Hello! This is my fifth of 19 posts I will be doing, where I will be building my way through the Hobbit story, one chapter per post, I will do this over the course of the year...

Anyways, about the build, this is on a 30 x 30 or so base, and is about 1000 pieces! The rockwork was also quite challenging, the smaller boulders were difficult to fit the sides together because of the limited space, while the big boulder was tricky because of all the strange angles... :D Enjoy! :D

Here are some pics of the build:

1501175573m_SPLASH.jpg

15011755741_SPLASH.jpg

15011755742_SPLASH.jpg

15011755743_SPLASH.jpg

15011755754_SPLASH.jpg

15011755755_SPLASH.jpg

Here are some pics of the main boulder:

15011758631_SPLASH.jpg

15011758632_SPLASH.jpg

15011758633_SPLASH.jpg

And of course, some WIP pics:

15011759101_SPLASH.jpg

15011759102_SPLASH.jpg

15011759113_SPLASH.jpg

And the main pic again:

15011759361_SPLASH.jpg
I hope you enjoyed!

To God be the glory!

Nice rockwork, is Gollum hiding in there somewhere?

I think I prefer the smaller boulders, as the edges created by the large curved wedges don't quite look right on the larger ones. What are the minifig hair pieces? I assume the hats are mushrooms / fungi. The boulders could also do with something around the edges to hide the small gaps that make them look like they are floating, maybe just some stones (1x1 rounds) or a few old bones scattered around.

8 hours ago, KevinyWu said:

Awesome creation, the rocks look very natural!

Thanks Kevin! :D

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Nice rockwork, is Gollum hiding in there somewhere?

I think I prefer the smaller boulders, as the edges created by the large curved wedges don't quite look right on the larger ones. What are the minifig hair pieces? I assume the hats are mushrooms / fungi. The boulders could also do with something around the edges to hide the small gaps that make them look like they are floating, maybe just some stones (1x1 rounds) or a few old bones scattered around.

Thanks! Unfortunately, no I don't have a Gollum minifigure... :/ The hair pieces are mushrooms/fungi as well as the hats. :D Bones would have been nice, a really good suggestion actually that I completely forgot to include in the build... Thanks again for all the suggestions! :D

If you are in the US, I think Gollum (with narrow eyes) is quite cheap at the moment on BL, as the Dimensions game pack has been sold off really cheap there.

Nice rockwork! Its kind of funny to see sand green being used as hidden support structure, since it has been one of the less common colors until recently with it being in PAB and now quite a few new pieces in Ninjago.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

If you are in the US, I think Gollum (with narrow eyes) is quite cheap at the moment on BL, as the Dimensions game pack has been sold off really cheap there.

Yeah, I looked on BL, and decided that I wasn't gonna get one, just because I didn't feel like I would use it much... :/

2 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Nice rockwork! Its kind of funny to see sand green being used as hidden support structure, since it has been one of the less common colors until recently with it being in PAB and now quite a few new pieces in Ninjago.

Thanks! Yes, actually, I got around 2,400 off of PAB, so, it is the easiest way for me to connect my rockwork, and I have done this with all my rockwork for a long time now... :D Thanks again! :D