Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

Hi - anybody can assist me in locating where the 1x3 (?) lbg tile on step 44 of chapter 2 (page 67) goes? I can't seem to locate it... screenshot here

Thanks!

David

On 3/9/2019 at 6:46 AM, merman said:

Is there a way you can replace the following rare parts:

- black hinge plates with fingers (by newer versions)

- dark grey frame 6x8 by black or light grey?

- black 3L pins by blue?

- dark grey axles 3.2 with stop by dark tan?

I might've responded to you by email, as someone else asked about the hinges. Long story short: Any version of hinges with fingers will do. But when you export the parts list to bricklink, you'll see they only cost a few cents each, contrary to the exorbitant estimated price on the rebrickable inventory page.

I.e., rebrickable currently is estimating the cost of each 4276 hinge at $3.77--dunno why. They're currently listed in the inventory on rebrickable as "4276b," which doesn't appear to be a part on bricklink. When exporting the parts list, bricklink treats them as regular 4276 hinges. Although there's an entry for regular 4276 hinges on rebrickable, it gives an error when you try to add it to the inventory. I'll contact them and see if we can resolve that.

All other replacements you suggest can be made, although some of the 3L pins will be visible. Blue pins are used elsewhere where they won't be visible.

Hi - back for some more advise. I'm on step 61 in book 2 (link); and I don't manage to connect the wall piece to the main interior construction. Issue on both sides - problem visible here and even more here. The floor seems to be too high to accommodate the full wall piece; although I checked if all the studs are connected with each other with seems the case. Any suggestions from someone?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ZTalpa said:

Hi - back for some more advise. I'm on step 61 in book 2 (link); and I don't manage to connect the wall piece to the main interior construction. Issue on both sides - problem visible here and even more here. The floor seems to be too high to accommodate the full wall piece; although I checked if all the studs are connected with each other with seems the case. Any suggestions from someone?

Thanks! 

In the first pic of the problem, it looks to me like you should be able connect the plate assembly to the wall. The top of the wall is exactly 15 plates (i.e., six studs) higher than the floor. So it should be an exact fit when the top of the 6L plate lines up with the top of the wall, as you seem to have it in the first pic.

If the plate assembly isn't connecting to the studs, double check that you built the wall correctly. Other than, my recommendation is to make sure everything is tightly connected and try again.

Just saw the video on your mon cal cruiser! Any plans for instructions? If so, do you think it will be a similar price range for the parts?

@caperica Not currently working on instructions, but it's certainly a possibility--ask @legolijntje if his schedule has freed up. I think the parts cost would probably be higher than the Aggressor, though. And at this point I'm not sure how much interest there really is in $2000 Mon Cal.

Mother of God, how do you continue to build on this magnitude of amazingness?  I assume you're going to make a dedicated post showing off the Calamari? 

Corellian Corvette or Venator would be good options for the next masterpiece :)

10 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

@caperica Not currently working on instructions, but it's certainly a possibility--ask @legolijntje if his schedule has freed up. I think the parts cost would probably be higher than the Aggressor, though. And at this point I'm not sure how much interest there really is in $2000 Mon Cal.

Whatever the cost, count me in for the instructions ! I'm usually not a big fan of interiors in smaller-than-minifig scale ships, but this one simply is a masterpiece. And on a Mon Cal of all ships !

On 2019/3/29 at AM1点49分, ZTalpa said:

嗨 - 回来一些更多的建议。我在第2册的第61步(链接); 我无法将墙壁连接到主要的内部结构。发行两侧-问题可见这里在这里地板似乎太高而无法容纳整个墙壁; 虽然我检查了所有的螺柱是否相互连接似乎是这样的。某人的任何建议?

谢谢!

You need to force the plates that act as walls on both sides into the joint

There is some resistance, which is normal

That cruiser is amazing; unfortunately, if it's even more expensive than the Aggressor, I don't think it'll be an option for me!

I will post some pictures of my Aggressor with custom bridge in about two weeks to a month or so, when I get my display up!

Hi,

thank you very much for creating such an impressive build! The construction went fine so far, but now I have problems installing the wall piece on page 69 of the second instructions manual. See https://imgur.com/a/6U79Ml9. The 1x1 nose on the left side of the wall piece collides with the piece shown in the second picture, preventing me from moving it far enough to the left so that I can line up the black pins with the technic beam on the right where they need to be clicked into place. What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/Johannes

Edited by jasal82

Someone earlier in this thread solved the problem by using 1/2 pins instead of the 2L pins. This seems to be the easiest solution. I took the wall apart and built it in place. The toughest part was the piece with the top pin. You will have to repeat this solution on page 82.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I found no spare 1/2 pins and building it in place seemed too complicated to me. After fiddling around for an hour I finally found a solution: You can remove the wall section that you inserted on page 61 quite easily. It is only held by the black axle and the LBG 5x0.5 liftarm. After removing it the other wall section can be pushed in without any problems. I think the step on page 61 should come after the ones on page 69 and 82.

solution.jpg

Edited by jasal82

@jasal82 Cool, that sounds right to me. I recall removing/replacing that wall several times during construction/instructions, so substituting pins/building in place couldn't be the only work around. Previous feedback definitely indicated that there was an issue there, but when I went over the instructions everything looked to be correct, and I chalked it up as a mystery heh.

@Raskolnikov What I also noticed is that removing the indicated wall section makes insertion of the floor segment a lot easier because there's more space to operate.

I’m collecting pieces slowly to build the Aggressor after sitting on the instructions for a year or so. Is anyone able to give me the dimensions of the finished thing as I want to see if it’ll fit in a modular cabinet I could buy and add additional modules to over time. 

49 minutes ago, highaltitude said:

I’m collecting pieces slowly to build the Aggressor after sitting on the instructions for a year or so. Is anyone able to give me the dimensions of the finished thing as I want to see if it’ll fit in a modular cabinet I could buy and add additional modules to over time. 

It’s 97cm long, 58cm wide at its widest point and stands 48cm high from the bottom of the base to the top of the shield generators. It’s also INCREDIBLY heavy!

3 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

It’s 97cm long, 58cm wide at its widest point and stands 48cm high from the bottom of the base to the top of the shield generators. It’s also INCREDIBLY heavy!

Many thanks. It will fit with 2cm clearance at the sides and if not I can angle it slightly.

I have all the pieces and instructions that I have gathered for about a year.  Just wondering what is the best way to sort out everything to get started.  Just moved into a new house and of course I had to box up all the BL orders so its a jumbled mess just sorting.  Did anyone just put all the same parts in bowls and start or something like that?

9 hours ago, Diophantus said:

I have all the pieces and instructions that I have gathered for about a year.  Just wondering what is the best way to sort out everything to get started.  Just moved into a new house and of course I had to box up all the BL orders so its a jumbled mess just sorting.  Did anyone just put all the same parts in bowls and start or something like that?

I wouldn't do bowls or cups unless you have acres of room to spare. I kept everything in zip lock bags and put them in shallow boxes. It looked like this and I could carry it all at once by stacking the boxes on top of each other (though that was bloody heavy to start off with). I would spend an hour each night searching for pieces for about 30-40 pages of the instructions and then an hour building. There really is no magic formula for sorting over 15,000 pieces. I tried to keep all my plates, tiles, bricks, technics and odd bits all separated from each other but grouped together in the boxes but there are so many different types of pieces in this that you're going to be doing a LOT of searching for every single step of it. And that continues right to the end. Even on the last main book I had about 50% of these bags that still hadn't been emptied completely. Its hard work and needs a huge amount of patience. Worth it though.

IMG_1335.JPG

Edited by Rubblemaker

15 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

I wouldn't do bowls or cups unless you have acres of room to spare. I kept everything in zip lock bags and put them in shallow boxes. It looked like this and I could carry it all at once by stacking the boxes on top of each other (though that was bloody heavy to start off with). I would spend an hour each night searching for pieces for about 30-40 pages of the instructions and then an hour building. There really is no magic formula for sorting over 15,000 pieces. I tried to keep all my plates, tiles, bricks, technics and odd bits all separated from each other but grouped together in the boxes but there are so many different types of pieces in this that you're going to be doing a LOT of searching for every single step of it. And that continues right to the end. Even on the last main book I had about 50% of these bags that still hadn't been emptied completely. Its hard work and needs a huge amount of patience. Worth it though.

IMG_1335.JPG

Thanks Rubble, it's the sheer volume that has overwhelmed me when you get everything out with over 500+ lots that you think "You're going to need a bigger boat".

For those that have built this, did you get all the parts first then build it or has anyone sourced parts for certain sections and worked that way?

4 hours ago, SABOtage170 said:

For those that have built this, did you get all the parts first then build it or has anyone sourced parts for certain sections and worked that way?

Well, I sort of did that, except I got the parts book by book rather than all 15k at once. Much easier to find pieces and easier to organize (better to organize 1k-2k pieces instead of 15k :P). If you're wondering how I sourced the parts book by book, @rockpig made an amazing excel spreadsheet that has all the parts you need for each book! You can find the file either somewhere on this thread or on rebrickable. Good luck!