Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

Hey Raskolnikov, I was wondering if there is supposed to a gap between the halves of the reactor bulge? The plates are on correctly and seem to fit as they should, but there is a gap between the reactor halves that is larger than you usually allow! 

And also Schneeds, any chance you could re-post some more pictures of your bridge mod? I've been planning a rebuild of the bridge to make it the correct width, I'd love to see what you came up with!

Edited by caperica

I know this question was already asked so often, but mine is pretty spesific. I´m thinking of buying the instructions and parts for this amazing moc and I already have about 3000 parts. How much would it cost to buy the remaining 12 000 parts, when I buy only used pieces?

Btw your moc just amazing. I´m looking now every day on the pictures of the Isd, because I can´t wait to build it. The amount of details is great and I love the interior, especially the hangar.

@caperica Yeah, there's a bit of a gap, unfortunately. It's not too noticeable when the ship is upright and together, as you'll rarely see it from the bottom at that point. Should look like the pic below.

NlkXb5W.jpg

@MrMarvin From what I've heard, $1600 seems like the typical total. But if you go to the rebrickable page, there's a "buy parts" tab that could give you more info on what particular bricklink stores are selling for. It may take a while to load, due to the number of parts. The first few stores will be overpriced, but if you scroll down there's ones with over 70% of the parts for around $1000.

6 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

@caperica Yeah, there's a bit of a gap, unfortunately. It's not too noticeable when the ship is upright and together, as you'll rarely see it from the bottom at that point. Should look like the pic below.

NlkXb5W.jpg

Mine is close to that, except where the rear half on yours is roughly in line with the center and the front one is a little to the left, mine are both the front half's distance from the centerline. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference though. Any particular reason you attached the dome in halves to the panels instead of attaching a full dome to the bottom of the frame through a hole in the panels?

On 9/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, caperica said:

Hey Raskolnikov, I was wondering if there is supposed to a gap between the halves of the reactor bulge? The plates are on correctly and seem to fit as they should, but there is a gap between the reactor halves that is larger than you usually allow! 

And also Schneeds, any chance you could re-post some more pictures of your bridge mod? I've been planning a rebuild of the bridge to make it the correct width, I'd love to see what you came up with!

Here you go.

DSC_1717.jpg

7 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

Here you go.

DSC_1717.jpg

Thanks! So the actual size is the same, but you moved the shield generator dome inward?

This is amazing! I wish I had the patience/ money to make a moc like this. Your work is phenomenal!

On 9/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, caperica said:

Any particular reason you attached the dome in halves to the panels instead of attaching a full dome to the bottom of the frame through a hole in the panels?

Simplicity, mostly. If the dome were attached to the frame, you'd probably have some gaps between the dome and the bottom panels. I also wanted the curvature and details of the dome to be noticeable/look good from the side, since it's one of the only interesting things on the bottom of the ship. If you used the same large curved pieces and attached them to the frame, the dome would appear a lot more shallow. Other options would be a 10x10 dish (which would be way too shallow for the rest of the Aggressor's proportions, imo) or one of those Death Stars the Tyrant uses for engines (might work...or might be too curved/out of place, and gaps between dome and panels would probably be a significant issue--I dunno).

@Evergreen Thanks, looks good! Unfortunately, my own Aggressor is a VSD now, heh.

@HamdenKidThanks!

Hey @Raskolnikov

I´ve just found out, that you can buy a lot of the parts for the Isd Agressor with the customer service on the Lego web side. Those pieces are sometimes even cheaper (for example the part 87926 costs around 5 Euros, but on the Lego shop it costs under 2 Euros) so I was asking you if you think It´s a good idea to buy the parts there?

8 minutes ago, MrMarvin said:

Hey @Raskolnikov

I´ve just found out, that you can buy a lot of the parts for the Isd Agressor with the customer service on the Lego web side. Those pieces are sometimes even cheaper (for example the part 87926 costs around 5 Euros, but on the Lego shop it costs under 2 Euros) so I was asking you if you think It´s a good idea to buy the parts there?

Hrm, it sounds like it for those particular pieces, but for the most part the build avoids unusually expensive pieces. There are a lot parts that might cost $1 or so on Bricklink (e.g., 1x16 technic bricks, large plates) but in my experience LEGO tends to charge a lot for those as well. So in general, I suspect you're best off with Bricklink. Also, buying used can save a lot of money--I'd recommend getting new tiles so the exterior gleams, but many plates under those tiles are covered up.

Honestly, I had no idea those half cylinders were so expensive. I still have a bunch spare, and I'd be shocked if I paid more than $1 each. Maybe the Aggressor has impacted the prices?

@Raskolnikov

Thanks again for the tip. Also in that video from beyond the brick about your fleet you said that your next moc will be a mon calamari cruiser. Are you going to sell instructions for that moc too? I know you have probably little progress on it so this is a little bit to soon but what are your "plans" for this moc? (class, interiors, size...)

27 minutes ago, MrMarvin said:

@Raskolnikov

Thanks again for the tip. Also in that video from beyond the brick about your fleet you said that your next moc will be a mon calamari cruiser. Are you going to sell instructions for that moc too? I know you have probably little progress on it so this is a little bit to soon but what are your "plans" for this moc? (class, interiors, size...)

Sure, no plans for instructions, but who knows. Still a little early to be thinking about that, since I'm not sure the moc will even work.

Current plan is to base the design on Home One. But it'll probably be named something else, so it'd just be a generic ship of the same class. Mon Cal ships are all supposed to be sightly different, anyway, so that'd account for some of the inaccuracies.

I don't subscribe to that viewpoint that Home One was supposed to be 4k meters long or whatever, so I'll be assuming a length of around 1300 meters per the current canon. The goal then would be a ship somewhere between 45 and 55 inches long, very roughly to scale with the Tyrant or VSD version of the Aggressor.

Anyway, lot of hurdles still to confront. Here's a WIP pic showing a mock-up of some of the hull, not close to final. I'd like to do gray mixing, but unfortunately there are almost no curved slopes in the old grays. It's very slow going, as I have to put some serious thought into what pieces I'm going to use to make some of the front cone/curve-shapes before I lock in the overall shape of the hull--i.e., lots of rebuilds are probably in store. And yes, interiors are mandatory.

xNgHf7p.jpg

Man, it looks great!

I´ve never doubted that it wouldn´t but I can´t wait when you´re going to show us the final result in a few years. The problem of a big Lego Mon Cal ship is probably its shape but it clearly looks like you´ve solved it.

Keep up the great work :)

17 hours ago, MrMarvin said:

Hey @Raskolnikov

My experience with buying the parts

I bought about 50 Lots at S@H and the rest via bricklink

Here some Parts (Europe/ Germany) most in light bluish gray via s@h

87926/ 41769/ 41770 / 43722/ 43723/ 87079/ 87715 (S@H 17715) / 30374 (21462 S@H)/ 44300/ 2343 (S@H 6269) / 30162/ 99563/ 3024/ 61409/ 10202/ 15712/ 27263/ 14719/ 11203/ 3068b in DBG/ 3069b/ 3070b/ 30565/ 63965

for dark bluish gray and black parts you should use Bricklink

Plates only from bricklink (exception 3024 and 60479 in dbg hard to get) - I mixed used and new Plates

some Technic parts are only available in few shops so pay a little more at S@H (3703 dbg/ 32555/ 98989/ 23443) I mixed new and used 

Tile - new - most from Lego shop (Quantity)

I get all the parts for 775 € (ca. 13k parts)

Just to say you make incredible MOCs, I am finishing up on the first Star Destroyer.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:42 AM, Raskolnikov said:

Sure, no plans for instructions, but who knows. Still a little early to be thinking about that, since I'm not sure the moc will even work.

Current plan is to base the design on Home One. But it'll probably be named something else, so it'd just be a generic ship of the same class. Mon Cal ships are all supposed to be sightly different, anyway, so that'd account for some of the inaccuracies.

I don't subscribe to that viewpoint that Home One was supposed to be 4k meters long or whatever, so I'll be assuming a length of around 1300 meters per the current canon. The goal then would be a ship somewhere between 45 and 55 inches long, very roughly to scale with the Tyrant or VSD version of the Aggressor.

Anyway, lot of hurdles still to confront. Here's a WIP pic showing a mock-up of some of the hull, not close to final. I'd like to do gray mixing, but unfortunately there are almost no curved slopes in the old grays. It's very slow going, as I have to put some serious thought into what pieces I'm going to use to make some of the front cone/curve-shapes before I lock in the overall shape of the hull--i.e., lots of rebuilds are probably in store. And yes, interiors are mandatory.

A 50" Home One with interior... where do I send the deposit for instructions?

I just finished the engine section! It looks beautiful! The only issue I encountered was with the bottom panels being too high to get the engine panels behind the brackets, and I discovered that my first mod had something to do with it. I had, in the tractor beam room underneath the internal bridge, put a black plate underneath the holes on either side of the walkway. I extended the hole downwards about a brick height and put a plate with tiles on it to make it look like a black hole without being able to lose any figs to the space between the bottom panels. This somehow affected the bottom panels, and once I removed them the issue went away and I was able to put the plates in with no problem. Hopefully that is the last time I take the bottom panels off, I had them on and off for about a week while I was correcting the size of the hangar bay opening!

This is for Raskolnikov or anyone else that's built through the Aggressor. Book 4 Engines Page 47 Step 6. The image showing legos you need and maybe one of the yellow box sub steps is missing. Does anyone have list of legos needed? You can see the legos somewhat in the images. Dont want to make a mistake and waste a legos. Ill try and eyeball and build it while waiting for reply. Step should be fixed in the instructions to avoid confusion and for completion purposes. Thanks.

Nevermind. Just scrolled up to test a theory after looking at picture of step 6 page 47 and double check things. I was right. Accidentally skipped a page 45 and built 46.

Edited by masseffect66

Just a heads up that this MOC, along with Cavegod's AT-AT and mortesv's Nebulon-B have been listed by a user that goes by the name Ledako Design and has been selling manuals on German amazon and ebay.  Please report the listings as it is stealing intellectual property of everyone involved with making these designs and manuals.

https://www.amazon.de/Markenlos-CUSTOM-Bauanleitung-UCS-Nebulon/dp/B06Y1W6THT

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_0?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=Ledkao&index=toys-de&search-type=ss