Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

I just bought everything at once and ordered about 5-10% extra depending on pieces (excluding large or rare stuff).  15,000 pieces is a staggering amount and you will inevitably miss things.  Spread out on the floor and organized it probably takes up an 8x12 space.

Edited by Schneeds

5 hours ago, SABOtage170 said:

For those that have built this, did you get all the parts first then build it or has anyone sourced parts for certain sections and worked that way?

Buying parts section by section is certainly the most expensive way of buying parts for an already incredibly expensive Moc. Better to buy the while lot in one go. 

Edited by Rubblemaker

I bought all of the parts over the space of a year. As others have said, once the parts were sorted it took up an enormous amount of floor space. I sorted into part type and colour, primarily into plastic cups and tubs. Even then it took time finding parts. I ordered around 5% extra common parts and did not have any parts issues.

As said before, 15,000 is a Biblical amount of parts to have sitting around you!

For me it took 38 orders to purchase everything over a year.  That was a sorting wanted lists a certain way to order Light Gray Technic pieces into a single order, etc.

13 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Well, I sort of did that, except I got the parts book by book rather than all 15k at once. Much easier to find pieces and easier to organize (better to organize 1k-2k pieces instead of 15k :P). If you're wondering how I sourced the parts book by book, @rockpig made an amazing excel spreadsheet that has all the parts you need for each book! You can find the file either somewhere on this thread or on rebrickable. Good luck!

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Hello, new to the forums and my first post!

I'm attempting to build this amazing creation. So far I've ordered the bricks and am waiting for a few deliveries. I'm keeping track of my progress here:

https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/building-the-isd-aggressor-star-destroyer-lego-moc.366983/

Hopefully I'll have it done by Christmas...

On 11/2/2019 at 4:02 PM, Pete_J said:

I was looking up MOCs on eBay and came across this:

Aggressor instructions on eBay

I just wanted to check that the original guys involved know about it and aren't getting blindsided?

It appears these are Rip offs as the same seller has the @cavegod Sandcrawler and the @mortesv Nebulon B for sale as well.

Edited by Bandit778

On 11/2/2019 at 4:02 PM, Pete_J said:

I was looking up MOCs on eBay and came across this:

Aggressor instructions on eBay

I just wanted to check that the original guys involved know about it and aren't getting blindsided?

And they've sold 28 of them!. Unscrupulous a-holes. And they're using pictures of the Tyrant interior to sell it as well. Dumbasses don't even know what they're selling.

Edited by Rubblemaker

Yeah, I'm aware of that seller and emailed them a while ago--no response. I then looked into ebay's report system but it seemed complicated/time-consuming. Given the number of sales and the fact that he's stealing from other eurobricks users, it may be worth another look.

2 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that seller and emailed them a while ago--no response. I then looked into ebay's report system but it seemed complicated/time-consuming. Given the number of sales and the fact that he's stealing from other eurobricks users, it may be worth another look.

Did you try to contact him over his website? http://www.ledako.de

Hello again everyone; 

In about a week or two, I should have finished my mods to this amazing SD. Should I make a new post, or just show it here?

This is incredibly awesome! I was looking into picking up a new UCS Star Destroyer but I like interiors and this one is great so i just bought the instructions. Couple of questions... I see the some folks were asking about pieces per book. Did anyone ever make a piece per book list? Given my other planned project I am going to have to order this in parts and would prefer to be able to build along the way. 

Second question... any suggestions for ordering parts? I have never order a large amount of parts. I saw how to import to Bricklink and all but is it better to buy some of the parts from Lego? Cheaper? At least with buying from Lego I can get VIP points. Is there a way to separate new vs. used from Bricklink or does it default to one of the other?

Also, Raskolnikov, did you ever do instructions for your M80 Independence? That is an incredible MOC as well.

6 hours ago, MasterTyvokka said:

I see the some folks were asking about pieces per book. Did anyone ever make a piece per book list?

Hi, yes these are available. It is available on rebrickable comments section. I've copied and pasted it below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EbKW1Z2HBBI3P4slP7BQVo5jrucQMH1G/view?usp=sharing

I'm currently in the process of acquiring the pieces myself to build this beauty. My downfall is rebuilding and displaying old sets one last time (like 75055 and 75095) before the parts get 'sacrificed for the greater good'. I'm at 15% of pieces acquired and sorted so far.

There are tips on bulk buying Lego in the main forum if I remember correctly.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:40 AM, azzer86 said:

Hi, yes these are available. It is available on rebrickable comments section. I've copied and pasted it below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EbKW1Z2HBBI3P4slP7BQVo5jrucQMH1G/view?usp=sharing

I'm currently in the process of acquiring the pieces myself to build this beauty. My downfall is rebuilding and displaying old sets one last time (like 75055 and 75095) before the parts get 'sacrificed for the greater good'. I'm at 15% of pieces acquired and sorted so far.There are tips on bulk buying Lego in the main forum if I remember correctly.

So, I may have an issue, at least I hope not. So I pulled the the spread sheet, followed the instructions for doing it by book and went through the process of purchasing the parts for the first two books. The issue arose when I went to see how much the next two books will cost me down the road. I used the spread sheet to do the same as I did for the first two books for books three and four. Following the instructions for uploading the wanted list. But it is the same list from books 1-2. So I think something is wrong with the spread sheet but I am not sure what, how to see what is wrong, or how to fix it. Is is not that big a deal right now, assuming I did in fact buy the parts for 1-2 (pretty sure since the number of parts adds up) since it will be a little while before I get to the other books. But it will of course become an issue down the road.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

11 hours ago, rockpig said:

Download the spreadsheet again. Use that for books 3 & 4.

Unfortunately that still didn't solve the issue but it may be an issue with Bricklink becasue I was also getting an error when trying to do the auto buy to see the cost. I'll try it again when I am sure Bricklink has fixed its issue. Thanks for working up that spreadsheet btw! It is really helpful for someone like me who has only built large legos as sets and not gone through the process of buying on bricklink and all.

Edited by MasterTyvokka

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

I have a weird situation.  I was on Book 2 (page 28), step 15.  When I pressed down getting the sub assembly in place everything was ok.  I pinched the wedges on the side to make sure they were secure.  Deployed the "tail", so I could check underneath.  When I picked it up and stood it upright everything was fine until I twisted it to put it back down on the stands.  The bottom floor broke free from the backside and pulled two LBG 1x3 plates off.  The front held but not the back.  I have put it back together with the DBG hinge pieces but I don't see where the 1x3 plates go.

Anyone with ideas?   

What's the width of this thing? Couldn't find the info on Rebrickable (just weight and length). Just want to make sure I have somewhere to fit it in.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, cescpistol said:

What's the width of this thing? Couldn't find the info on Rebrickable (just weight and length). Just want to make sure I have somewhere to fit it in.

Hey,

I would say it's about 23 inches on the width. 23 and a half just to be safe. 

Hi guys,

I’m building the Agressor with my son and we’re really enjoying it!
I have a question for those who allready built it (and/or @legolijntje and @Raskolnikov).

What’s the function of the Technic beams with tiles that you insert into the construction on page 304 (step 59) in Book 1?

Thanks in advance!