Raskolnikov

ISD Aggressor (Star Destroyer MOC w interior and instructions)

That explains! They're not shown in the instructions, but I guess they're not essential at all. I guess I will leave them as they are, not really looking forward to dismantling the entire thing just to cover up those two pins.

Thanks for your reply!

On 7/23/2018 at 3:18 AM, DarthPineapple said:

That explains! They're not shown in the instructions, but I guess they're not essential at all. I guess I will leave them as they are, not really looking forward to dismantling the entire thing just to cover up those two pins.

Thanks for your reply!

Hey, I didn't see this either! Thanks for noticing! I just wanted to tell you that unless you are talking about the difficulty of moving the bottom panels, it isn't actually that difficult to install them. I haven't built the interior yet, and that may affect it, but for me it was simply a matter of removing some plates! Hope this helps!

I've been following this thread for quite some time, planning to build it myself in the near future.:drool:

May I request a consolidation of errata and omissions of the instructions in a single document, for future builders? :blush:

Just saw the fleet at BrickFair this weekend, thanks to Raskolnikov for bringing them to the event!  Simply awesome :thumbup:  Can;t wait to start on my Aggressor.

Edited by WTFett

it looks like shrek is just trying to look outside the tv to see the massive lego collection XD

Edited by JarJarBonks

Got most of the second top panel finished last night. The weight of the thing at this stage is just incredible. The weight of the finished model will be something special!

Just finished the beast with the help of my six year old son, so it was a slower building but we had so much fun.

Thanks to Raskolnikov and legolijntje - everything works! no Problem with the instructions.

28926814647_edbaa03937.jpg29993845738_bcd47c556b.jpg43145874044_5d79c4fbac.jpg

On 8/6/2018 at 1:57 AM, spirogero said:

May I request a consolidation of errata and omissions of the instructions in a single document, for future builders?

Yep, we're working on it. The plan is to release a final update that corrects the remaining issues we've noticed along the way. I'm super busy IRL at the moment, though, so no ETA currently.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:44 AM, WTFett said:

Just saw the fleet at BrickFair this weekend, thanks to Raskolnikov for bringing them to the event!  Simply awesome :thumbup:  Can;t wait to start on my Aggressor. 

Glad you could make it!

On 8/8/2018 at 4:06 AM, Hunter003 said:

Got most of the second top panel finished last night. The weight of the thing at this stage is just incredible. The weight of the finished model will be something special!

Yep, it's definitely a brick, heh.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:12 AM, Fuchs said:

Just finished the beast with the help of my six year old son, so it was a slower building but we had so much fun. 

Thanks to Raskolnikov and legolijntje - everything works! no Problem with the instructions.

Awesome! Glad you liked it. I let my 5-year-old nephew play with the Aggressor unsupervised for like an hour, so it actually has been kid tested. I figured that the worst case scenario, since the ship is way too heavy for him to move, was that he might collapse the bridge tower or something. But he only ended up knocking off a few cannons and breaking the TIEs (which adults will probably end up doing, too).

Just saw your Beyond the Brick video Rasko! Absolutely amazing! I loved seeing the Aggressor completed, and the Tyrant is absolutely mind-blowing! Next comes the Constrictor, then the AT-AT!

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of doing this in the near future, there is a Bricklink seller (nicematacz) that currently has 27, 10188 sticker sheets for sale at approx £4.50 + p&p. Considering what they have been going for, even with the p&p to the UK it worked out a reasonably good price.

Hey Rasko/Legolntje is there any possibility you guys might release some DLC on the instructions on how to convert it to the Victory-class, maybe design a way so that it's interchangeable?

Finally complete and sitting in new home (for now). Everything about the model is just incredible. The weight!!……..I plan to fit it out with fibre optics at some point...think that will really make it pop!

Also it is nice to finally tidy the place after having so much Lego pieces knocking around for 4 months!

S86Tbwtl.jpg

jMXzroEl.jpg

ssRovA3l.jpg

@caperica Thanks! Being on camera isn't exactly my thing, but Beyond the Brick did a great job. Camera work was definitely top notch. Anyway, should be some more Aggressors and Constrictors out in the wild soon, since the video seemed to have a pretty positive impact on views/sales.

As for the victory mods, yes, I've thought about doing that. Just had a very busy time at work, and then I got a puppy that I ride an elevator 17 stories down to take outside every couple hours. So haven't been doing much LEGO recently. Also, if you can complete the Aggressor, you can probably reverse engineer the victory mods if you put your mind to it. The only critical ones are the winglets and the bridge module. The bridge is made basically the same as the bridge in the instructions, just with different greebling/shaping on the front, and steeper angled slopes on the back.

The winglets present a bit of a challenge in terms of instructions, and are one of the reasons why I haven't really worked on this yet. They can be done very simply if you just want to slap some plates on the ship. Don't really need instructions for that. But the version of the winglets shown in the Beyond the Brick video, with embedded hinges etc., is more complex and requires alterations to all the main exterior panels. Anyway, it's certainly doable to generate new panel instructions, just would be a hassle. We'll see.

@Hunter003 Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for all the progress pics! I look forward to seeing lights in it.

Also, are those low white tables standard issue in Europe? I swear I've seen those same tables holding up a bunch of other UCS collections, heh.

Edited by Raskolnikov

^ The tables look like IKEA stuff to me if I am not mistaken. That's a big Swedish furniture supplier, quite common in Europe :)

Almost done with this monster, just need to complete the bridge. I left out the mini ties and the probe droids because they don't really appeal to me, no offense raskolnikov :). Also if you don't mind,  I plan to customize mines slightly to fit my preferences for a star destroyer, such as a micro scale hanger bay, making another room below the bridge (idk what to put, any ideas?), and figure out a solution for the four starboard and portside turbo lasers. I sort of customized the conference room to an office (like Thrawns from rebels) and hopefully I can put some relics on the sides of the room. Cant wait to finish :D 

Hey @Raskolnikov, just purchased this and Interdictor II, and I wanted to make sure I understand. Typically with MOCs the designer supplies the LDD file with the instructions. Are the LDD files available for these two builds, or was that a whole extra layer of pain to attempt?

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to revisit your Tyrant design and bring us something that was more realistic to build. You're very talented, and I'm looking forward to building these incredible designs soon.

1 hour ago, phaelon said:

Hey @Raskolnikov, just purchased this and Interdictor II, and I wanted to make sure I understand. Typically with MOCs the designer supplies the LDD file with the instructions. Are the LDD files available for these two builds, or was that a whole extra layer of pain to attempt?

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to revisit your Tyrant design and bring us something that was more realistic to build. You're very talented, and I'm looking forward to building these incredible designs soon.

If I'm understanding correctly (And I can't say for the Interdictor), the Aggressor can't be built properly in LDD? There are some connections that are too questionable for LDD's small mind :) 

1 minute ago, caperica said:

If I'm understanding correctly (And I can't say for the Interdictor), the Aggressor can't be built properly in LDD? There are some connections that are too questionable for LDD's small mind :) 

I can see that. LDD is very limiting when it comes to advanced construction techniques. Although Mortesv's Nebulon B Frigate is an insane build, and there are LDD files for it. Of course they have some errors in them.

Either way, my question is certainly not a complaint, and I appreciate that you did not take it as such. :)

Does 2.3k AUD sound good for the bricks? 

(Trying to decide between Onecase's SSD and yours)

Edited by JarJarBonks

@krisandkris12 Thanks, we have those in the states, too, I should probably check it out. My current display solutions are not ideal.

19 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Also if you don't mind,  I plan to customize mines slightly to fit my preferences for a star destroyer, such as a micro scale hanger bay, making another room below the bridge (idk what to put, any ideas?), and figure out a solution for the four starboard and portside turbo lasers. I sort of customized the conference room to an office (like Thrawns from rebels) and hopefully I can put some relics on the sides of the room. Cant wait to finish :D

No worries, I'd definitely encourage customization. I've been planning on swapping the conference room in mine as well, since it's not really serving in a command ship role. That's one of the reasons the interior of that room can be removed as a separate module if you pull out a couple pins.

@phaelon Thanks! Yeah Caperica is right that the ships aren't LDD friendly, so they've never been built in LDD so far as I know. I don't think the illegal techniques put any undue stress on the pieces, though. Anyway, hope you enjoy them!

@JarJarBonks Yeah, that sounds decent from what I know of Australian prices, but I'm far from an expert. It probably comes down to how much you value the interior, and how much space you have, as the SSD is a large, display-oriented build.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:17 PM, Evergreen said:

Almost done with this monster, just need to complete the bridge. I left out the mini ties and the probe droids because they don't really appeal to me, no offense raskolnikov :). Also if you don't mind,  I plan to customize mines slightly to fit my preferences for a star destroyer, such as a micro scale hanger bay, making another room below the bridge (idk what to put, any ideas?), and figure out a solution for the four starboard and portside turbo lasers. I sort of customized the conference room to an office (like Thrawns from rebels) and hopefully I can put some relics on the sides of the room. Cant wait to finish :D 

I am planning on doing the same thing for the hangar bay! Are you going to leave a hole to the interior of the ship, or make the hangar bay scale to how it looks from the outside? I was going to make mine scale to the exterior and just make a large floor for micro-scale ships on the interior.

Edited by caperica

Wow, those pictures of the Aggressor next to Mirko's U-Wing are instructive. That U-wing is beautiful but a bear to display; it gives you an idea of how big the Aggressor is!

On 9/12/2018 at 7:05 AM, caperica said:

I am planning on doing the same thing for the hangar bay! Are you going to leave a hole to the interior of the ship, or make the hangar bay scale to how it looks from the outside? I was going to make mine scale to the exterior and just make a large floor for micro-scale ships on the interior.

Yup, thats what I plan on doing. Ill probably add some small rebel ships for the ISD to practice on :)