Sign in to follow this  
Guy0naBuffalo

[MOC] Ebon Hawk

Beautiful model, it's so rare to see the Ebon Hawk done in Lego.  I like the mix of the old and new greys, it add some lovely texturing.

I love the model! The use of chair pieces near the back is really clever. Plenty of greebling. Only thing is the cockpit. It seems to boxy to me. I'm not sure if the Ebon Hawk is designed that way in the cockpit, but it could use a few more curves. Still, great model.

It's been a long time since I've seen one of these done in lego, and this one looks pretty good.

Detailing is nice, some angles don't look to appealing I think, however.

Love the Moc, love the games.  A minifig scale set of the Ebon Hawk was/is always on my most wanted list.  It will likely not happen now that I believe the games are considered "Legends".  I suppose I might have to attempt a Moc like you have at some point.  Well done.

Edited by Smack
repetitive english

From some reason which I cant really identify this makes incredibly good impression on me. Its one of these models where closer look at pics actually reveals the relative simplicity of the design and perhaps even some weak spots. But the general look is just great.

While I would have loved to have seen it in minifigure scale, for a midi-sized version of this ship the proportions are spot on. Seeing the game was released so many years ago it is almost sad that this vehicle was never covered by a lot of MOC builders in the elapsed time, and yours is a great effort to fix that obvious gap.

On 8/7/2017 at 6:37 PM, krisandkris12 said:

"perhaps even some weak spots"

Thanks for the comment. I was very happy how it came out!
Just curious if you mean weak structurally or design ascetics wise?

This was my first MOC to have a structure and technic frame, where most of mine have been a lot more fragile before, just connecting interesting modules together.

^^ Hello, well I didnt refer to structural weak spots, rather a design ones maybe. But when it comes down to it, it's almost hard to call them weak spots (which I didnt by the way :D ). It's really just that certain things could use more elaborate desihn techniques, for example the whole underside could be stud-down construction or the 'greebling' on the side arches towards the back engines (with black grille tiles) could have been set more inwards and the 'holes' more covered. But I emphasize what I said before - all these things seem very little importance compared to the overal impression which is very good! :)

Very nice!  Your model is the perfect display size.  

Here's another (bigger) version that you might like:

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/392295

I used the LDD files to build this about a year or two ago.  If I remember correctly, there's a small number of places that use digital glue, but all in all it was doable with some modifications.  

I'm building this! Already bought all the parts. I'll be sure to post a photo once it's done!