Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

[VIDEO REVIEW] 10258: London bus

I guess this belongs here, since we don't have a specific forum section for Creator cars and it looks Model Team-ish enough.

I present you the bus that suffers from subpar accuracy (the front end looks atrocious) and marketing bull...t (no, it's NOT built at the same scale as other Creator cars), and yet manages to look really, really good on a shelf:

Great review sariel! I think this will fit special lego theme forum.

I WANT THAT TIRE SO MUCH!!

Great review of the old-good Routemaster! :thumbup: I still can't believe that it succeeded Lego Ideas (it was #175279, as far as I remember) and is available in Lego bricks :cry_happy:

By the way I have a question for those... tires (what a surprise!), are they solid? I've watched the review several times, but never got what I saw at 2:38 - a kind of a band at the inner side of a solid tire, or empty space with a side border. I'd suppose that they are still solid, since the model is quite heavy and there is no any tires deformation that should be presented for "semiinflated" tires.

Edited by Void_S

The tires are solid rubber. The set comes from Creator line, not Ideas line, so it probably had nothing to do whatsoever with the project you've mentioned.

I am going to buy that one.. i had the first one as a boy in the 70's, so that is an extra reason to buy one...

Hi Sariel, I think there's a review of this in the Creator section of the forum already. I've bought it because London is very close to my heart and i have all the Creator cars so far ... and the Caterham and also my BrickmonkeyMOC inspired Creator style MX-5. In terms of your comments about scale I think this is a "lost in translation" moment by TLG as none of the vehicles before this are the same scale. if they did the Mini would be called a Maxi, or you'd never want to go away in a VW Bus !

I do agree that the model is let down by the Grille, but I think thats fixable, was thinking some red grille pieces and then perhaps a rod to use as the division bar down the middle

Nice review, I think this is a lovely creator set, my gf likes the creator and architecture line from Lego. But she only likes them as display pieces so I tend to let her buy them, but I build them. I'm more a technic collector. works out nicely, I get the enjoy the building process, and the gf gets a nice new lego model to her collection.

Great review, thanks Sariel.  

Can't believe they've got the back looking quite realistic, and the front is rubbish.  

I must be getting out of touch as I think £110 is way overpriced.  Might be a good pence per piece price (7p), but still too expensive.

10 hours ago, Chilly said:

Can't believe they've got the back looking quite realistic, and the front is rubbish. 

Agreed.

When you look at the UCS London Bus - Route 38 by great_mazingas on LEGO Ideas you see how good it could have been. I guess the introduction of 10258 has killed off this project.

4448486-o_1bhhq5fah1dtr1cuhjfd9h81jpsc-k

On ‎29‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 0:52 PM, grum64 said:

When you look at the UCS London Bus - Route 38 by great_mazingas on LEGO Ideas you see how good it could have been. I guess the introduction of 10258 has killed off this project.

@grum64, you've found it! It's the 'Ideas project' that I referred to in my previous post. It looks unbelievable similar to this set, so I even proposed that the project got an approval and comes as a Creator set with small changes. Too bad if TLG just "were inspired by this project"... :sceptic:

The UCS model is of an RML, whereas 10258 is a standard RM, so there is room for both on the shelf.