AlexDoesLego12102

[MOCs] Swing Carousel/Chair-O-Planes, Drop Tower

(Long time lurker, first-time poster here, so please be gentle :)

As a great lover of the fairground/ theme parks, I was pretty disappointed last year when we didn't get a Creator Expert Fairground set. I decided to take matters into my own hands and set about designing some rides of my own.

I present to you; the Swing Carousel and the Drop Tower!

Swing Carousel 1Swing Carousel 2Swing Carousel 3Swing Carousel 4Swing Carousel 5Drop Tower 1Drop Tower 2Drop Tower 3Drop Tower 4

(apologies if these photos are too large; I am nowhere near technically skilled enough to choose sizes myself :)

Both rides function exactly like their real life counterparts - in the Chair-O-Planes' case, via lots of gearing and a drive wheel, and in the Drop Tower's case, by a large conveyor belt running up the centre.

Here are some videos of them in action:

I think that's all I'll say on their design and just let the pictures do the talking.

Both rides are on Lego Ideas, and you can find their project pages (with a couple extra pictures) here:

Swing Carousel

Drop Tower

Any and all support would be hugely appreciated (I know 10,000 is pretty unlikely, but it's worth a shot :)

Please feel free to give any feedback and constructive criticism - I'm always looking for help and advice on how to improve my MOCing skills.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by AlexDoesLego12102

These are very cool and would be a great addition to any fairground. But I think the g-forces on the minifigs in the carousel are a bit extreme. ;-)

Lovely MOCs that seem to work well with the roundabout. They actually look like they could be sets as well. Very elegant and neat designs and functionality. The snack booth is really lovely as well. I appreciate such details that add some atmosphere. Though I would perhaps put the swings a bit further apart or reduce their number. They seem to get pretty close to each other when its spinning - too close to be safe! :wink:

Cripes, those look more like elaborate ways to kill minifigs than rides, especially that Drop Tower...

Here we go guys! We're almost at the top! Here we go here we go her we g-!

SPLAT!

:laugh:

Great builds.

On 7/25/2017 at 5:28 PM, peedeejay said:

These are very cool and would be a great addition to any fairground. But I think the g-forces on the minifigs in the carousel are a bit extreme. ;-)

On 7/25/2017 at 5:34 PM, Littleworlds said:

Lovely MOCs that seem to work well with the roundabout. They actually look like they could be sets as well. Very elegant and neat designs and functionality. The snack booth is really lovely as well. I appreciate such details that add some atmosphere. Though I would perhaps put the swings a bit further apart or reduce their number. They seem to get pretty close to each other when its spinning - too close to be safe! :wink:

On 7/26/2017 at 2:23 AM, Henchmen4Hire said:

Cripes, those look more like elaborate ways to kill minifigs than rides, especially that Drop Tower...

Here we go guys! We're almost at the top! Here we go here we go her we g-!

SPLAT!

:laugh:

Great builds.

All the mini figures are totally OK!

And thanks to everyone for the kind words and feedback!

Nice builds indeed. Especially the swings although maybe try gearing the swing mechanism down a bit to get a more realistic turn ratio like a real one. Very impressive though.

Some really good ideas! It'd be great to see them within a bigger setup with some of the other fairground themed sets.

I would have a similar face to those on the drop tower! :laugh:

Well done!

The swing is really great! I like how it runs really smoothly and looks exceptional. The tower also looks great and I love that it operates. I would recommend widening the base of the tower a little as I noticed that it was wobbly when you were running the crank and I think it would be more stable if the base was even a little wider. Great job and I am looking at the ideas page as well. 

WOW!!!, Amazing Builds!!!

they work great, and the colors are spot on

Great Great Work!!!

Greetings