Hey everyone,

I would like to present my latest finished MOC, the crop sprayer built from 42054. it has 2 motorized and 1 manual function.

The build went relatively smoothly, though toward the end, a problem arose where the model simply refused to roll forward. I originally thought this was because of the model being front heavy (which it is) but then I saw that the wheel hubs were parting toward the outside when rolling forward, so the wheels were hitting the chassis, which made it stop rolling. This problem could have been avoided if the model didn't need to have so much ground clearance. On the other hand, it steers very smoothly and the motorized functions work smoothly.

The motorized functions are the deploying and lowering/raising of the sprayer arms. More can be seen in the video. Pictures are below with added lights:classic::

2017-07-21-20-59-432017-07-21-21-02-252017-07-21-21-07-092017-07-21-21-09-46

Overall I was happy with the look and function of the model. If you have a comment or some criticism, please leave below as I would love to hear from you. 

Videography tips would be especially helpful, as I feel my videography is subpar compared to most on this forum.

Thanks for reading/watching!

BrickbyBrickTechnic

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Great! How does the functions selector work? I don't like the extra direcion switch. It could have been a dual moving switch for the battery.

Great work. The design is really cool, in particular the very high ground clearance. Once again it's better than the Lego's B-Model of the 42054.

30 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Great! How does the functions selector work? I don't like the extra direcion switch. It could have been a dual moving switch for the battery.

Thanks! You switch the lever and it moves the driving ring into position for the function to work 1 way or the other. The extra direction switch is due to space issues. I'm not sure I like it either, but is was the optimal solution in this case.

30 minutes ago, Superkoala said:

Great work. The design is really cool, in particular the very high ground clearance. Once again it's better than the Lego's B-Model of the 42054.

Thanks alot! I actually prefer the B-model over the A in this case. The crane is just so... crude.

Cool to see sprayer in nature. Lights are just nice touch at the end :thumbup:

9 hours ago, grum64 said:

Very nice build. Great work :thumbup:

Thank you!

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Cool to see sprayer in nature. Lights are just nice touch at the end :thumbup:

Thanks! Had fun editing these pics :)

Great model, lot of details and functions. The thing I liked the most is we can remove the hood t revel gearbox, that's where we can see the 'technic' in actions.

Edited by IstakaCiti

Great C model, congrats again and thanks for sharing!!

If you publish the instructions / unmount video, for C-models it is of great help a picture of what's left (the unused parts) so we can put them apart at the beginning of the build

6 hours ago, IstakaCiti said:

Great model, lot of details and functions. The thing I liked the most is we can remove the hood t revel gearbox, that's where we can see the 'technic' in actions.

Thanks It is fun just watching those gears spin... 

4 hours ago, nick97 said:

This looks great! Well done:thumbup:
I like the compact gearbox:thumbup:

Thanks! The compactness wasn't 100% intended, but it worked out in the end!

2 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

Great C model, congrats again and thanks for sharing!!

If you publish the instructions / unmount video, for C-models it is of great help a picture of what's left (the unused parts) so we can put them apart at the beginning of the build

Thanks! I will make sure I post a picture of the leftovers:thumbup:

50 minutes ago, higgins91 said:

I like it, very good C model !

Thanks!

Hello everyone, 

This may be considered a revival (though I assure you that isn't the intent of this post).

The instructions for this MOC are ready- and I am pleased o tell you that there are over 600 quality images guiding you through the building process.

Here is the link: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9356/BrickbyBrickTechnic/crop-sprayer-42054-c-model

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The instructions for this MOC are ready- and I am pleased o tell you that there are over 600 quality images guiding you through the building process.

Edited by Aventador2004
Unneeded question.

As said before: amazing C model, many many thanks for sharing and for the huge amount of images to easily replicate it. I've seen you've started another project with the same set, I'll follow that thread as well

I've put together the >600 images in a huge pdf, just in case someone finds that file format more manageable or wants to print the instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2cfZzLAqw4QT2g3RFFfd1pqTWc/view?usp=sharing 

Just now, bitbamboo said:

I've put together the >600 images in a huge pdf, just in case someone finds that file format more manageable or wants to print the instructions

Wow. Thank you so much for doing that. It definitely makes printing and viewing better. In fact, I will link this instruction and credit you.

Just one question. How did you do this?

Once again, thank you.

It is very simple once you figure out how; it is nothing to get credit for

Using Microsoft Word, set the page orientation and margins in a blank doc. You already provided the images sorted by name so just use Insert-Image and in the pop-up window select them all.

It will take time but  they will be added from first in the selection window to last. The high resolution makes them fill nicely one page each so there were no need for any adjustment

Then save as pdf, which takes some minutes as well

So the computer has been busy, but it has taken very little of my attention span.

I'd say this works from Word ... 2007 onwards? I haven't tried in Libreoffice or Apache Openoffice, but I guess it will be similar