Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

That's the tail (stand) you will deploy when you install the bottom panels. It slides back in after the panels are installed and is not visible when the model is complete.

ThanksĀ @rockpig! Just watched the video explaining how to attach the bottom panels.

Edited by base_1

12 minutes ago, Spooky_Spoon said:

Does anyone know how the aggressor's price compares with that of the monarch?

According to Rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9018/raskolnikov/moderately-sized-isd-with-full-interior/#parts
There areĀ 579Ā parts in this inventory, withĀ 15310Ā total quantity. The approximate cost of these parts isĀ ā‚¬2,009.51

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-23556/onecase/isd-monarch/#comments
There areĀ 481Ā parts in this inventory, withĀ 11353Ā total quantity. The approximate cost of these parts isĀ ā‚¬2,919.76

The Monarch uses some rare parts which you don't really need.
I built both but liked the Monarch a little more in the end; stronger construction (no interior) and 'sharper' looks.
If you like play features I would suggest the Aggressor.

Next up: The Intimidator!

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-23104/CharlesRAnderson/isd-intimidator-77525/#comments

There areĀ 480Ā parts in this inventory, withĀ 19579Ā total quantity.
Ā 

2 hours ago, Spooky_Spoon said:

Thanks for the help, do you have any advice for minimizing cost?

I'm in the process of acquiring the parts. From my own collection I'm up to 47%

That'd be my starting point, work out what you're willing to sacrifice for the greater good.Ā 

There was one part which was Ā£5-6 each on bricklink and you need 6 of them. It's about Ā£1.30 from Lego replacement parts site which is what I did to save money. (Bricklink Part 87926). I've also been seeing which is cheaper, 50 of one part on bricklink from one seller or Lego's website. Again, quite a few tile pieces were much cheaper (2x4 tile is an example where you need 400+ of them).

Hope this helps?

Thanks so much!Ā  I will compare the bricklink prices with Lego replacement parts then.Ā  I have a feeling I'll end up taking this one to universityĀ :laugh:

Edited by Spooky_Spoon

11 hours ago, Spooky_Spoon said:

Thanks so much!Ā  I will compare the bricklink prices with Lego replacement parts then.Ā  I have a feeling I'll end up taking this one to universityĀ :laugh:

My method may not be perfect, but it works for meĀ :classic:Ā 

I think there are dedicated threads on buying large number of pieces for builds like this in the more general threads on eurobricks. Suggest looking there for tips too.

Whelp, it took me a LOT longer than I thought it would, but a new Aggressor has come into the world today:

pm6iHuD5j

I modified it slightly to have the three centre turrets.

Really enjoyed building it and am in awe of the engineering that went into it. There were certainly a few parts that made me swear a lot, but it's all together now.

Now to get on with other models - which are considerably smaller!

Ā 

EDIT: Another builder pointed out that that I made the incorrect assumption that the panels were mirrored - doh! Ah well, I suppose it makes it my own unique thing!

Edited by Pete_J
Updated information

Ā 

9CE0F4FC-EFEE-472E-9BDC-0CC7BE6E6CED

Hello all,

About three hundred years or so ago, I posted that I had finished my mods of this beautiful ship, and then never actually posted any pictures. Well, here it is. It could be better, but considering I put in one B&P order and had maybe 200 LBG parts on hand, I think I did the best I could with what I had.

B33615AF-0C27-4E21-A683-5F4E2BBA5D22

Sheā€™s now 9 studs longer and I believe either 6 or 8 wider, just by replacing the rounded edge with the 4x6 tiles. I smoothed her out, etc., and itā€™s now more scales to the size of the superstructure. I think it made it look much sharper.

722BE400-CF4B-407D-ABD3-826744C7E1EA

The bridge is now way smaller, the right scale to the rest of the ship, which makes the whole ship look a lot bigger. I cheated on the shield generators, there was no piece to hold the ball and socket pieces together, so I drilled a hole in one of the little tires that fit perfectly... in one side. So now both sides of the tire have a hole in them, and it looks great and holds them well. The bridge is also lower, which is more scale. Thereā€™s more gaps in the front, but I think it was worth it.

88690AAC-54DB-4B8A-9F52-EDC3612CB1C88AEFDF33-BAA6-436B-8F00-89C3F212C2E6DFBCAAC5-8521-4C2A-84C9-923EEF4FA7DB

Then I made the hangar bay the right size and added a sort-of scale hangar. I know I could definitely do better when I decide to order some different pieces. Thereā€™s so many compound angles here that I had to choose where I wanted my gaps, obviously you can see where. Honestly tho I think I was pretty ingenious in how I attached the whole thing on there, there was definitely some brain-scratching.

Thanks for looking, hope you like!

So just made my order @ bricklink!

Bought the instructions about 2 years ago and got used to the idea of ordering the parts over the last days.

Now i do have following three questions:

Ā 

- Is there any more actual version of the instructions out there? Ive got the Version 1.3.1

- What is the exact size of the model? Im searching for a nice display, but i dont know all the measures

- Has anyone added a lightning kit? There is one aviable for the 75252, im thinking about adding some light to the Aggressor

Ā 

Cant wait to start building!

On 1/18/2021 at 6:05 AM, Cylo said:

Just completed mine, here it is along with Onecase's executor.

For more pics, I have created an album.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141627255@N02/albums/72157717936685302/with/50846988843/

Ā 

Ā 

Awesome!

Can u post the exact size of the Aggressor? Lenght, height and width? With the stand.

Thank you

I found these measurements earlier in the thread. Ā 
Ā 

97cm long x 58cm wide x 48cm tallĀ 

38ā€ long x 23ā€ wide x 18ā€ tall

Hi, I'm building this model in LDD and I run into some weird issue. I'm on Book 1, page 252 where I'm supposed to connect this section to one of the sides, using two hinges. When I connect one hinge though, the other one is off by a tiny marin. But enough to prevent LDD from connecting it. I tried to do some calculations on a paper, to check if the dimensions are mathematically correct and looks like they aren't.

So my question to the people who already built this using real blocks: did you need to apply some force on this step? Did you need to bend the section a bit to make it connect?

Because I don't know if I should still try to connect it or just remove one hinge and continue.

Below are the pictures and relevant page of the instructions.

Thanks!

T8DrY8m.pngat1Idz3.pngAr8AIRi.png