Sign in to follow this  
Vimes

[Comic] Lego Star Wars comic

Hi, I plan to make my first Lego comic, with a custom character in the spot light.

I'm no professional lego-builder or photoshopper, so I decided to play a little around with the options I have at hand to get used to the process of comic shots.

Here are my first attempts (with no real plot at first, just some short action):

starwarscomic01.jpg

starwarscomic02.jpg

starwarscomic03.jpg

starwarscomic04.jpg

starwarscomic05.jpg

starwarscomic06.jpg

starwarscomic07b.jpg

What do you think? Does it work? Or is it more on the silly side...?

EDIT: Speech bubbles reworked

Edited by Vimes

pretty good! *sweet* i like your originality and nice adjectives and chice of words ;-) *sweet*

Thanks for the feedback! These are just test pics, I'm not sure if I will use them in my comic.

@THE-FORCE

Yes, Lego IS silly and cool at the same time and I'll try to capture this in this project, but I feared that it'll just look silly without being cool...

pretty good! *sweet* i like your originality and nice adjectives and chice of words ;-) *sweet*

:-D Well, language is a problem for me, as I don't want to write the text in german and my english just manages to get by. I know it'll sound awkward here and there, but I would appreciate critique and advice when someone notices some mistakes or something. ;-)

@Hotshot

It's a custom build I made out of some parts from the 6208 B-Wing-Fighter Set. It's not very elegant, so I don't know if I will keep it...

@all

Thanks for the interest...

@Hotshot

It's a custom build I made out of some parts from the 6208 B-Wing-Fighter Set. It's not very elegant, so I don't know if I will keep it...

@all

Thanks for the interest...

Keep it by all means! I'm envying that model... This may be one man's opinion but it's really cool; what's more, I like the name! Stiletto! It just makes you want to fly it *wub*

EDIT: Curiosity: What torso does Rem have? I'm guessing the legs are from the Orient Expedition; does the same go for the torso?

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Cool Comic! *y*

Great background and special effects work here!

The fighter is really cool too 8-

@Piranha

:-D Male Twi'leks are not very attractive, that's true...

@trooperdavinfelth

rem_oonyk.jpg

I used a Jawa torso and Bespin Lukes legs.

Here are the rest of the comic pics I've finished (I made these before the action shots seen above, before I thought of using Star Wars wallpaper pics as background).

There is more text, more background and the start of the story I thought of. Feedback (critique and advice) is appreciated.

Thanks for the interest so far...

starwarscomic08b.jpg

starwarscomic09.jpg

starwarscomic10.jpg

starwarscomic11.jpg

starwarscomic12.jpg

starwarscomic13.jpg

starwarscomic14.jpg

starwarscomic15.jpg

As you see, there is no movement and just one scene...

EDIT: Speech bubbles reworked

Edited by Vimes

These are awesome! Welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing your comic with us. It's very well filmed and built! I really love it. Your ships and environments are quite incredible. Keep up the awesome work. *wub* *y*

This really is incredible. It looks like you've professional experience in this area, do you?

Your english is fine its engaging and moves the stories along well. I love the enviroments, you almost forget that they're just Lego.

All in all truly excellent work, keep it up. *y* *sweet*

Hey! *wub* You're pretty good at this! You should do more. I liked the custom ship too. (I guessed what it was made from.) The worst part of it was that it reminded me that I passed on a Cloud City on sale a few years back. *wacko*

Ok, I'm literally stunned. This is incredible! *wub*

I love how you mixed parts of official sets like Cloud City with so much of your own work.

The bar scene is a thing of beauty. A lot of people try to avoid showing studs, you seem to embrace them, with studded floors and walls everywhere, and that gives it so much more of a LEGO feel. Then adding the lights and smoke effect pushes it right into the real of believability.

Now, in my typical manner, I do have to comment on one thing... It's Nar Shaddaa, with two d's. Though honestly, it's been spelled your way so many times that I don't think anyone will care anymore.

I am such a friggin' geek for even realising that. :-$ :-D

I laughed when Falgruu commented on people hiding guns under the table. Nice jab at Greedo there. *sweet*

Please continue doing such a great job! *y*

Thanks again for the feedback!

@imperialshadows

At first I planned to decorate the Walls and the floor with all sorts of different grey tiles to hide the studs, but I made one test shot without tiles and was satisfied with the result (the shadows on the surface). With some dirt smeared on the wall plates (I used old and heavily marked plates I bought at a flea market someday), the whole scene looked grimy and shadowy (and the studs emphasize the whole look, I think).

Oh, and thanks for pointing out that I made a mistake with the name "Nar Shaddaa" (geez, I've read so many Star Wars novels, own some SW lexica and still I confuse and mispell names of characters and places).

I will correct it.

I don't know when my job and my studies (or my fianc