Sign in to follow this  
richchie

crown kingdom version 2.0

Hi, after nearly 4 years since I start thinking about this procejt (and two years since I start building it)   I am nearly in the end of the journey. My diorama is almost done (progress around 98%, still some small details I have to finish). The diorama consist of 12 parts : 2 parts are castle, 2 parst are village, 2 parts are city walls, 2 parts are river and 4 parts are attacking army of orcs.  Castle has interiers, and most of the castle is openable to get acces inside. I must finish some details in interiers, so till then just one promo image cust city itself without attacking army, I put here also older picture where you can see the attacking army (castle build on this picture was just at the begining)

(EDIT on March 25th, 2019)

City of tharbad :

47391536112_af024bc4ac_k.jpgcity of Tharbad by richchie, on Flickr

older photo (castle in progres) with siege army of orcs :

44055455505_d0cd51e8dd_k.jpgIMG_20180928_094715 by richchie, on Flickr

first floor of castle finished (edit: October 8th. 2018) :

56 by richchie, on Flickr

Edited by richchie

Legit, I love it! This is so cool and to such a large scale. Like sigmund said, love the technic axles on the wheat, it's one of the first things I noticed :) It's a big project!

This looks very good.  I like the river.  The farm land is nicely done.  I like layout of the castle is interesting can't wait to see the finished project.  I also like all the crownies.  keep up the good work.

Interesting reedition of the moc, I have to say that the river is eye catching. Well done. =)

It looks great so far! I like how you made the river. My only suggestion is to build larger trees if you have the parts. The official LEGO trees are a bit small in my opinion.

Nice MOC :thumbup:

Spoiler

rio-celeste-5%25255B6%25255D.jpg?imgmax=

Although I do find it strange that many AFOL's use the standard map colour for rivers.

In reality very few rivers are actually blue. With most of the images online being reflections of sky.

Move to a different location and the same rivers will appear completely different.

Mostly rivers are a dirty brown or grey black. Sometimes clear water or green, with lots of river plant life or algae 

many thanks for all coments, i see that the river interests the most  :-)  I decided to do the river like this because I want to try this technique. I know that the real colour of rivers are different and not so pure blue, but i think in lego MOC is ok. i put also medium blue to create a various colour of the river. (also put some white plates to create the imagination of floating water).

About that trees - I put here only lego trees but i want to build 2-3 larger trees, i have bricks at home ,but first i must make some plan where to put hat trees.

About Castle - as you can see the basic floor plan, it will be a small castle, probably with 3 towers (2 with the roof). i wanted to put forge into castle , but there is no place, so small forge will be near the river (between small river from the rock and bridge crosing the river to alow soldiers to go from road to castle)

Edited by richchie

Looks amazing! The river is my favorite part. Would be great to see a video or detailed overview with step by step explanation.

bricks are at home so I try to make some progress, will put photos here..

Edited by richchie

Awesome! There are soo many things I like about this MOc that I don't even know where to start!
Rock work is brilliant, the general layout too, armies are massive... amazing!

another update..... castle nearly done, just to finish roofs ant 3 towers. Almost all parts can be removed to acsess to interiour (more photos  when the whole castle will be finished)

46850351192_9104ee1bf8_h.jpg68 by richchie, on Flickr

69 by richchie, on Flickr

70 by richchie, on Flickr

Edited by richchie

another update... finished roofs, start building main tower, then another two smaller towers and the castle is done.

The castle is build to have maximum playability (you can open roofs, walls to get accses inside, more pictures when the whole castle will be done)

sorry for bad pictures, made in the night...

75 by richchie, on Flickr

40261535563_8ce436ef74_h.jpg76 by richchie, on Flickr

Edited by richchie

just to finish tower in the front, and repair tower on the left side  in the back and finish main tower (right side , on the back) and the castle will be done. more pictures  within weeks

Looking good! Love the layout and the details. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

This is an amazing castle. i really love the front view, lots of contrasting stuff: rockwork and walls, grey vs. the small tents, Wonderful!

first tower finished, still to finish tower in the front and main tower on the right side .  i must think about how to finish tme (with roofs or not...)

47235424141_937049f0ea_h.jpg77 by richchie, on Flickr

after nearly 4 years since I start to thinking about this project, I am nearly in the end of the  journey, almost all is done, still some small details have to build  (house for cows, interiers of the castle - most of the castle can be removed to get accses to interiers)

more pictures when I finish those details (right now the diorama is around 98% done...) , so till then just one promo image - just city without army of orcs who make siege of the city....

47391536112_af024bc4ac_k.jpgcity of Tharbad by richchie, on Flickr

SO on April 3rd , year 2019 I finish this project. I decide to create new topic where i put only pictures of final creation. This topic was to show you progress of building.

New topic can find here :

Edited by richchie