat-Lady

2: Lady-Bat

3: Soccer Mom Batgirl

4: Gala dress Barbara Gordon

5: Harvard for police training outfit Barbara with baseball cap and reversible head with yellow glasses.

6: Trenchcoat Barbara Gordon

7: Mermaid Barbara Gordon (From the bloopers)

8: Batgirl with glowing eyes

9: Friends are Family Batgirl

10: Surfer Batgirl

And then...maybe some other figures. There were probably some other characters in the film or something, I don't know. They could probably fill some slots.

I hope if they release Gala dress Babs, she'll have TWO new expressions.

1. Beach Batman
2. Boo Batman
3. Batsketbal Player
4. Silent but Deadly
5. Nightwing
6. Barbara Gordon - Gala
7. Soccer Mom
8. GCPD Cap Barbara
9. '60s Alfred
10. Harley with Helmet
11. Clock King
12. Hugo Strange