Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

10 hours ago, OCD_Chad said:

I am thinking about doing this, but am new to the custom stuff.  I noticed on rebrickable none of the places have all the parts available.  Are you guys just having to go through and manually check everything?

You will probably find that you will have to buy the bricks from multiple sellers.......I like to place a bricklink order every week to keep momentum going.

I just keep a spreadsheet to keep on top of parts required.

1 hour ago, Hunter003 said:

You will probably find that you will have to buy the bricks from multiple sellers.......

Yep...the cheapest shop who nearly has got everything is about 2000€ I think (and there are still parts missing)!? But you will get the parts about 1300€ on bricklink (altogether).

Today only a small update, book 8 "Tie Fighters & Probe Droids".

gallery_8754_6681_55121.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_12855.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_2224.jpg

3 hours ago, legolijntje said:

You're making fast progress @bricksmarlin!

Any problems with the instructions so far?

No not at all! Everything runs smoothly so far! I have to say that the aggressor from the construction side is the best thing I have seen so far! Absolutely unbelievable! And the instructions are also great! Sure there are a few moments where you must look exactly on which position the part belongs, but this is normal for a project of this scale! So everything was fine, you guys did an awesome job!
All I can say is thank you again!

Man i'm loving those probe droids:wub:

Yes, they are awesome! (Hunter freu dich, das Ding ist der Wahnsinn...echt keine Worte!!!!)

I'm so ready to get the instructions now! I just need to gather the pieces. Its taken more time than I expected! Then again all I do is play Overwatch!

17 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Yes, they are awesome! (Hunter freu dich, das Ding ist der Wahnsinn...echt keine Worte!!!!)

This made me laugh:laugh:

This made me laugh:laugh:

Holy sh....my mistake, I thought you were from germany!

I think I need a bit more sleep!:wink:

By the way, the next update! Book 1 is finished, today I will build book 2 (WIP)!

gallery_8754_6681_108274.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_560.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_83606.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_74632.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_38518.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_59180.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_46393.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_24347.jpg

1 hour ago, Davenocheese said:

I'd love to have the same disposable income as Marlin :laugh:

I am a normal worker at Bosch, but I live alone and my fixed costs are very low!

48 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

I am a normal worker at Bosch, but I live alone and my fixed costs are very low!

I was only joking :classic: looks like you're making great progress, keep it up! 

3 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Holy sh....my mistake, I thought you were from germany!

I think I need a bit more sleep!:wink:

I did translate it and you were spot on:laugh::laugh:

Hmm, interesting, re-brickable reckons I have 79% of the required parts (probably actually more than that, as I haven't added all my loose bricks and I know there's definitely some of the missing parts amongst them), though would mean taking apart a few sets that I don't really want to, but maybe with a bit of careful planning it could be possible to build this without too massive an expense. 

5 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

By the way, the next update! Book 1 is finished, today I will build book 2 (WIP)!

More great pictures!

I also can't help myself from checking over your work, just to see if I can spot anything out of place, but it looks like you've been very careful. Your extensive experience with building custom designs must be paying off :) Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the bottom panels attached...that's like the moment of truth.

12 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

I challenge Rasko to build a Venator and Acclamator with instructions! He will make the Republic proud!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a market out there for "plus sized" versions of a lot of Star Wars vehicles, it's just not something I think I can deliver unless I quit my day job. But hey, if I ever get disbarred and then have to make a choice between starting a LEGO business or working fast food, I'll try to hook you up :)

18 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the bottom panels attached...that's like the moment of truth.

I'm also looking forward to it! But as the rest is constructed, I'm pretty sure your solution will work!

I have not reached my yesterday goal to finish the second book, I needed a break!

Here some more pictures from the construction process!

gallery_8754_6681_47228.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_94413.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_139542.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_62494.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_36588.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_56332.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_75393.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_51772.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_106636.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_12245.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_55534.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_101760.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_119833.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_178456.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_108926.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_22994.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_3807.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_101113.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_41313.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

7 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

I have not reached my yesterday goal to finish the second book, I needed a break!

Understandable, heh, it must feel like a marathon by now.

Guessing from your pics, it looks like you're a fan of the canteen section.

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

Guessing from your pics, it looks like you're a fan of the canteen section.

I love the whole ship! The attention to detail is just incredible. Every time I think it can not get any better, it does.
I'm almost done with book 2, I will post some pictures soon!

So... The new Millennium Falcon also has an interior (sort of). Would pair well with the ISD :wink:

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

So... The new Millennium Falcon also has an interior (sort of). Would pair well with the ISD :wink:

There's a pretty good chance that I'll pretend it's a "Corellian Battleship" or something, just so I can finally have a capital ship battle between my Imperials and the Rebels.