Outworlder

(MOC) Send a Detachment Down to Retrieve Them...

I like the integration of the official set with the moc.  Well done.

3 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

that's epic

make me think I need a Dewback in my life

Haha, yeah!

Awesome build man!

This looks really good. I like how you made the dunes. Very nice, organic flow, that gives a lot atmosphere to the scene. Beautiful! :classic: I would perhaps arranged the Dewbacks a bit differently, maybe make them approach the pod from different sides. The dragon skeleton looks a bit too complete and straight to me. Maybe you break it up into different sections and give it some curvature. Wind, scavengers and sand will surely have left its toll on it. Oh and a little photography advice: It looks nice and clear, but also pretty blue-tinted. I would tone that down, and also try a couple low-angle shots as well to get more of a Minifig point of view, or slightly above that. Works usually very well and gives some extra immersion. :classic:

I agree with the above, one of the dewbacks is obscured. I'd also bend the minifigures legs a little to make them look like they are moving and possibly twist some of them (use a single stud underneath just one foot) so they are not all pointing in the same direction.

Otherwise, nice landscape and good rendition of the scene. The twist detail in the skeleton's backbone is great.

I really like the technique you used for the sand. maybe you could extend it a bit further so the droids could be a bit further away but overall I LOVE the moc :)

Wow.

What a great build. Love the use of sloped pieces for the sand and the twisting animal carcass! The scattered escape pod parts give the build a really nice finish!

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, roadstermatt said:

that's epic

make me think I need a Dewback in my life

well I've weakened and ordered a Dewback  kept coming back to this moc